‹ Prequel: The Darkness Within
Status: Working on chapters!

Calling Me as You Fade to Black

Thirteen: They Must Have Known

I asked,” What do you mean by that Draco?”

He looked like he was now irritated that he gave away a new piece of information. He whispered once again,” Okay don’t get mad. But we saw you searching for us a couple of times…”

I turned back around from my dresser and could feel my temper rising,” What!? You saw me and still didn’t say anything or come out of hiding?”

Draco looked like he was in pain as he said,” you don’t understand, I wasn’t ALLOWED to come out of hiding. I stopped my fat… I mean him from attacking you and Weaselby.”

I almost let his almost slip slide by me but then I heard what he said. I put two and two together and then I could feel myself getting dizzy. Oh my god. Lucius. He was the reason the last few death eaters were hard to find.

I could feel my legs buckling underneath me and Draco’s hands on my waist keeping me standing. I closed my eyes and then opened them suddenly feeling a lot darker than usual. I demanded darkly,” Where is he?”

He shook his head.

I yelled,” Where is Luc…!”

Draco placed his hand over my mouth. He shook his head again. With his other hand he used his wand to bring over a piece of parchment paper and quill. He quickly scribbled; don’t say his name because he will invade your mind just like mine. There is so much you don’t know but I cannot be the one to tell you. You have to find out on your own.

I grabbed my suitcase as fast as I could. Draco scrambled to follow me out to the Grand Staircase. Draco panted,” Locklyn do you even realize how dangerous this is?”

I grinded my teeth together and stated,” I’m aware Draco. I’m an Auror and have been for two years. I’ve been in plenty of dangerous situations. I’m pretty sure I can handle another one.”

He groaned at me not giving up on this. He followed me all the way to the front gate. I kissed him on the cheek and said,” I will see you at Ron and Hermione’s wedding. I could honestly care less if you don’t want to go but you kind of owe me so you’re my date for that.”

He rolled his eyes and then nodded. I was walking out the gates and he grabbed my wrist. My eyes pierced into his gray eyes. He stated,” be careful. Don’t let your guard down once and always keep your mind closed.”

I wanted to laugh and say well thanks to you and Harry, you can definitely count on me hardly ever letting my guard down, but I didn’t. I nodded,” okay.”

The next day I stepped down the Leaky Cauldrons stairs to an awaiting Ron. My hair was in a ponytail with a gold bow around my ponytail. I was wearing a blue button up shirt with black jeans and tan lace up boots. I slung my leather bag over my shoulder as I sat down at one of the corner tables, away from the other customers.

I arched an eyebrow and asked,” Still no idea where L Malfoy is?”

He shook his head; disappointed,” Do you have any new information from Malfoy?”

I leaned back in my chair and put my boot covered feet on the table. I crossed my arms,” Kind of, but not a lot. He’s very careful about not letting things slip. He seems terrified of whatever he can’t tell me though.”

Ron puffed out a breath,” Dang. I really want to know what’s terrifying that little monkey brain.”

I laughed out loud,” That’s a new nickname for him. I think I’ll write that one down.”

Ron laughed along with me. It was nice to just have a laugh once and a while with a close friend, especially during stressful times. Ron happened to mention how that he felt like he was searching for horcruxes all over again and that things were starting to feel different
again.

I added,” but monkey Brains let one thing kind of slip. It has to do with L Malfoy. He for sure knows we’ve been searching for him.”

Ron nodded,” Well good! I hope that git is shaking in his long blonde hair.”

I chuckled,” Well we should probably search Knock turn Alley today.”

He agreed and we headed towards the creepy alley. As soon as we stepped into the alley a flash of green light shot at us. We both jumped out of the way knowing that the green light was a killing curse.

I shouted, “Stupefy!”

Ron yelled, “Sectumsempra!”

I rolled out of the way of another killing curse. Ron shouted over to me,” They must have known we were coming!”

I growled and stood up shooting curses at any death eater I could. Finally I spotted long blonde hair flowing from one of the hoods. Bingo. I found you Lucius.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY! well its been an extremely long time.. I'm sorry haha. Turns out i had a chapter already typed and waiting. a lot have things have changed. I'm now halfway done with my junior year and first year of cosmetology school. Anyways you can thank bublbabie for reminding me to keep going with this story. I think the end of Harry potter probably put me in a depressed mood and it made me not write it? I don't know. Well i dont have any outfits because its been so long i probably deleted them. sorry. Hope you like the new chapter.!