On Thin Lines

Awake

Once I opened my eyes, I felt sudden pain all over my body making me groan. "She's awake." I heard a female voice speak and I heard shuffling of feet getting closer to me.

"Diane?" I was still trying to adjust to the sudden light. "Diane, God why'd you do this?" his voice was cracked.

On the other side, I saw a girl standing above me with red puffy eyes and then a doctor came into the room and rushed towards me. "Mrs. Gosling, how do you feel right now?" he asked as he used on of those small torches and opened my eye which resulted in me groaning. He stood up and did something with the IV drip, I didn't care.

I felt someone's hands over mine; it was the guy that asked me the question. They were so warm and comfortable but I quickly pulled away and tried to turn my head the other direction ignoring the pain. I looked up at the doctor, "How long have I been out?"

"You've been out for two months, you were in a coma and it is a miracle that you made it. Normally, one that suffered from the type of injures you had would have dies on the spot.

"Is she going to be alright?" the man spoke again. What is with him and all these questions? What's his business with me?

"She has amnesia but we can hope for it to be temporary an-" he was cut off by the nosy man.

"What the fuck are you saying, my wife wouldn't know who I am?" he yelled and my eyes widened a bit. Wife?

The doctor tried to say something but a woman spoke up and I noticed that there were two other people in the room, "Ryan, I think it's best you shut up. This is your fault after all." His fault? I looked up at my supposed to be husband and he looked horrified.

"What did you do to me?" I asked and he shook his head and knelt down beside me.

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean any of it." I saw tears fall from his eyes.

I looked back at the couple for help and the man walked up to me and he obviously had shock written all over his face, "Sweetheart, how are you feeling?" he asked as he held my hand.

"Dad?" I asked when I felt the comfort of his hand on mine.

He smiled, "You remember me?"

I frowned and slowly shook my head, "Lucky guess." I also felt very bad, I didn't know anyone in this room nor did I know how I got to be here. And from the look of things, it is this man's fault that I ended up here. Did he try to kill me. I looked at the man called Ryan from before, "Did you try to kill me?"

His eyes grew wide with shock, "I would never do that to you. Never-"

"Well, it is your fault she's here. So you might as well just admit you were the one who tried to kill her." It was the first woman I saw that spoke. She seemed really angry. Perhaps, she is my sister.

Ryan ignored her and brought my knuckles to his lips. "Baby, how are you feeling?"

The doctor who had just been standing there the whole time finally spoke up, "I think you should give her some time to rest. She needs it."

"I'll stay with her." I heard Ryan said and my dad spoke up.

"I will have none of that, I don't want you anywhere near her let alone be left alone with her." he said angrily.

What did this guy do to me? I'm really curious now.

Ryan looked up at my father, "What do you mean? I'm her husba-"

The doctor raised his hands up, "This argument isn't helping her recovery. I suggest you take this elsewhere and let her rest and she doesn't need any of you here. We have nurses that will be checking up on her from time to time."

"So when next are we allowed to see her?" Ryan asked as he held my hand and used his thumb to rub my knuckles.

"Well, from tomorrow by noon, she'll be able to receive visitors but you all can't come together." the doctor said as he changed my IV drip.

"Oh, I'll come see her then." Ryan said eagerly as he stood up still holding my hand.

My dad cleared his throat, "I don't think so because you're getting a divorce after this."

"I'm her husband." Ryan yelled.

"Not anymore." my dad responded casually.

The doctor looked pissed by the lines forming on his forehead, "Do you need me to call security?"

"Hey..." I managed to squeak and the whole room went dead silent. Everyone's eyes were on me.

"Baby." My mum said as she walked towards me pushing the doctor aside. "I'm so glad to hear your voice."

"What happened?" I asked looking at Ryan who stared at me the whole time.

My mum looked at everyone before looking at me, "You know what honey, the doctor said you need to rest. We'll come see you tomorrow, okay?"

I nodded and she kissed my forehead dragging my dad out of the room, the other girl in the room walked towards me and gave me a smile before leaving. I was left with Ryan and the doctor who seemed to be glaring at him.

He crouched down and brushed my hair backwards, "Hey honey." he whispered. "I'll be here to see you tomorrow, okay." He kissed my forehead and smiled. "I love you." He let go of my hand which suddenly felt cold then left the room.

"Finally." I heard the doctor mutter thinking I couldn't hear him. He looked at me and smiled, "Quite a family you've got there, I know it's going to take some time to remember anything but hopefully you will." he smiled. "Get some rest." he said leaving the room.

Hopefully?

I sighed inwardly and closed my eyes.

What happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the lateness of this update.

Hope you like it. :D
Plz comment and tell me what you think.

And also answer who is your bromance coiuple? in my journal here