Status: Active :)

Uneasy Hearts Weigh the Most

I could ruin you.

Jamie's POV

After Kellin threw his little fit, I said I would talk to Josh later and set out to find Jesse. Jack told me he was outside so I stormed out there as best as I could in my drunken state. I think I might have bumped into a few people on the way, but I really couldn't tell.

"Jesse!" I shouted as I stepped out in the dark.

My eyes adjusted slowly and I looked around and finally spotted Jesse waving me over. He was standing with two guys I recognized, but I didn't know who they were. One was rather tall and lanky and the other was a little shorter. I stomped over and put my head on his shoulder and let out a huff.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I think Kellin's mad at me. Can I bum a smoke?"

I lifted my head to see Jesse shake his and hand me a cigarette. I lit it and inhaled deeply. After I calmed myself down and Jesse gave me some advice about how Kellin was just trying to look out for me and blah blah blah, I remembered the two boys standing beside us.

"Oh my god. I am so rude. I'm sorry. I'm Jamie." I said extending my hand to the boys.

"Haha it's quite alright. I'm Trenton and this is Alex. We're from Hands Like Houses" the shorter of the two said.

"It's nice to meet you." Alex said taking my hand and kissing it.

I felt my cheeks flush slightly. Their Australian accents were quite inviting to my ears. Why hadn't I heard of these guys before?

We got deep into conversation about life and music and how we missed home, and I finally noticed that Jesse and Trenton had both disappeared long ago. Alex and I had been sitting here for over an hour. Alex noticed me looking around and laughed nervously.

"I hadn't noticed they both left already." I said, starting to get a little shy.

"I didn't either." Alex said with a small smile.

We both sat awkwardly for a second, not knowing what to do or say now. I looked at my phone finally and saw a few texts from Kellin, Jesse, and even one from Josh. I sighed and decided that it was late and I should probably go to bed. I didn't want to leave this spot though. I was having a nice time with Alex. I liked getting to know new people from time to time, and something told me that me and him would become pretty good friends.

"well Kellin's in his overprotective best friend mode. I guess I should head back to the room before he comes down here and drags me there." I said, getting up to leave.

Alex stood as well and smiled.

"This won't be the last time I see you. We've got the whole tour in front of us. Oh and be patient with Kellin. He's just looking out for you." Alex told me as he pulled me into a hug.

"I'll see you later, Alex." I said while returning the smile.

I headed back upstairs to see Kellin sitting outside our door playing with his phone. He looked really sad. I was beginning to wonder if this was even about me anymore. He didn't look up when I sat down beside him.

"Before you say you're sorry or anything, I just wanted to say don't. It's not your fault okay. I'm just being overprotective again."

He paused and grabbed my hand gently. His other hand grabbed my face and forced me to look into his bright, blue eyes.

"I just don't want you to get hurt again. Josh was never a good guy in high school, and I'm not so sure that people like him can change. Please just give it some time before you jump into anything with him. I couldn't stand to see you in so much pain for a second time."

"Thanks. I don't know what I would do without you."

I stood up and pulled Kellin with me.

"Let's go to sleep. It's been a long night."

Kellin smiled and pulled me into a tight hug.

But all I could think about was how I wished it was Alex still hugging me....
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, but it's also been over a month since I've updated. If I get some positive feedback from this chapter I'll update again tonight. :)