Grenade

Life Is Tough

---Skylar's POV---

I walked over to Jackson who was cutting up with Bill. I bit my lip and awkwardly waved at them. Jackson smiled and pulled me to him. "How's my baby?" He asked.

I saw Bill shoot lasers out of his eyes, but I looked down and ignored it. "Fine.." I muttered. I was scared, yes. How could I tell Jackson I cheated? I've never cheated on anybody in my life, and I wished I never had. It wasn't me..

He pushed my wet hair from my face and looked at me, cupping his hands around my face. "What's wrong?" He asked, worry filled his voice.

With a shrug, I said, "Can we talk?" I looked over at Bill. "Alone."

Bill didn't like this too well. He just walked off, his hair bouncing a little as he did. Today I noticed he decided to put it up in a bush again. For what reason, I did not know. We all planned on swimming today.

I pulled Jackson over by the chairs and pushed him down in one. I sat in another one beside him. We were all alone out here, I just hoped it stayed that way. He watched me with worried eyes. "Are you in some kind of trouble?" He asked.

"In a way." I nodded. I chipped the paint off of my nails. Little black specks landed on my wet legs. Making them look like warts.

"Well?" He sighed.

I chewed on my bottom lip then said, "Promise me you won't get mad. It was an honest mistake.." I muttered. Tears formed in my eyes.

"Sky, what's wrong?" He asked, again.

I took a deep breath, and ran a hand through my hand, causing my bangs to stick back. "The other night.. when Dillon ran away. I went into the woods. I felt followed. Turns out it was.. Bill. But I thought it was you." I said.

I looked up at him. He wasn't looking at me, but looking down at his feet. I continued, "And we started talking. He started saying I was pretty, and a few other things. And how you'd told him to stay away." A low growl came from his throat. I paused before I went on. "And.. well. He kissed me. He pinned me against the tree and.. Jackson, I had no control. I couldn't get away from his grasp." Tears left my eyes. I felt so weak!

He stood up and wrapped his muscled up arms around me. "Did he do anything else?!" His voice was a growl this time. Anger filling up his body.

"I-I kissed him back!" I cried into Jackson's bare chest. I couldn't hold it any longer. "He wasn't letting me go until I did. And then.. his hands. I couldn't stop them, Jackson. He put my hands in his pants.."

"He did this against your will.." He murmured.

I shook my head. "I.. I wanted to.."

His arms fell from my body. He stood up slowly and turned his back towards me. "You wanted to?" His voice cracked. It only made my tears fall more.

"You have to understand it was a moment of weakness! I'm in love with you!" I stood up and hugged him around his waist.

He walked away from me and over to the edge of the pool. I watched him, hoping he was thinking of forgiving me. "If it were me, you'd probably dump me the moment you found out. You wouldn't even think of having me a second longer."

"That's not true. I'd hear you out.." I stated.

"You'd get angry that I'd touched another girl, wouldn't you?" He asked.

I wiped the snot from under my nose. I hugged myself and stood there, awkwardly. "Yes, but I would hear you out."

His arms folded over his chest. He watched the pool as if waiting for it to talk to him. He stayed quiet for a minute. All I could do was stand there, staring at his back as he thought. "How many other times have you two done this?"

"Just the one time.."

"That's it?"

"Yes."

He rolled his shoulders and dropped his head. "You're unsure."

I tilted my head and watched him. "What do you mean?"

"You are unsure if you still like me, aren't you? That's what took you so long to tell me."

"N-no. I still love you, Jackson. I don't want him, I want you."

"He's German."

"I don't care about that. You're from the south, I like that so much more." I wiped more snot from under my nose and wiped it on my bathing suit bottoms.

He finally turned out, his eyes red. A few tears on his cheeks. "I don't want you near him. From now on, you're sleeping with me. I'm having a talk with Bill."

I ran over to him and hugged him. I took that, not wanting to start a fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah! I hate this chapter. I wasn't sure how to write it! Anyways, Ashleyyyy *sings* you're turn~

--Christa