The Guide On How To Date A Rockstar

Tip #13: do hit on guys around him

"So, you do like him?"
"Yes, Matty, I really do like Brian. yes, I am jealous of Bella. Yes, I hate her guts. And yes, I do like you too. Just...not as much as Bri."
"Well now that that's all settled, you can tell him. I'm sure he'll dump Bella once he knows. I mean, it is kind of obvious he digs you."
"No he doesn't Matty. He's just being Brian."
"You are one hopeless lady, miss Adelaide. Brian is into you, whether you want to admit it or not. What will it take to prove it?"
"An admission from him."
Matty sighs, rubbing a hand over his face. "He's not going to. How about we settle on making him jealous?"
"He won't get jealous because he doesn't like me."

He throws his hands up, storming off to the front of the bus. Obviously this was something that had rubbed off on him from hanging out with us too much. The gesture didn't suit him.

Unable to control my giggles I get up and follow to the front, laughing still.

"Oh come on, Matty. be real."
"I am being real, Adelaide. Don't you see how much he hates you being around me? Didn't you just tell me how he got tense when you mentioned my name? He's positively looney over you!"
"Why? Why am I so special?"

He grabs my face in his hands, forcing me to look up into his face.

"Because you're beautiful. You're funny and you care about him. You don't call him Synyster. You know who he is and you accept that person. That's why he likes you. You're not fake like Bella. You're real and you're tough. You don't take his shit or anyone else's. You can handle yourself."
"Matty, that can't be..."
"Ad, it is" Zacky interrupts, hauling himself up into the bus.

I quickly rip my face free of Matty's hands, turning to see the others loading up as well. I turn back to look at Matty, a smirk on his lips. He presses his lips against my ear, pressing our bodies flush together.

"Stay on the bus with me tonight, love. I won't let you be bored."
"I doubt you'd let her sleep" Jimmy laughs, tossing an empty beer can at us.

I swat it away, missing it by a second as it thumped Matty in the head. Matty just chuckles and laces our fingers, tugging me towards the door.

"Matty, I will have to sleep tonight" I whine loudly, catching Brian and Bella's attention.

Both their heads snap to look at us as Matty tugged me from the bus.

"I'll let you sleep afterwards. Come on, you promised. And I behaved myself so far. No naughty touching."
I felt my cheeks heat up. "Matty..."
"It's not naughty if she lets you" Johnny giggles, taking a seat beside Brian.

Brian reaches over and slugs johnny in the arm, glaring at him.

"Her stuffs on here" Brian cuts in.

I glance at Matty, seeing the 'i told you so' smirk on his face.

"She can wear my stuff to sleep in and we'll get her some clothes tomorrow when we hit the next show" Matty reasons, pulling me into his chest.

I grin and wave to the guys, sending a wink to Zacky. i was sure he knew what was going on.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow."
"If the bus is a rockin', don't come a knockin" Matty calls over his shoulder.

Brian's POV

"So do you think they're doing it?"

I roll my eyes at Jimmy's comment. The guy was always way too into sex. Johnny too. I swear, those two were so much alike.

"Yo, Syn. EARTH TO BRIAN!"

I swat Zack's fingers out of my face, full on glaring at him. Bella, I noticed, was staring at me too.

"What" I growl, not wanting to hear any of their 'you're in love with Adelaide' theories right now.
"You're red and shaking and your hands are in fists. What's got you pissed" Zacky asks.
I run a hand through my shaggy hair, relaxing slightly at remembering how I'd always loved when Addi played with my hair. "Nothing. I'm just tired. I need to relax" I lie.

Gently I slide Bella from my lap when all I really wanted was to sling her out the door and onto the pavement. She wasn't Addi. Bella was fake, and Addi was so much more real than anything else. Sure she dyed her hair a lot, but she was still real. She didn't change for anyone. She didn't take my shit. And she certainly wasn't afraid to put me in my place. I loved that about her. I knew I couldn't deny the guys' accusations much longer, but I could put them off for awhile. But it seemed I wasn't fooling Zacky. He knew me too well to know whether or not I liked a girl. And obviously, in his eyes, I was showing every sign of interest and more for Adelaide. But it was hard not to fall for that girl. She had fun no matter what. She never stayed sad for very long, either. I think she just wasn't meant to ever be sad. That a smile couldn't be off her face for long at all. And I hated it when she smiled for Tuck and not me. All I'd been doing since the beginning of tour was hurt her. She smiled for everyone else, but not for me. It was always forced around me.

"You OK man" Zacky ass, laying a rough hand on my shoulder.
"Yah, man. Look, can I talk to you" I ask quietly, looking up into his concerned green eyes.

he just nods and motions for me to follow him outside. Without thinking I followed him. I knew he knew what was going on, and I knew he'd help me.

Once outside I saw Zacky lighting a cigarette. Quickly I light my own, taking his lead and leaning back against the bus. In the distance I could see Addi and Tuck leaning against Bullet's bus. They were only talking. For now. but that changed when he kissed her and she led him up onto the bus. I tear my eyes away, looking at the pavement by my feet. My chest ached every time I saw them together, but Addi didn't notice. Thankfully. She'd never see me the way she saw Tuck. I'd kill for even a kiss from her. Zacky didn't know how lucky he had been when he had her. I had envied him then, and I still envy him. She's always so comfortable with him. They live together. He gets to see her at her best and worst, and I only get to see her at her good days. That hurt too, but not as much as it did to know I'd never have her. I assumed, years ago, that the infatuation with her would go away. it never did.

"Stop lying to yourself, Gates. You love Ad."
"I don't love her, Zacky. I like her...a hell of a lot...but I don't love her" I defend.
Obviously he could hear the uncertainty in my tone as well as I could. "Yah, right, and Matt's not missing Val like crazy."
I shrug, knowing he was right. "I don't think it's love I'm feeling man. More like this weird urge to rip Tuck's head off every time he gets around her. I hate it when they're together."
"How do you think she feels about you and Bella. But in Ad's case, she would actually follow through on the head ripping off part."
I chuckle, taking a drag off my cigarette. "Yah, she would."
"And that's why you love her. Because she's jealous someone else has you."
"I don't love her, Zack."
"Whatever you say man. Just know that this shit she's pulling with Tuck tonight is all to prove to her you do like her. I know her too well to think she'd go along with Tuck's little words if she wasn't making you squirm."
"In English, Vengeance" i growl.
"She just wants to prove to herself you don't like her. She's as delirious as you are."
"Se doesn't like me. She sees me as her brother."

Zacky reaches over, slamming his fist hard into my arm.

"What the fuck" i yell, glaring at him.
"Stop saying that shit and take the damn fedora from over your eyes. She loves you, you idiot. God you two are going to be the death of me."