Status: Completed

I Wonder What It's Like to Be Loved by You

Got Me On Mind Control

Danny’s POV
“So Josh is picking us up?” I asked Kirstie once we had landed and were walking through the airport.

“Yeah, he’s tall, he has blonde hair, blue eyes,” She described him while scanning the crowd. “Oh there he is!”

I saw a guy wave to her and she took my hand and led me over to him. Once we were there, the two shared a hug and a kiss. I really didn’t want to see that. I know it’s dumb but I don’t like seeing her kiss another guy. I guess it’s just because I want to be that guy.

I could see why they were together though. Josh was well built and muscular, but he seemed like a nice guy as much as I hate to admit it and he had a nice smile; Kirstie was always a sucker for a nice smile and a clean cut guy.

“Josh, this is my best friend Danny,” I heard her introduce me.

“It’s nice to meet you, I’ve heard so much about you,” Josh grinned at me.

I sent a weak smile back and said, “Yeah, good to meet you too.”

We went and got our luggage before getting into Josh’s flashy black Mustang and headed to Kirstie’s apartment. After we got her and my stuff inside, something started beeping.

“Baby, I’m sorry, I have to go. There’s an emergency call,” Josh spoke up.

“Oh that’s okay,” She told him. “Thanks for picking us up.”

He just sent her a big grin and leaving a kiss on her lips and said, “I love you, I’ll call you later.”

“Alright, bye Josh,” Kirstie replied.

After he closed the door, she let out a sigh and plopped down next to me on the couch. She ran a hand through her beautiful brownish red hair and took a deep breath as she thought.

“Why did Josh leave? What emergency call?” I questioned.

“He’s an EMT,” She explained to me. “That’s what actually first attracted me to him, is that he cared about other people.”

“He seems like the type of guy you’d like,” I mumbled out, feeling disappointment that I couldn’t be the guy that had her affection.

Kirstie just nodded her head but then she turned and looked at me. She had confusion written all over her face as she started to speak.

“Danny, can I talk to you about Josh?” She asked me softly.

“Of course, you can talk to me about anything,” I replied while sending her a smile.

“I’m just really confused. Josh is such a sweetheart and he’s so good to me but lately I’ve been feeling really awkward around him,” Kirstie revealed.

“How do you feel awkward?” I questioned.

“Well, he tells me he loves me but I don’t feel it so I don’t want to say it back but I feel bad because I don’t feel the same. I don’t want to lead him on if I don’t love him, but then again I don’t want to break up with him and hurt him,” She explained.

“You can’t force yourself to love someone,” I found myself saying.

“I know, I just don’t want to hurt him. And he’s such a great guy, I just don’t love him and I don’t know why. I feel like something is preventing me but I can’t figure out what,” Kirstie sighed while laying her head in my lap and curling up.

I stroked her soft wavy brown locks which seemed to calm her down. Kirstie and I have always been able to comfort each other and I’m glad that I can be the one she comes to.

“Danny, I want you to tell me the truth… am I a bad person for not loving him?” She softly asked.

I looked down into her dark chocolate colored eyes and said, “Of course you’re not. You could never be a bad person even if you tried, you’re too sweet and nice. Kirst, love isn’t one sided, that’s not good for either people and you shouldn’t be with him if you can’t love him.”

“So you think I should break up with him?” Kirstie questioned.

“I do. If I was him, I’d rather just hear that it’s not working rather than going on and thinking I have a chance,” I honestly told her.

“Alright, I’ll break up with him then,” She nodded her head.

“Really? You’re going to break up with him just like that?” I asked in shock.

“Yeah, if you think I should then I’m going to,” Kirstie replied then took one of my hands in her and went on saying, “I trust you more than anyone and you always give me good advice.”

“Thanks Kirstie, that means a lot to me,” I smiled down at her.

I know I’m not the brightest guy out there by far and to have someone really trust me and what I tell them really does mean a lot. People usually just think I’m a goofy crazy weird guy, which I am but Kirstie sees more than that, which is one of the millions of things that made me fall in love with her…
♠ ♠ ♠
i would really really really love a comment! i don't have any yet :(