Status: Completed

I Wonder What It's Like to Be Loved by You

I’ve Got You To Make Me Feel Stronger

I let out a loud scream as I felt someone grab my waist. My head whipped over and saw a curly headed boy with freckles standing there with his famous smirk on his face.

“Danny,” I whined while smacking him in the arm. “That wasn’t nice!”

“Who said I was nice?” He shrugged while plopping himself down under the tree next to me.

I just laughed at him and rolled my eyes.

“What are you working on?” Danny asked while reaching for my sketchbook.

“Nothing,” I quickly replied while closing the beat up book and holding it up against my chest.

“C’mon Kirstie,” He whined. “Let me see it.”

“I don’t usually show anyone my art other than my parents,” I replied.

“You let me see your room,” Danny countered.

“What does that have to do with anything?” I asked.

“Your whole room screams artist!” He said with his eyes growing wide. “You painted that big mural on the wall, you painted all your own furniture, and you dress like an artist, and all of it is amazing! C’mon Kirst, we’re best friends, let me see.”

“You promise you won’t laugh at it?” I questioned while biting my lip, a habit I have.

“I promise, I wouldn’t do that to you,” Danny replied while crossing his heart then we did our secret handshake.

I handed him over my sketchbook that was practically falling apart from so much use. There was lots of loose papers and half finished drawings, ideas written out and all kind of charcoal, acrylics, watercolors, pen and ink and everything of the likes.

Danny flipped through every page, looking at them in depth and at each little piece of paper that was tucked in with doodles and random drawings.

“These are…” He trailed off. ”Amazing. I can’t believe you never showed these to me before.”

“I guess I’m just afraid people are going to tell me I’m no good,” I sighed.

“Art is an expression of the soul,” Danny started. “And beautiful art reflects a beautiful soul.”

I felt my cheeks grow red and I smiled as I looked at the grass. Danny noticed how I was blushing and he let out a chuckled while draping an arm around my shoulder.

“You have a beautiful soul too Danny,” I said after a while. “And your music reflects it too.”

“I love you Kirstie,” Danny grinned while hugging me.

“I love you too Danny,” I replied.

Just then, something flashed and we heard an, ”Awww.”

We looked over and saw my parents standing there and my mom snapped a picture.

“You guys are so cute!” My mom cooed.

“Oh gosh,” I groaned while shaking my head.

“You are,” Dad agreed.

“Seriously, you guys even kind of look alike!” Mom went on just as Danny’s mom walked out into our backyard and stood next to my parents.

“Danny, come on, we’re going out to dinner with your grandparents,” Heather called.

My parents and Danny’s mom started chatting as we got up and headed over to hem.

“You’re right, they do,” Heather grinned.

“Do what?” Danny and I simultaneously said then busted into laughs.

“Look alike,” Dad informed us. “You guys both have brown curly hair, freckles and you have kind of the same smile.”

“Maybe we’re twins,” I smiled.

“Born on different days?” Danny laughed.

“Oh don’t bring me down with technicalities,” I scoffed.

“And they say I’m the dumb one,” He muttered and everyone laughed.

Danny and I are a lot alike, not only in what we look like, but in who we are. The best thing about being best friends with Danny is that he is strong in what I’m not and I’m strong in what he’s not. We can look at each other and know what the other one is thinking, we know what one another is feeling without a word spoken. I’m completely convinced that the two of us were born to be friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right now i'm obsessed with watching videos of them in Uganda, they're so cute!!!!

comments? please?