Status: Hiatus

Jasper

Meet Jasper

Woken in another pool of sweat. I looked around my room with the TV still on and the room darker than it was before I fell asleep. I looked at my clock, 9:35 PM. I groaned and rolled out of bed. That was the longest nap ever.

As I sat up in bed I started to remember the dream I had. More like a nightmare really. It started out in my room. I was watching exactly what I fell asleep to, ‘Dear John’. The suddenly this boy Jasper was next to my bed. Thinking he was my brothers friend, I started asking questions about Ian.

Much to my bad luck, he wasn’t a friend of Ian. Didn’t even know him. All he wanted was to talk to me. Carly Miller, a lonely military child who only wanted a good nap. To tired to even argue, I talked to him.

“Do you even know who I am?” He asked me with all seriousness.

“You just told me, Jasper Whitney right? The person who lived in this house before. Over a hundred years ago. The person ‘haunting’ this God forsaken place.” I air quoted haunting. Even in my dreams I didn’t believe this adorable guy.

“Not just this house, Carly. The whole town. If you know the troubles taken within this home a hundred years ago, you’d haunt it too.”

“Right, and if I don’t get out, the worse will happen to my family and me.”

“Yes, I suppose. Maybe you’d like to see for yourself?” He asked and took my hand in his without my say in it. I opened my mouth to object, but with a blink of an eye the whole scenery changed.

I was tied in chair with cloth in my mouth. There was a red haired girl across me with a worried look on her face. She was untied. I looked to my right and saw a woman with blond graying hair. She held two weapons in her hands. A knife and one I didn’t know the name of.

“The least you can do is untie her. Its not right that I’m untied and she is not.” The girl in front me said in the calmest voice she had at the moment.

The woman smirked at the girl and me and said, “Your right, I like to hear them scream.” She took the cloth from my mouth and walked behind me, opening a door. I couldn’t control my actions. The other girl and I were talking to each other.

“Its not your fault,” She said to me.

“Its always been my fault. You cant take the blame for something that I have done for myself.”

“Is she really going to torture me by making me watch you die?”

“She has a right, Athena, I have done to many sins to live anymore.”

The girl shook her head, “No…” I heard the woman’s footsteps come from behind me. She grabbed a weapon and held it up high. “I like you dear.” The girl said to me.

Then that was the last thing that happened before I woke up. I shook my head and placed my hand on my sweaty forehead. It was only a nightmare.

I stood from my bed and walked out my room and down the stairs to the kitchen. I walked to the sliver metal fridge. There was a two notes left on the front. I took them off and read them as I opened the fridge.

The first was from Mom and it said, ‘Went out to a bar with someone I met from the store. There’s ravioli in the microwave. Love, Mommy.’ I put my mothers note on the island counter and looked at my brothers, ‘Went to a party. I would have invited you, but I’m sure no one likes you. I told Nathan to check on you. Don’t be a retard and invite him in, be nice. He likes you, I don’t know why though, your pretty damn ugly. Ian.’ I rolled my eyes at Ian’s note and put it next to Mom’s on the island.

I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and took the ravioli Mom made me out the microwave. Still warm. I smiled as I could feel my mouth watering from the delicious Chef Boyardee I call a delicacy. I ate the food pretty quickly. Once I was done I finished my water and put my bowl in the sink.

Before I went back upstairs I checked to make sure all the doors were locked. Looked around to make sure everything looked presentable when Nate comes over. If he even comes. Who knows, Ian is known as a lying pig. I hurried up the stairs and walked into my room. I needed to make sure I looked the lease bit okay for Nate.

I turned on most of the lights in my room. Still a bit scared from my previous nightmare. I changed from my kitty pajama pants into Victoria Secret pink sweat pants. I kept on the matching kitty pajama shirt for now. I went in my bathroom, trying my best to ignore the extra room hidden within it.

I put on a face mask and pulled my hair back into a messy high bun. Hopefully Nathan wont be here for another fifteen minutes. I set an alarm on my phone since I always forget about these things. I flopped my bun around as I turned on Nevershoutnever from my iPod.

I walked in my room, waiting for the mask to dry so I can peel it off. I walked over to my large window and closed the window since it was getting kind of nippy. As soon as I turned around I saw someone by my door frame. I screamed out loud and dropped my iPod from my hands, making my ear buds tug on my ears.

“Ow, shit!” I yelled, holding my aching ear. “Okay, who the fuck are you and why are you in my house?” I asked the boy by my door.

“Do we really have to go over this all over again?” He asked me, while looking at his nail beds.

“Go over what?” I asked. Then I realized who this boy was. Jasper, the one from my dream, the one whose supposed to be haunting this house. Or as he said, the whole town. I mentally rolled my eyes, if he’s the supposed ghost, he’s not doing a very good job at scaring people.

“Hey! I hear that. And for your information, I’m doing a fantastic job at haunting the town. Better than you would do.” He said in a ‘matter-of-fact’ tone. I rolled my eyes again.

