Status: Done for now.

Baby Blue Eyes

Decisions

It only took one phone call for Lexi and me to become an inseparable couple. Nobody could figure out why we were together because we were total opposites. She was everything I wasn’t like beautiful or outgoing.

My favorite thing about her was the way after a party at her apartment she would curl up into my lap her head on my chest neither of us saying a word falling asleep together. I loved how she held me tight as if I would leave.

We dated through senior year and decided on the same college, the University of Florida. We bought a small cheap apartment near the university. My parents had offered to buy us an apartment but Lexi stubbornly refused claiming they were much to kind. Lexi loved my parents they were sort of replacement for hers seeing as her parents kicked her out being the homophobes they are. My parents didn’t care if what your sexuality was as they are retired hippies but still held that kind of free spirit state of mind. It didn’t hurt that both of them were psychologists.

I had never seen Lexi truly angry I had seen her irritated, irked even but never ever angry, except when we first met. That all changed when were home watching some T.V. show on MTV. She had her head in my lap I was playing with her hair her baby blue eyes were gazing up at me. I looked down and smiled “What?” Lexi shook her head slowly and said “You know you’re really beautiful.” I smiled “Not really. I’m nowhere near as beautiful as you, sweetie.” Lexi shook her head again “No babe you are don’t think like that you are gorgeous. “ I rolled my eyes “Sure I am.” Lexi shot up and grabbed my face tightly with both hands. Her eyes were dark, her mouth was downturned into a frown and her jaw was set. “Why don’t you believe me?”

I shrugged averting my eyes to my hands playing with a loose thread of a pillow. She shook my head slightly “Look at me, please.” I did looking into her baby blue depths as her pink lips said “Why can’t you see you’re beautiful. Remember when we first met and you laughed at the thought anyone would be there with you? Is it really that unimaginable someone could notice your beauty?” I shrugged again “Maybe it is I don’t know. Maybe it’s a little hard to believe you about anything anymore.” Lexi’s eyes went wide she stuttered out, “What are you talking about?”

“Do you think I don’t notice you’re coming home later and later each night?” Lexi’s hands went limp “What do you mean?” “I mean that I know you haven’t been at your job like you said you have been.” “Yes I have been. What are you talking about Addie?” I sighed and looked down at my shaking hands clasping them together. “I went to your work the other day and you weren’t there and they said you don’t ever work nights. I know you’ve been lying to me.”

“Lexi are you cheating on me?” I whispered. I could feel her baby blue orbs stare at me. I glanced up to see Lexi open her mouth to say something but closed it again she did this repeatedly. I sighed and shook my head her expression told me everything I needed to know. Lexi’s eyes were wide her eyes had always got wide when she was lying to me. Lexi finally found her voice “How could you even ask that?” her voice was shaky like she was on the verge of tears.

Lexi jumped up and screamed “No I’m not cheating on you. Are cheating on me?” I looked at her and saw she was serious. I laughed so hard my eyes watered and I was gasping for breath. She stared at her mouth was pursed her hands on her hips. I gazed at her through my teary eyed haze and realized I wanted to believe her badly I did. My eyes don’t believe her but my heart swears by her. I did the most immature and stupid thing in my whole life to decide something so important. I used the good old trusted method of Eenie-Miney-Mo to decide my future with Lexi.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked my two-shot.