Status: I'm tryin' guys. Fo' sho'.

Hey Stranger, I Want You to Catch Me Like a Cold

The Perfect Mother-Daughter Duo

I woke up New Years’ Eve to Draco tracing circles around a tiny mole on the shoulder.

“Having fun?” I asked with a yawn.

“Morning, love.” He kissed me on the lips.

“Good morning. I see you like my mole. I have one on my boob, too. See?” I pulled my top down a little bit to show Draco the tiny brown dot. “I use it to judge the low cut-ness of my shirts. If this shows, it’s a tad bit trashy.”

Draco looked amused. “What is really trashy?”

I rolled my eyes. “My nipple, obviously.”

Draco groaned, and looked at my chest again. “You have to show me that one too.”

I laughed and threw one of his pillows at him. “All in time, little one.”

He chuckled with me, and continued tracing my arm.

“Can I ask you a question?”

“Sure,” I replied.

“How long ago did you figure out about it? You know, the Death Eater thing.”

“Oh, ages ago,” I replied, while turning to face him.

“Why didn’t you tell anyone about it? You parents are Aurors; you’re friends with the best bloody Gryffindors in the school.”

“Because, silly,” I poked his nose. “I like to keep your business and the rest of my life separate. Like church and state.” I started laughing at my joke, while the look on Draco’s face said that he obviously didn’t get my reference.

I was so funny, all of the time, and there was no one to appreciate my genius. Sigh.

Draco kissed me back on the nose. “And this is why I love you.”

Jeesh, why was he so liberal with the ‘I love yous’?

“Yeah, yeah. What’s on the agenda for today, Mr. Malfoy?”

He grimaced. “Don’t call me that. Sounds too much like my father.”

“Deal. Where is he, by the way? Isn’t he home?”

Draco froze, and gave me a shocked look. I rolled my eyes. “You have to start realizing that there’s not a lot that I’m not aware of, babe,” I told him.

“Erm, he was hiding. From you, you know. We weren’t aware that you knew of his, er, return.”

I nodded. “Well I am. So when do I get to meet Papa Malfoy?”

“Eventually,” he sighed.

“Fair enough. So what are we doing today?”

“Mother’s probably going insane trying to get everything ready for the Event, we should try to stay out of her way as much as possible, unless you want to be dragged into party planning.”

I sat up, snorting, and got up from his bed, heading for the bathroom. “No thanks. Now, I am going to get dressed and then you are going to feed me.”

“Can I help?” he asked seductively, getting up and trying to follow me from the bathroom to my guest room.

“Feeding me? Yes. I want waffles on the double. Chop chop.”

“I’ll wait here,” he said jumping on my bed and getting comfortable, “and we can go down together.”

“Fine,” I replied, going through my suitcase for an outfit. I finally decided, and walked towards the bathroom.

“Wait- Where are you going?” Draco demanded.

“Bathroom,” I grinned. Be back in a few.

When I returned from changing and whatnot, I Draco glanced at me and snorted, “Casual Friday?”

“Well I am forced to dress formally tonight, so I’m mourning casual dress for the day.”

“Fair enough,” he stood up and took my hand and pulled me towards the door. “Up for a game of quidditch later?”

And that was that.

Later on, at eight o’clock that night when Draco and I were lounging on his bed (We were really lounging, I swear) Narcissa flew in, dressed to the nines and looking scandalized.

“Silvie! Why haven’t you started getting ready yet?”

“Um,” I looked up from lying on Draco’s chest. “It won't take me that long, I swear.”

“What are you talking about?,” she bustled up and grabbed my arm. “We only have an hour!” and she dragged me into the bathroom. I tried mouthing ‘help me’ to Draco on the way out, but he just smirked and waved at me.

She started stripping my clothes off of me.

“Woah, lady-” I started, alarmed.

“Get in the shower!” she shoved me in, and then threw in some fancy looking soaps. “Don’t come out until you’re sparkling!”

Crazy pureblooded bitches, I swear.

After scrubbing until I sparkled, yes, literally sparkled (it appeared to be the work of magic glittery soap) I stepped out with dripping wet hair, wrapped one of their big white fluffy towels around me, and headed into my guest bedroom, to see Narcissa going through my suitcase.

She held out my dress. Is this what you’re wearing?

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Good. Go tell Draco that it’s black so he can match his suit to your dress.”

“Yes, sir,” I mumbled, turning around and entering Draco’s room, finding him in the exact place I left him.

He whistled as I walked in.

“I am here to tell you that my dress is black,” I recited obediently.

Draco was still observing me in the towel with amusement. “Why black? Doesn’t America celebrate a sparkly New Years’?”

I shrugged. “My mom says that being glittery on New Years’ is tacky, and that the big sparkly ball is supposed to be in Times Square, not your body. A little black dress is the only way to go.”

While Draco probably had no idea what I was talking about, he chuckled anyway. “Okay then. Now, come here, I need to inspect that towel for a second.”

“Sorry,” I said, turning around, “I have to go be tortured by your mother.”

He laughed behind me as I trudged back to my room, this time to find Mrs. Malfoy holding a black thong that was certainly not mine.

“Where did you get that?” I demanded.

“Certainly not your trunk!” she exclaimed, scandalized. “Why don’t you have one? They are a necessary article of clothing!”

Am I really talking about thongs with Draco’s mom?

“I’ve never seen the need for it,” I replied, sitting down on the bed.

“I’ll get you more. Now, here,” she threw it at me, “pull it on.”

Have I ever mentioned how weird it was in this godforsaken country?

“What about my bra?” I asked, pulling the little bit of string that was a thong on.

She waved her hand dismissively. “I’ll just do a breast charm.”

Dafuck?

“Alright, hands up,” she came at me with the dress.

I am standing in a bedroom, completely topless, with my boyfriend’s mom.

Alrighty then.

She pulled the tight dress on me, and with a quick flick of her wrist my boobs were up and perky, no nipples in sight.

I think I have officially seen it all.

“Sit down, quickly,” and she attacked me hair with a brush and her wand. Five minutes later, my face was assaulted with various powders and dyes before she spritzed me with some random perfume, threw me my shoes, and took a step back to admire her work.

“Darling, you’re beautiful,” she gasped as I stood up.

“Pfft,” I snorted. “After an hour of your handiwork, I’m sure anyone would be.”

“No, “ she disagreed and guided be towards the full-length mirror on the other side of the room. “Look.”

I really was gorgeous. My skin was glowing, my lips were shiny and my eyes were dark, but bright at the same time. My hair cascaded past my chest in elegant curls.

“Wait,” I got an idea, and told Narcissa, who waved her wand.

I looked in the mirror again, with my natural blonde hair. It contrasted perfectly with my black dress.

Narcissa sighed, and I looked over to find tears in her eyes. “You could pass as my daughter.”

I laughed. “I’m not basically already?”

And we both embraced and sniffled as mothers and daughters are wont to do.

After we cleaned ourselves up, she ushered me towards Draco’s room. “The guests will be here any minute. I’ll see you two downstairs.” She winked, and left.

I just sighed. Moms, no matter what country and age, are all the same in the end. I grabbed my wand and a little something else, shrunk them, and stuffed them into my cleavage.

It seems as though Narcissa’s breast charm had an undetectable expansion charm on it. Tee hee.

I exited the room that was given to me, entered the hallway, and walked up to Draco’s door. I wanted to be dramatic.

I knocked on the door three times.
♠ ♠ ♠
5/29/13

Also, check out my new story, Shake It Out. Marauders, y'all! (I don't know why I said y'all. I never say y'all.)

Thanks!