Convinced he was just someone from town playing a joke on me I said, “Yeah whatever. Just get out my house. Or I’ll call the cops.”

“There’s no need for that Carly. Remember, I’m a ghost?” He said, never denying the fact that he’s a ‘ghost’.

“There are no such thing as ghosts. Now if you don’t mind, get out of my house. I’m getting ready for someone very important to come over.” I told Jasper.

“What do I have to do to make you believe?” He asked himself. “Ahh, I know. Come with me.” He walked out my room and down the hall.

I shook my head and stayed in my room. “Do I really have to make you come along?” He asked from the hall. I sighed, might as well humor him. I followed him and went in the living room.

“Okay, what are we doing in here?” I asked. It was pretty much empty. We put most of our living room furniture downstairs. We weren’t going to start buying furniture till Dad came home for sure.

Jasper shooed me away. I stepped a few feet back, and to my surprise the attic steps suddenly appeared in front of my face. My jaw sprung open as I stared at the steps. I shook my head and closed my mouth. “If this is how your going to convince me that you’re a ghost, your going to have to do better. Anyone could do that.”

“Sure.” Jasper muttered and walked up the steps. I didn’t trust those steps. Most of all I didn’t trust him. I thought I checked the door before I came upstairs. I shook my head again. My thoughts were all over the place. And my face was starting to burn. I looked at the clock on my phone. I still have eight more minutes to take this darn thing off. I sighed and followed Jasper up the short stairs.

I walked to the corner where Jasper was. “There. In that box.”

“Yeah, there’s a box. What about it?” I asked.

Jasper sighed, “There’s something in there that’ll make you believe that I am what I say I am.”

“Yeah, a ghost.” I muttered. I opened the box and pushed around some old pictures.

“There, that one.” Jasper said from the spot he stayed in. I took the picture out and looked at it. It was just a family portrait. There was a girl, a old woman, and two men. One of the men of course was Jasper. He looked exactly like he did today standing before me.

“Okay, this isn’t evidence that you’re a ghost. This could have been taken recently.”

“Look on the back,” He commanded. I did as he told and looked on the back of the old timed photo. 1942, the back read. This still tells no proof. I shook my head and threw the picture back in the box.

“I don’t have time for this. When you find more ‘proof’, call me.” I left Jasper and went down the attic stairs, leaving him to put them back up.

“You’ll see soon Carly Miller. Just you wait.” I turned around to see Jasper gone and the attic stairs attached to the ceiling again.

I groaned and turned back around, ready to go in my room and wash off my face mask. Until I heard the door bell ring. My eyes grew wide. Shit, I’m still wearing my kitty pajama shirt and I have a green face mask on and my hair looks like shit. The door bell rang again and Nate knocked on the door. I groaned again and rushed down the stairs.

I opened the door and saw Nate in old leather jacket, a white v-neck shirt, and black skinny jeans. Jesus, he looked hot. I could feel my face burning under my mask.

“Nice face.” He smiled and stepped in the house. I could barely even move my face.

“I’m going to wash this off.” I muttered, barely over a whisper.

Nathan grabbed my hand, “Don’t you dare leave me down here alone.” I rolled my eyes and guided him up the steps and to my room. I left him by my bed while I went in my bathroom and washed off my face. As soon as all the mask was washed off I looked in the mirror and my face was blotchy and red. Crap, I left it on to long.

I sighed, I guess this will have to do. I walked out the bathroom, forgetting I still had the kitten shirt on.

“I love kitties?” Nate asked. I looked down at my old pajama shirt I got when I was in middle school. My face was probably redder than it was before by now.

“Uhh… One more second.” I mumbled and went in my closet. I quickly put on a black tank top and came out.

“So what do you want to do?” Nathan asked, laying on my bed.

“Um, Ian said you were only staying over for a while.” I said.

Nathan nodded, “Yeah, I’m surprised you didn’t kill yourself. You seem to be a bit clumsy.”

“Thanks…” I whispered. I slowly walked to my bed and sat down next to Nate.

“I meant that in a cute way.” He said to me. I blushed again and leaned back next to him. “So since you’re the clumsy type, I’m going to stay here. You know, at lease till Ian comes back. To make sure you don’t die or anything.”

“Right.” I said with a smirk on my face.

“Yeah, we can like have a sleepover.” He said in that girly voice he does time to time.

“You are way to good at that.” He laughed and took the remote from the nightstand next to him.

“We’re going to watch ‘The Little Mermaid’.” He announced. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

I leaned my head on Nathan’s shoulder and looked up at him. “You know Nate, your pretty amazing.”

He looked down at me and smiled back, “And your so much more than that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry it took so long. My dad was in the hospital and I was like super busy. The next chapter I'm working on is Pregnant At 16. If you want to check out that story its almost over, so go on my profile and take a look. Thanks for reading(:
-CandiceDanielle