‹ Prequel: The Darkness Within
Status: Working on chapters!

Calling Me as You Fade to Black

Twelve: Guards up? Check.

~Locklyn’s POV~
We froze when we heard Ginny on the other side of the door. I quickly tightened my pony tail and fixed my skirt. I took off my heels as I ran for the storage room.

I heard Harry let Ginny into the DADA room. It was quiet for a few minutes and then Harry asked,” What did you want to talk to me about Ginny?”

Ginny sighed,” I know we broke up because I wasn’t ready for a relationship and I wanted to focus on my Quidditch career. But Harry, I miss you and I’m pretty sure I’m ready for commitment like you are.”

I held my breath as I waited for Harry to answer. I’m pretty sure I wanted to know his answer just as much as Ginny. If he decided on being with her than what was all our kissing about?

Harry didn’t answer right off the bat. He replied,” Ginny…”

Ginny interrupted,” I know, things are different but Harry you can’t deny what we had and what we could possibly still have.”

Harry answered,” I know Ginny. What made you change your mind on being committed to me?”

Ginny replied,” I’m not sure but what I am sure about is how much I miss and love you.”
Harry muttered,” I’ve always loved you.”

I nodded to myself. All the kissing was shit and he was just taking advantage of me being hurt and confused. God, maybe he really did belong in Slytherin. He had their tactics.

When I heard no more sounds coming from the room I opened the door and headed to my room. I put my hand on the door knob of my room and turned to my left and saw Draco exiting his room. I questioned,” Draco, can we talk?”

Draco looked over at me and nodded.

I stated,” Meet me at the viaduct in ten minutes.”

I went into my bathroom and swished some mouthwash, now disgusted with myself. I
couldn’t believe I left my guard down like that and was walked on. I felt a tear drop off my cheek. I let down my hair and pointed my wand at my hair to curl it.

I changed out of my professional clothes and put on a tank top and black long leggings with a grayish brown jacket. As I was about to walk out my ring caught my eye. I bit my lip and then ran over to it and put it in my jacket pocket.

~Draco’s POV~

I knew Locklyn didn’t believe me that I was getting desperate and I just wanted to see her. When I saw her it just caught me off guard when she was dancing with Potter without my ring. I wish I could have come back a lot earlier but I couldn’t.

I felt exactly like I did when I was supposed to let death eaters into the castle. I had a lot on my shoulders and I had to keep my mind closed. One slip up and Locklyn could be targeted and killed. I still loved Locklyn and I still wanted her as my fiancé. But it could take a lot for her to give me another chance.

I leaned against the stones on the Viaduct waiting for Locklyn. I knew she would want answers and it killed me to not give her more details. But really I was protecting her whether she knew it or not.

I recognized the perfume in the air as I saw that Locklyn leaned up against the opposite stone. I looked over my shoulder and saw her but I wasn’t sure if I was ready to really face her. I ran my fingers through my hair and turned to her.

She didn’t look me in the eyes and I wanted her to badly. I wanted to be the same Draco she knew years ago. Why did I leave her side and go to my parents?

I swallowed,” Your hair looks nice.”

She hesitated,” Thanks.”

I mumbled,” Locklyn, I’m sorry I really am. For the rest of my sinned life I will be so sorry.”

She asked,” Do you remember our first year here?”

I leaned next to her and said,” Yea, of course.”

She chuckled,” How you told Snape that you’d protect me at school.”

I answered,” I didn’t know he was the potions teacher so I told him that I would make sure
no one would make fun of you.”

She added,” If I remember correctly, you were the first one to make fun of me.”

I laughed,” you forced me to apologize by calling all the snakes around the owlery to chase my up a tree.”

I looked at her and saw her blue eyes were swimming in tears.

I whispered,” Locklyn…”

She interrupted,” I just want to know why. Did you not want me and you saw that as a way out? Were you forced to? I want to know.”

