Status: Comment&Subscribe?

You Said Forever, but It Seems Like Never

Welcome Home and Happy Birthday.

We knocked on the front door and shortly after a house elf answered, cowering in the corner letting us in before shutting the door. Looking over my shoulder at the poor creature who was still looking over at us I mouth a Thank You ,giving it a small smile. It seemed to brighten up at that small gesture so I turned my head again looking at what I hadn’t seen in a long while.

I nervously fiddled with a strand of my black and pink hair as we made it to where the gathering was being held. I looked at the banner hanging that said ‘Happy Birthday and Welcome Home.’ Why didn’t they just put Happy Birthday? The whole welcome home one makes me feel awkward. I saw that every Slytherin in my year was attending even Professor Snape. Looking extra hard I finally saw the very familiar head of blond hair that I haven’t seen since I was 12. I wondered if he would notice it was me since I had changed so much. I almost laughed when we entered because the music stopped and everyone looked towards the three of us. All of them were hesitant but they shouted it anyway.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!” They all shouted at once with the exception of the few odd balls shouting welcome home. I smirked as I walked ahead of my parents to Narcissa and Lucius who were like my second parents. I embraced Narcissa squeezing her lightly but she didn’t care. She lent down toward my ear, “We all missed you.” She smiled brushing her fingers through my hair as she looked at the color. She raised her brow with a smirk. “Lovely.” I laughed and turned to smiling at Lucius, he let an awkward looking smile rest on his lips. “Welcome home Braelyn.” I nodded at him before I ran off to find Draco, lightly dancing to the beat. Muggle music and Wizard music is so different. I saw him talking to Blaise, Crabb, Goyle and Parkinson, with his back to me looking for someone who I guessed was me.

I cackled sinisterly as I ran full force jumping on his back. I didn’t worry about him dropping me because I was only about 107 pounds and even though he didn’t seem like it he had some muscles. He tensed immediately as he turned his head towards mine.
“Braelyn!” He exclaimed happily. He quickly turned around as I hopped off of him hugging me till I couldn’t breath but it didn’t matter, I did the same to him. We stayed embraced for a few moments as we talked into each others ear.

“Where were you? School finished then you just disappeared, you don’t even know how worried I was when I hadn’t heard from you until I got notice you were taking care of your grandmother. Then you really don’t know how worried I was because your grandmother died a few years back. I was a total wreck until I caught wind you were coming back. Happy Birthday by the way.” He whispered in my ear so lowly that only I heard. “Don’t worry about it, I’m fine and here now and thanks.”
We let go and stepped away from each other, he was still staring at me while Parkinson was staring at me with envy in her eyes.
“Welcome back, Braelyn” She spat and I rolled my eyes as I so badly wanted to hurt her.

My bones were aching for a fight but I knew at midnight I would sneak out and go to the club. “Watch it bitch.” I calmly warned her as my eyes flickered over the three boys who I hadn’t talked to yet. Draco slipped his arm around my waist, I took notice but didn’t move it because we used to always do this.
“Hey guys.” I smirked at them as they said their hello’s back.
“I haven’t heard you and your cute American accent forever.” Blaise flirted with me but I didn’t flirt back. Draco’s grip tightened as he shot daggers towards him. Merlin! If looks could kill. I let out a strangled laugh, they looked at me strangely but I ignored them.
“You look different, A good different.” I thanked Goyle for the compliment asking them to wait as I got something to drink. It was hotter then hell in here and it was bothering me so I rolled up my sleeves, looking around for something for me to drink nothing appealed to me so I found that same house elf as earlier.
“Excuse me,” I waited for him to turn around. “Can you get me some apple juice, please?” he nodded delightfully, happy someone was finally nice.
“Yes ma’am.” He apparated to the kitchen I assume only to quickly return moments later handing me a cold cup of what I desired.
“Thank you!” I squealed as I took it and went off back to find the others. I was lost for about 5 minutes before I found them again. I zoned in and out of their conversation with only one thing on my mind, Fighting. I couldn’t wait till tonight and I swear I will being shaking from withdraw if I couldn’t tonight. I took a few more sips from my drink before it was taken from my hand for the second time since I had it. I cut my eyes at Draco.
“What? It’s good!” He said defensively as he innocently held his hands up before drinking some.

I tried to make a grab for it but he held it above my head. I scowled and punched him in the arm lightly. His eyes widened in…pain? Before he gave me my cup taking hold of his arm in stead. “Fuck! Did you have to punch me so fucking hard?” He rubbed his arm.
I looked at him incredulously, “I didn’t hit you hard! I barely fucking tapped you!”
“It feels like someone took a medium sized rock and dropped it on my arm from three feet off the ground for Merlins beard!”
“Does not! You’re just being a baby. Sorry, okay?!” I just wanted him to shut up.

