The Guide On How To Date A Rockstar

Tip #6: do not kiss another band's singer

A soft knock on my door made me look to it. But I was too lazy to get up and actually open it. More like I was just upset. And it was obvious to any of my friends I was upset, because it was the only time Zacky-doll came off of my pillow. Back in tenth grade I met Zack, and I had a sewing class. God only knows why. but I made a doll of him and I still have it. It's just cute and it has one of Zacky's shirt sleeves as a shirt. It helps me when I'm sad, because I know Zack's my best friend.

"It's not locked" I mumbles, curling more into my bed.

The sound of the door clicking softly shut and the sudden weight by my back was the only hint anyone had even entered my room. I faintly heard the sound of shoes hitting the carpet and then a pair of strong arms were pulling me up and into an all too familiar lap.

"Hey princess. Broke any hearts" Zacky whispers against my ear.

The only response I could muster was to just snuggle against him and bury my face into his shoulder, clutching Zacky-doll closer to my chest.

Zack gently pries my fingers from the doll, sitting it on his knee.

"You're suffocating him...I mean me. Come on, let's not hurt him, alright? He's an innocent bystander in this."
"I know. I'm sorry, Zacky-doll" I mumble.
"Much better. I almost think he completely forgives you."

Reaching over he tucks the doll back under my covers and back on its pillow. He treats it as well as I do. It's part of Zack's charm.

"Now, what has gotten you so upset, princess? It can't honestly just be Brian trying to kiss you, can it? Because I think we've all tried at least once, though i still hold the right to the only one who succeeded."
I punch his arm playfully, giving him a wavering smile. "It's just...he's Bri, ya know? He's never...what made today so different?"
"He loves you, Ad. You're family to him and you were upset last night. He did anything he could and he said you were still upset. I think you just fucked with his head too much. He's never really seen you cry. At least not a lot."
"That's a pretty shitty reason" I growl.

Tightening his grip Zacky sighs and places a gentle kiss to the side of my head.

"Well fine, on a lighter note Joel and Benji and Billy are coming over for an hour or two. They got some shit to drop off for us, I guess. New clothes they want us to rep most likely."

Yah, that sounded like them. The little peddlers. They're always trying to get us to wear their stuff. Usually it's just me, but I can occasionally talk the guys into wearing it...to sleep in.

"Has anyone told them I'm the only one who wears any of it?"
"One would suppose that after seeing a couple thousand pictures of us and you that we don't wear any of it. But hey, don't shoot their imaginations."

Zack had come and gone several times already, and Brian had finally decided hiding in a house that wasn't his was useless. He'd rejoined the living room world. I, on the other hand, could hide all I wanted to. This was my apartment and my room. I was actually starting to get used to the noise level of the guys on the PS3 when three more voices I instantly recognized were thrown into the mix. And then I had to start with adjusting to that.

Note To Self; when moving out, never invite the GC boys over. no one can keep shut.

"ADDI!! ADELAIDE JINX BECKETT!"

Oh-fucking-great...that would be Billy.

"AAAADDDDIIIIIII! I'm LOOONNEEEELLLYYY" he whines, knocking on my door.
"Go away Dean" I hiss through clenched teeth.
"Oh come ON, Ads. Shads said you were upset. Joel and I just wanna say hey."
"I don't want to be said hey to. Go AWAY Dean!"

My door opens and Billy just shrugs, following Joel in and closing teh door behind him. They are all a bunch of fucking children. Worse than the Avenged boys. I may be younger than Joel and his band, but at least I can grow up.

"I swore I just told you to go away" I snap at Billy.
He just shrugs and grins as if nothing was wrong.

Sometimes I love him to death and he is really cute, but most of the time he just really pisses me off.

"Billy, I really think you should go play games with Benji and Johnny. You know how they cheat" Joel prods.

As if on cue Johnny shrieks and lets out a string of curses. This seemed to be Billy's cue because before we could blink he was up and out the door, ordering everyone around.

"Care to tell me what's wrong" Joel asks, breaking the silence that had settled in my room.
"No, not really" I shrug, laying back on my bed.

Groaning Joel yanks me up and stares at me, giving me the 'shut the fuck up and just spill it' look. I hate that look.

"I'm going on tour with the guys to do merch."
"That's bad how?"
"Brian tried to kiss me when I told him."
"And Shads didn't jump him?"
"I was at Brian's when it happened."
"I think I need the whole story, kiddo."

And he got it. I told him how I wanted to move and how Zacky and I kinda fought and then how Brian tried to kiss me. Basically I got a lot of head nodding from him.

"Get over it."
I stare at him, my face devoid of emotions. "Excuse me?"
"Get over it. move on. Kiss someone. I don't know but stop moping. You're more emo than Billy when one of his fity thousand goldfish die."
"I am not" I defend, unable to help the stupid smile slowly spreading over my face.

Billy was a pet freak. He freaked about the tiniest things. Once I remember his beta had died and I bought a new one to think he still had the old one. he totally knew it was different because 'it didn't respond to its name'. See what we're dealing with here?

"I made you smile. Mission accomplished" Joel grins.
"Yes, mission accomplished."

He musses my hair before standing up, obviously intending to leave.

"Hey Joel" I call, standing up as well.
"Yah, what you ne-"
I lean forward and press my lips to his, cutting him off.

"Addi, listen, I'm really sorry about earlier and I ju-"

The kiss was sweet, innocent, and short. But I wanted nothing more than to take it back. I don't think I've ever seen anything more heartbreaking than the look on Brian's face.