This boy came to my school. And picked me to be his BRIDE!

Chapter 5

It's been two weeks since I'd screamed at Zac. It's been pretty quiet, and we haven't talked. At all.
My feelings for him haven't lessened. I still really like him, and it's been hell not to talk to him.
Every lesson (except math), I'm tempted to just start up a convosation with him, but I know he won't talk to me. Hell I wouldn't talk to me.
Besides, he's been hanging around with Courtney -Miss I'm-so-cool-cause-my-mum's-the-headmistress) Heathwere. The only time she isn't clinging on his arm is when he comes back to our room, and convosation is usually one or two words.
My life has been hell for the last two wee-
'Okay! I'm over this!' I heard Zella's voice crack into my thoughts.
Zella, Scarlett and Iwere all in the library attempting to study for maths.
I looked up from the text book, I had been staring blankly at, for the past hour.
'Huh?' I asked groggily.
'I said i sick of all this shit!' she said crossly. 'I've read the same sentence about 10 times! This is pointless. When are we ever gonna need friggin' advanced algebra later on!'
'When hell freezes over,' Scarlett groaned fromnext to me.
'And when heaven catches fire.' I added.
We all laughed at my lame joke.
'Okay guys, I cant do this,' I said packing my books and standing. 'I' gonna head back to my room and cut off each of my fingers or something. Anything is better then this.'
'Are you sure?' they both said at the same time.
They both knew that I had only suggested the library, cause I had been deliberately avoiding our usual study place -aka my room.
'Yeah, sure.' I said casually. Actualy I was hoping that Zac wouldn't be there. 'I'm fine guys, honestly.'
'Well wait up, if your not gonna study, we may as well head back to our room,' Scarlett said packing up as well.
The three of us walked out of the library and headed in the direction of the dorms. Since mine wasn't actually inside the girls dorms, I had to head in the other direction from them.
When I opened the door, I was relieved to find the main room empty, and Zac's door open. He always had it closed when he was in it.
When I dumped all my stuff on my bed, I went to the small kitchen we had in the corner of the main room. I grabbed an apple a knife and started cutting it up. I don't know why but I can't eat apples whole. They have to be cut.
Halfway through, the knife slipped and I sliced my thumb open.
'Oh fuckin' brilliant!' Iyelled, as it started gushing blood.
Just as I put it under running water, the door burst open and in came Zac.
'Why are you yelling?' he asked, but then he caught site of the situation.
'Partly because, I just slashed open my thumb.' I said annoyed, not looking at him.
'I'll go get a bandage,' he said turning down towards the bathroom.
He came back aminute later, with the bandage and helped me cover my thumb.
Fifteen minutes later, Zac and I were walking to the school nurse.
The bandage didn't work, as soon as we put it on, it went red. Just my luck.
When we got there,the nurse already hadsomeone, son wesat down of the uncomfortable plastic chairs.
There was an awkward silence.
'So..' I started hesitantly. 'Uh, thanks for helping me. With the walking here and whatever.' I smiled weakly.
'S'alright.' He said looking at me. He gave mea small smile in response. This, made my face heat up.
To save myself form embaressment, the nurse came out then and said she could see me now.
In the room, there was just one of them bed things, with the crackly paper, a counter with medicine stuff on it, and more plastic chairs.
She me to sit on the bed, and Zac on the chairs, while she went and got whatever she needed.
Again it was awkward. Zac was smiling to himself, as if laughing at some private joke. Did he see my blush?
I shifted uncomfortably, making the paper crackle. Ugh!
'Shiley I-' Zac wa cut off by the nurse coming back in with a tube of cream, and more bandages.
As the nurse fixed my thumb, I was looking at Zac. He was looking everywhere but at me.
What was he gonna say?
Great, now it's gonna be on my mind till I find out.
When she was done I got up from the bed, thanked her, and we walked out.
It was almost dinner, but since my clothes were spotted in blood, I had to change.
We were silent, on the way back. I wanted to talk, but I didn't know what to say.
We got there, both changed (turns out I bled on him to) and we met at the door.
However, we didn't make any move to leave.
'Shiley-'
'Zac-'
We both started at the same time, and then gave eachother weak smiles.
'You first,' he said.
'No, you.' I replied.
'Okay, I'm not sure how to work up to this, so I'm just going to say it.' he said. He took a deep breath, and looked me in the eye.'I dont hate you Shiley. And i'm sorry for making you think that I did. I've just never thought of myself being friends with anyone different. Different then my other friends I mean.'
I stood there, speechless. On the inside I felt ecstaic! He had no idea how much that meant.
'Zac, I-' I started but he cut me off.
'I know, you probably dont care, but I just wanted to say.' With that began, to open the door and step out.
I grabbed in wrist and turned him toward me. He looked confused.
'You didn't let me finish.' I told him with a smile. 'You saying that right now was the best thing you could have said, and I feel the same way. I dont hate you either.'
He grinned at me, and I grinned back.
We walked to dinner together, both of us smiling.
When we got there, I saw Courtney glaring daggers at me, I looked away and saw Scar and Zell looking at me surprised, but happy.
He went over to his usual table with Courtney.
It bugged me a bit, but I was fine with it.
When I sat down next to Zella, I put my hands up on the table, and Scar gasped.
'What?' I asked.
'I thought you were joking when you said you were gonna cut off your fingers?' she said, staring at my thumb.
I laughed at the irony. I'd forgotten I'd said that.
'Nah, guys it's alright. I was cutting up my apple when it slipped. I cut my thumb and Zac took me to the nurse.' I said, looking at them.
'Jeez Shy!' Zell said shaking her head. 'You and your apples. But what happened with Zac? When you guys walked in you looked so happy and... cute.'
'Well after we got back from the nurse, he said he didn't hate me. I told him the same.' I said, distracted, they had just brought the food out.'So you could say, we're on speaking terms now.' I added, getting up to get food.
'Just speaking?' they both asked, raising their eyebrows.
'Shutup guys!' I said rolling my eyes. 'Yes! just speaking.'
'Oh c'mon Shy,' Scar pushed.
'You know you want more,' Zell finished.
Just to excite them I started paying with my lip ring, as if I was embarrassed.
'We knew it!' they said.
_____________________________________