‹ Prequel: The Darkness Within
Status: Working on chapters!

Calling Me as You Fade to Black

One: Hogwarts is Calling

The sound of my high heels hit the stone flooring at Hogwarts as I headed to see Headmistress McGonagall. My life was pretty good at nineteen. Kingsley appointed Harry and me to Aurors when we graduated from Hogwarts. In the past two years I hadn’t forgotten Draco or Snape. I actually inherited Snapes cottage at Spinners end. I still wore the Emerald engagement ring in hopes of maybe seeing him again.

Ginny reminded me a lot of the fact that it had been two years. If he wanted to come back he would have by now. My common sense knew she was right but my heart didn’t want to believe her.

I stood outside of the entrance to the headmasters office waiting for harry to join me. We were offered to both be the teachers for Defense against the Dark Arts. When I saw Harry turn the corner I felt myself smile. Of course we had seen each other but the last time we saw each other was when we were assigned to catch ALL the death eaters and put them in Azkaban.

Harry exclaimed,” Locklyn! Wow you look great!”
I smiled,” Thanks. So do you.”

He embraced me in a hug and said,” Shall we go meet with McGonagall?”
I nodded,” lets.”

McGonagall added,” I would also like you two to become the head of the houses. Locklyn, Slughorn is retiring for good next year so I want to take his spot this year so you can get the hang of it. Harry, I would like you to be the head of Gryffindor and take my place.”

Harry asked,” You’re still going to be headmistress right?”

She nodded,” Any questions?”
We both shook our heads.

She smiled and readjusted her glasses,” Well the school year is starting next week so I will see both of you next week.”

~Harry’s POV~

I noticed that she was still wearing that stupid engagement ring from Malfoy. I don’t understand why. She could have been in heaps of trouble at the battle two years ago and he was a coward and left her! I would have never done that to her.

When she crossed her legs I caught myself staring at her. She was pretty when I went to school with her but she had definitely grown up. I was definitely glad I was getting to spend more time with her over the next couple years. I swear to god if Malfoy came back, he’d be in
for it.

As for Ginny and I, we weren’t together. She was busy with Holyhead Harpies and I was busy with being an Auror. She told me that if I was still single and wanted to be with her after holy head harpies that we would get together.

We both walked out of the office together and I asked,” Would you like to go get some butter beer?”
She seemed to hesitate and then she agreed.

~Locklyn’s POV~

We sat down at the three broomsticks drinking butter beer. Harry asked,” how have you been?”

I shrugged,” Good I guess.”

Lately I had been having dreams about Draco but then again I’ve had them since he disappeared. I hadn’t told anyone about them since everyone insists on me moving on or saying maybe it’s a sign you shouldn’t be with him.

Even his family was gone. When we had to search for death eaters, Lucius Malfoy was on the list of people to capture. I went to the manor and it was completely deserted. I knew that he wasn’t dead because fellow death eaters knew he wasn’t dead.

Harry exclaimed,” So Ron finally proposed to Hermione.”

I laughed,” Finally! I still remember their make out session in the middle of a battle.”
He laughed at the old memory.

I added,” it’s pretty cool that for the second time of working together we actually get to see each other!”

He agreed,” It really is! But there always is a catch! Remember Gryffindors and Slytherins are enemies!”

I laughed,” Well we weren’t enemies in school so we may change Hogwarts one house at a time!”

He laughed and stood up,” Well I must get going. I’ll see you next week Locklyn.”
I gave him a small hug and watched him leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the first chapter is kinda boring but it will get better i promise! Comment and suscribe!

Locklyns outfit (with the heels)