‹ Prequel: The Darkness Within
Status: Working on chapters!

Calling Me as You Fade to Black

Two: Maybe it's Time to Face the Truth

I sat by the window in a big black leather chair at my inherited house. I rubbed my eyes after I set down a dark arts book. I stretched a little and I must have dozed off.

I was back in the room of requirement while it was on fire. I could hear someone screaming,” LOCKLYN! Help me!”

I found myself running through a maze of fire and bookcases. My breathing becomes heavier as I run through the smoke. Every time I would hit a dead end the screaming for me would get louder.

I got to the edge of the fire and I saw Draco on the floor of the bathroom bleeding from the Sectumsempra spell. I tried to run to him but I hit a glass wall, preventing me from stopping the bleeding. I began pounding on the glass yelling,” Draco Hold on!”

As soon as I saw his chest stop moving up and down the glass finally broke. As the glass hit the floor I awoke from my slumber. I gasped as I looked around my scenery and saw that I was no longer in the room of requirement or the bathroom on the seventh floor, I was back in the sitting room. I jumped a little when I heard a hard knock at the door.

I moved my book from my lap to the bookcase as I walked to the front door. It was thunder storming and dark outside. Who could be visiting?

When I opened the door a flash of lightning blinded me for a second. I strained my eyes and saw someone with their hood up. In my mind, I began to freak out. Oh god. But then it reminded me of when I was introduced to Lucius. ” I’m Lord Voldemorts daughter…”

I felt a hand on my arm and I looked up to see Ron Weasley. I blinked a few times in silence. I asked,” What was the point of the death eater hood?”

He laughed,” You know it is raining, right?”

I shook my head at him,” Well what are you here for?”
He explained,” Well we hit a lead on where the Malfoy’s might be.”

He took notice of my eyes brightening. He didn’t smile,” And we checked it out. They weren’t there and it looked like no one had been there for years.”

I sighed,” I don’t get how they just disappeared. It’s been almost three years; don’t you think they would give up hiding?”

Ron shrugged,” it’s really annoying. If I ever see Malfoy again I might just punch him in the face for this.”
I chuckled at his statement, thinking that I might punch him to.

I motioned for Ron to come and sit down in the sitting room. I saw his eyes flash to my ring and I suddenly felt self conscious. I fidgeted in the black leather chair. He asked,” Do you mind if I ask you why you still wear that?”

I looked at him,” No I don’t mind. I don’t know. It’s just a memory I don’t want to get rid of.”

Ron stated,” You realize there is a high chance he is probably already dead, right? If you keep holding on, it’s just going to drive you to insanity. Maybe you should work on moving on.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think!! :)

Locklyn's outfit at Spinners End