I shook my head,” I still want you Locklyn. I can’t tell you everything because I’m always being watched. I’m not even supposed to be around you but once I was allowed out, I knew I had to be around you.”

She looked away from me as if she wanted to believe me but she was telling herself not to. I added,” I know you think that my story is complete troll shit but it’s all I can say until things start changing.”

She asked,” What do you mean by changing?”

I groaned,” I can’t say… It’s like sixth year how I wasn’t allowed to tell anyone.”

She stated,” So you’re here to kill someone?”
I shook my head,” No.”

She begged,” Just tell me Draco, please. You’re closing your mind and it bothers me.”

I said,” I’m closing my mind because I don’t want him to know that I’m here with you and not doing what I’m supposed to do. So If I open my mind to you or tell you he will know. Please Locklyn just believe me.”

She pulled out the Emerald ring from her jacket pocket and proclaimed,” Draco, I want to but do you even know what those two years were like? Looking for you and not being able to find you. Thinking you were dead and having to deal with the pain of losing you and Snape. How do I know you’re not going to do it again?”

I stood in front of her and looked her in the eyes and promised,” Because I won’t. I’m going to stick by you no matter what the outcome is. I love you and I know leaving was a huge mistake. I’m not going to let you go through that all over again.”

I took the ring from her and got down on one knee all over again. Her sad eyes met mine as I proposed,” Locklyn Riddle, I know I’ve hurt you more than anyone has ever hurt you. I left you in a time I shouldn’t have. You needed me and I wasn’t there. But today I am promising you that I will never leave you when you need me. When the time is right, I promise to tell you everything about what happened when I was gone. When things go bad I will do my very best to protect you without you having to chase me up trees.”

She chuckled which caused a few tears to fall from her pretty eyes.

I continued,” I’m aware we will definitely have to work on trust again but I love you more than anyone. I still want to marry you and give you everything you can ever dream of. I’m not expecting you to say yes right away but I would really like for you to start wearing it again. So please Locklyn, marry me?”

She hesitated,” I’ll wear it Draco but I’m not going to say yes right now. We need to learn to trust each other again.”
I smiled,” That’s fine with me.”

Beginning of Christmas Break:

~Locklyn’s POV~

So what did I do that I told myself I wouldn’t? I half way forgave Draco Malfoy. In the past two
years I have now learned you can’t drop your guard with even the closest people to you. So my guard with Draco practically started all the way built to the ceiling.

Harry had completely gotten together with Ginny. He did apologize though.

~A week earlier~

Class had just ended and I picked up my bag to head to my room and he said,” Locklyn wait.”

I turned around and he stated,” I see your wearing the ring again.”

I nodded,” it’s not like it’s on my wedding finger. It’s on my right hand.”

He apologized,” Look I’m sorry that I led you on. I wasn’t expecting her to show up at all.”

I shrugged,” no big deal I guess. It’s not like I can be mad at you because we teach a class together.”

He asked,” Why are you rushing out of the class then?”

I stated,” Well I have to make sure I have everything ready to go searching for clues on the Malfoy case with Ron.”

He nodded and then asked,” Are you going to Ron and Hermione’s wedding on New Year’s?”

I nodded and then walked out.


Draco helped me with my luggage. He asked,” So what are you doing over break?”

I paused and I didn’t want to say anything out loud so I just opened my mind for him to read through Occlumency. His face turned from neutral to horror. He shook his head,” No don’t do that. If you get hurt I’ll never forgive myself.”

I tilted my head,” Why would I get hurt?”

He bit his lip and then whispered,” Because I won’t be there to stop them from hurting you.”
I looked at him; confused by his statement. Well duh, of course he wouldn't be able to come but I didn't get hurt the last time I went searching so what made this time different?
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys aren't disappointed that she kinda forgave Draco. They are soul mates and this is the story about them. But i promise some drama! Comment and suscribe!

Locklyn's outfit on the Viaduct
Locklyns hair on viaduct (also this is new pic of her on the summary page)