Ten minutes later I couldn’t still hear him muttering to himself.
“…barely fucking tapped you!” He mimicked my voice bitterly. “…you’re just being a baby! Then why is it bruising?” He muttered the last part darkly as he glowered at the floor. I walked closer to him putting my hand on him hurt arm, rubbing it.
“Look, I’m sorry. I didn’t know I punched that hard. I didn’t mean to. Do you forgive me?” I murmured softly with an apologetic look.
Truth was I did know I could punch that hard but I expected myself to be a bit rusty albeit I did get in quite a few fights at Juvenile Detention School. He sighed as he forgave me.

The next few hours were spent without Pansy as we all laughed and made jokes. Yes people, Slytherins do laugh and know how to have a good time. We just finished laughing when Professor Snape walked up. He cleared his throat and we all turned to him.
“…Professor?” I questioned in shock, why was he coming up to us?
“Miss Serenity.” He said in a low soft voice as he nodded to me letting the most awkward smile I’ve ever seen in my life fall into place that I almost wanted to look away but I didn’t. That would be rude and I felt flattered because he very rarely smiles unless he’s punishing Harry and his friends, and even then it’s a smirk.
“I’m very sorry but I have to get going like mostly everybody already did,” He nodded in the direction and I saw it was only everyone parents in this small group left, how did I not notice?! I was furiated with myself! What if I had been fighting someone at the club and someone distracted me in the slightest bit and my opponent beat my ass? I turned back towards the Professor, a blush coated my cheeks.

I nodded for him to continue.
“I just thought I’d give you your gift before I left.” He said handing me a box that was neatly wrapped and I gaped.
“You didn’t have to get me anything, go return it or something!” I protested trying to push it back in his hands. I wasn’t expecting anything from anybody, the only thing I wanted right now was to be fighting someone. He chuckled putting it back in my hands for the second time.
“Just say thank you and open it.” He scowled playfully, a smile still playing at his lips.
I laughed, “Thank you.” I grinned as I carefully pulled the top off of the box. I gasped when I saw it. It was a rare potions book that he and I talked about before I left second year where only he and about only 3 other people knew where to get them.
“You remembered?!” I managed to squeak out as I still gaped at the book. Before he could protest I pulled him into a quick hug. “Now you really didn’t have to but thank you.” He patted my back and left. Now I knew what I was going to when I couldn’t fight. I’d create some of the most difficult potions and hand the vial into Professor Snape. I was still excellent in everything as I was when I left.

Soon after everyone left and it was just Draco and I along with our parents.
Before my parents and I left a little around a quarter till twelve (We arrived at 5) Draco pulled me aside to give me a present. I protested like I did with Snape but he wouldn’t stand for it either. “Just open it for me, please?” He was pleading with me so I rolled my eyes and grabbed the medium sized box from him.

I peered at him for a moment before opening it slowly. The only thing I saw was another box. I looked at him and snickered, he looked so smug but held a cheeky smile. I opened that box and all that was there was another… and another and another and another and another! “This better be the last box.” I warned him and he nodded his head. I opened this one and all that was there was another fucking box! I raised my fist, “I will hit you.” I really wouldn’t. “It’s the last one I promise.” He vowed. I nodded and opened it and gasped it was a beautiful snake pendant that was the Slytherins colors, Green and Silver, it also was animated to move. He took it out and slowly turned me to where my back was toward him. The coldness of the pendant made me shiver and maybe because of the way Draco’s hands felt against my skin..

I turned back around after I heard the clasp and looked at Draco.
“So? How does it look.” I questioned softly, repressing a laugh as the snake slithered.
“Amazing. You look beautiful.” He said breathlessly. I hugged him as I heard my mother call for me. “Thank you.” I murmured in his ear before kissing the side of his mouth.
“I love it.” I hugged him once more before running back towards mother and father, missing the adorable blush that was staining his cheeks right now.

We apparated back to our house and I ran inside bidding my parent a good night. I quickly changed to some short basketball shorts and a sports bra with a black tank top over it. I quickly took of my jewelry and put it safely in my jewelry box and hid my wand under my pillow. I put my hair up in a hair tie before wrapping my knuckles up. I could hide bruise and what not with concealer but I can’t hide bloody’d scabbed knuckles. Sure it with lessen the effect on the punch but it didn’t matter.

I saw Jayden about to leave his room, most likely leaving for the club so I threw a few pens that were on my table at his window from mine. He spun around in alarm before looking at my window. His eyes widened in surprise and his eyebrows flew up past his hairline. He opened his window. “You’re back?! They let you out?!” He whispered gleefully into the silent night. I nodded and laughed. “Yeah got out earlier.”
He genuinely smile and said he’d come down to catch me.
No less than 40 second later I was safely seat belted in his car as he started the engine.
“Happy Birthday.” He smiled and kissed my cheek in a friendly way.
“Thanks.” I kissed his cheek in return and we tore out of the driveway and headed towards the clubs. To say I wasn’t ecstatic would be a lie. I couldn’t be happier.

I was going to fight tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update tonight. :)
There might be a few mistakes that I will try to fix later.