The Guide On How To Date A Rockstar

Tip #4: do not agree to truth or dare

A week later I still hadn't found an apartment, and I'd gone house hunting with everyone. Matt even three times. he was just more helpful than anyone else. no one wanted me to move out of the building. Johnny and Zacky were both there, and the others had houses not too far away. I would've rather had an apartment in the building, but then what was the point of moving out on my own? No guy wanted to date me knowing I lived with one of the dynamic duo. And for some reason Zacky always seemed scarier to meet than Brian. I would've moved in with Brian, but I wasn't willing to impose though he'd made the offer before. As had Matt and Jimmy. And dear god I could not deal with living with Jimmy. Wanna talk about a guy who's a pig?

"Just stay here, Ad. I don't mind you living here. it saves us both money and everyone's close. We don't even have to pay for gas to get anywhere."

This had been Zacky's argument for the last few days. He, more than anyone, didn't want me moving. I'd already explained his girlfriend problem, and he swore he'd slow down but I didn't believe him. It wasn't that I was mad about it, but it was gross and annoying.

"Zacky, stop, please. I can't stay here anymore. We both have lives and us living together conflicts. Your girls don't stay because of me or their bitches to me. And I can't get a boyfriend because I live with one of the world's most legendary guitar players. Zack, most guys are freaked out when they hear I live with you. You're half of the dynamic duo. People kill to hear you and Brian play together. It just freaks people out when they get here."
"So living away from me is going to fix that? Addi, listen to me, I need you here. Johnny needs you here. Jimmy and Brian and Matt need you here. It's easier. We know where you are. We know you're safe."
I laugh dryly, punching in the numbers of Brian's cell phone. "Safe? Zack, I'm 23, I don't need a babysitter. Brian and I are gonna look at houses in his area today. I'll still be right here. hopefully I can afford the house beside his."
"Then move in with him! Brian loves you like a sister, Adelaide. Think logically. You don't have the cash to live alone and you won't let us help."
I snap my phone shut and glare at him. "You guys need your cash. i understand you're rich, or somewhat near that, and that you can spend money on whatever, but I don't want your money. I need to grow up and live on my own. Living here is great but we need out own places."

Suddenly Zack laughs and hugs me. Jesus, mood swings much? I shove at his chest but it was like shoving a boulder with a straw. Just not gonna happen.

"Zacky, gosh, are you bi-polar or something?"
"No, I just love you silly. We're fighting about this and we shouldn't. i should support you."
"Good, then let me go with brain to go look for houses."

He pouts and pulls away, rubbing a hand over his messy hair and just looking at me.

"Will you be home for dinner" he asks, sadness leaking heavily into his voice.

Zacky and I always had dinner together. Ever since I moved in that was how it went. Even when he had girlfriends, he always made sure I was there with one of the guys.

"No, Brian and I are getting Chinese later. I'm really sorry Zack. You can always come with us."

he just shakes his head and flops on the couch, staring at the cartoons on TV. Cartoons usually cheered him up, but I guess he was more bummed about me moving than I thought.

"I'll bring you back food and we can munch on it together and watch movies later. I promise. But Brian's found a lot of places we have to check out."

He just nods, his green eyes never looking towards me.

The hollow sound of a fist against wood rings out and I grab my jacket, kissing the top of Zack's head and opening the door.

Brian looks at Zack and at me, confusion on his face.

"Everything OK? You need to stay?"
"No, it's OK. Can we just...go now?"

With a small nod he places his hadn on the small of my back, gently pushing me ahead of him as he took one last look at his friend before closing the door behind us.

Not even five minutes later we were walking towards Brian's house. I was sure neither of us was in the mood to go house hunting right now. I'd somehow really hurt Zacky's feelings by wanting to move. had we really become that close?

"Truth or dare?"

I look over, Brian's voice having cut through my thoughts.

"Come again?"
"Truth or dare" he repeats, just as patiently as before.
"Truth" i answer, looking down at my feet as I walked.
"Are you and Zacky going out again?"
I laugh and look over at him, but his face was completely serious. "No, Bri, we're just friends."
"Then why is he upset?"
"I'm working on that part too" I mumble.
"Truth or dare" he asks again.
"Truth."
"Come on, Beckett. Live a little."
"Fine, dare. It's not like this day can get worse" I grumble.

He sighs, wrapping a strong arm around my waist and kissing my cheek as he pulled me closer to him.

"I dare you to stay another month with Zacky. I'm sure you can handle it. No one wants you to move anyways. We like you there. It's perfect."

I couldn't help but smile. Somehow, when Brian said it, it seemed OK.

"Yah, OK, I accept your dare."