She Can't Do It Alone

Ideas Come and Go

I watched David Rossi as he continued to talk about this new case. He kept giving me looks, like at times he had only been talking to me, and no one else could hear it, or should have heard it. He seemed to think I could help a lot with this case, and he may have been right.

"Marks found on the bodies, strange marks. We had no reason to believe these two killings were the same until we found both of the victims tied together. One, strange markings on the neck. And the other had.. well burns. Cuts on the arms. And a sign carved onto her head." He spoke.

JJ looked at him, and then the photos he held up. "Have all these victims been female?"

Rossi shook his head. "Three males have been found with the same mark."

"We can rule a sex offender out, right?" Ashley asked, watching Aaron.

Spencer shook his head and spoke with a quick breath, "Not exactly. I believe we've had a case before were a male raped several woman and men before he no longer needed their use and killed them."

"He may be doing this out of pleasure, or it may be a religion thing." I suggested.

Emily nodded. "Or possibly he is being controlled?"

"Most likely not. I mean, this guy seemed to have no regrets the way he is throwing the bodies around. If he were being controlled, you'd think the work would be messy under pressure." I pointed out.

"Everything is too clean.. But what about the burns? Was it meant, or was it for--" JJ started but Garcia walked into the small group we were taking up.

"Uh, I am so sorry for interrupting but there is a family that wants to speak to you." She looked over at Hotch, waiting on an answer like the awkward person she was.

He nodded and walked up to his office. We all looked around at each other, and then at Garcia as she walked away, but Derek stopped her. "Baby girl.."

She turned and looked up into his face. "Yes?"

"What's this call about?"

"Uh, I-I'm not supposed to g-give out that bit of information, Morgan.." She stuttered and pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

Ashley and I gave each other a look as she walked off. "Can I see those photos?" I asked Rossi. He nodded, handing them to me. I took a close look on the marks on the females neck, and the burns and weird markings on the other female. Studying, I noticed something. "Spencer.. I don't think this was done by any tool.." I said.

He walked over and looked over my shoulder, looking closely at the markings as well. "What do you mean?"

"The holes are far enough apart to be a bite..' I pointed out.

Rossi took the photos from me and looked at them himself. "You mean a human did this.. which his teeth?"

"Or is trying to pull off a vampire stunt. But there are people out there whom have sharp canine teeth and believe to be vampires. It's very possible there is one right here." I said.

"I had that thought, but I didn't want to believe it.." David muttered.

At that time, Hotch walked out of his office and back over to us. We all gave him a look of question as he sat back down in his chair and sighed, the frown was back. "Alright, where were we?" He asked, not looking at either one of us.

"Hotchner, what was all that about?" Derek asked.

Aaron only shook his head before Rossi sighed and put down the pictures. "Alright, Derek and Emily. You two come with me. We're going to talk to a family of one of the ladies that were murdered. Hotchner, I think you should go talk to this other family with JJ. Spencer and Vega, search more on these pictures and notes. See what else you can find."

"Yes, sir." I looked over at Ashley whom looked uncomfortable. "And Ashley, sir?" I asked.

Rossi and Hotchner both looked up at her. "She's free to do whatever she wants. Stay here or come with one of us. But she must be careful." Rossi walked off with Derek and Emily right on his tail.

As Ashley followed the other two, Spencer looked over at me and raised his eyebrows. "So you believe this is a person whom believes he's a vampire?" He asked.

"Or a she. It's possible that the un sub is a she, and she's possibly just has more satisfaction off of female's. Maybe it's a cult thing. There are several different kinds, you know." I stated.

"You know a lot about vampires." His face was filled with enjoyment, trying to figure me out.

I nodded and sat down at his desk. "Ever since I was younger, I have been.. obsessed with vampires, werewolves, monsters. I've read everything I could find on them and murder cases. I think I started this about six or seven and still read everything I can find to this day. It's a passion, I guess. I like to know the different cults, and how certain people view witches." I shrugged and pulled up a site on his computer. I looked through it to find something I was searching for.

Spencer looked over my shoulder, trying to figure out what I was doing. After ten minutes, I found it. The different "vampyre" clubs of town. I wanted to search there first. "Clubs?" He asked.

"I think going under cover into a club would be a good thing. See how they act, ask a few questions. See if they really believe in drinking blood or not. I know we wouldn't be able to talk to everybody, but it's worth a try." I pointed out.

Spencer chuckled and kissed my cheek. "I love you, but I will not dress as a vampire."

"Never said you had to. I think a female would be best to just randomly show up. Maybe she wouldn't get suspected."

"But she may be taken advantage of." He said.

"True. I'll have Ashley." I smiled up at him. Now, I needed to go find costumes for both Ashley and I.