Marriage in Ikebukuro

Chapter One Hundred Forty-Seven

The nurse came back to my room, grinning.

"You have another visitor."

I nodded my head, telling her to let them in. She smiled and went out and told them to come in. I grinned widely and widened my eyes as Jiro walked in, carrying a bouquet of flowers and get well balloons.

"Jiro-chan!"

"Hey, I came to see how you're feeling. I heard you had a mild heart attack." He said, setting the balloons down on the floor and handing me the flowers.

I took them and smelled them.

"I also heard about your baby. I'm so sorry."

I shook my head.

"Don't worry about it."

"Do know what caused it?" He asked me.

"That's why they're running tests on me, but they believe it was caused by stress and anxiety."

"Bummer."

Jiro sat on my bed and patted my feet.

"How ya holding up?"

"Fine....I guess. I'm starving. The food here taste like horse shit." I groaned.

Jiro laughed.

"You have to eat something to build up your stamina."

"Ya, well, I rather starve, than to eat their food."

"Well, I'm glad you're doing alright. I was really worried about you. I swear my heart sank when I heard you are in the hospital for an heart attack."

Shizuo started growling as he glared daggers at Jiro.

He smiled nervously and waved his hands in a defensive manner.

"No worries Shizuo. I'm not after her anymore. She's still yours. We can be friends now." He smiled warmly at him.

Shizuo ignored his stare and stayed silent.

"That's a maybe..." I told him.