Someone To Save Me

You're Pregnant?

“KATIE WAKE UP GET DRESSED WE’RE GOING OUT” I heard Charlie yell from the hall. Sid must have carried me to our room after waiting up for him to get back from an away game because I was tucked soundly in the fluffy comforter.

“Out where?” I asked when she opened the door.

“Out out, we’re going clubbing with the boys” she said with a smile. “Sid’s dressed already. We’re all waiting for you.”

“Who all is going?”

“Everyone except Janie, she’s not feeling good.”

“Oh” I said stretching and walking to our closet.

“Wear something hot so you can get some tonight.”

“Oh no worries on that. Sid’s always ready to go.”

“Ew, ok TMI.”

“Shut up it’s not like you and Jordan aren’t all over each other all the time. Zip me up” I said turning my back to her.

“Yea, Jordan is always egar to please. Ok, someone is retaining water. It won’t zip.”

“Fuck.”

“Just take a deep breath” she said zipping it as I inhaled. “Got it. Lay off the salty stuff, it always made you bloated.”

“I have been eating a lot of salty things.”

“I mean you still look hot though. Some how you lucked out in looking cute no matter what.”

“Charlie seriously shut up. Everyone says we could be twins so . . .”

“Yea, yea. Minus the hair and eyes.”

“Katie you ready?” Sid said from the door.

“I’ll just wait in the living room with everyone else” Charlie said with a wink.

“You look . . . Wow.”

“Liar, it’s way too tight. Charlie almost couldn’t zip it. I’m going to be a whale Sid.”

“No you’re not, you’re going to be a mom and this” he placed a hand on my stomach “is ours. In 2 months we’re going to be married and then 5 months after that we’re going to have a baby. And we both know the only reason your dress is ‘too tight’ is because you’re already tiny and you’re growing a little peanut in there”

“Peanut” I said with a smile. “You are such a softy.”

“Yes, when it comes to you and our baby I am” he said planting a firm kiss on my lips. “Besides you look smokin’ baby.”

“You only say that because you’re hoping the hormones are working in your favor . . .”

“Are they?” he said with a smile.

“Yes.” I laughed. “Let’s go before they leave us behind.”

“Or we could tell them we’ll catch up with them in an hour or so” he suggested wiggling his brows.

“I’m already in the dress.”

“Fine, but we’re not staying long.”

“Ok” I smiled as he lifted me from the ground and over his shoulder.

“SID!” I shouted as he walked out of our room. “Sidney Patrick Crosby! Put me down before I vomit!”

“You’ll be fine” he replied. “Besides at this angle I have a perfect view of your ass.”

“Yeah, me too” I laughed.

“All the more reason to stay in.”

“SID! Put me down or there will be no sex tonight!”

“Yea, I don’t see that happening” he said matter-of-factly.

“Yea, you’re right” I giggled.

“Crosby why are you carrying her?” Max asked stepping behind him and bending down so I could see him. “Is he torturing you?”

“Yes.”

“Should we leave?”

“YES!” Sid answered for me making me laugh.

“Don’t listen to him. He’ll say anything to get laid” I said loudly making everyone including Sid laugh. He finally set me down and I straightened out my dress turning towards our friends.

“Damn Katie. Are you wearing that pushup bra again?” Meg asked quietly.

“No” I said.

“Well then, no wonder Sid’s all over you, your boobs are huge!” I let out a nervous laugh at her comment. Before looking over to Sid who was looking at me intently before holding his hand out for me to take.

We got to the club and sat in the private section as the waitress got our drinks. Sid wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me to him. I love moments like these, where even though there are tons of people around us it feels like it’s just Sid and I, like we’re all that matters in the world. I could sit like this forever just the two, no three, of us. I rested my head on his shoulder and placed a hand on his knee, tracing light patterns over the material.

“Sid, Katie, take a shot” Jordan said handing us the glasses.

“No thanks Jordy.”

“Ahh come on why not?”

“I’m just not drinking” I said handing the shot back to him.

“Just one?”

“Nope.”

“Lame” he said turning towards Charlie who had a questioning look on her face that went to shock when Sid placed his hand over my stomach rubbing small circles over it with his thumb. She handed her empty shot glass to Jordan and walked over to where we sat.

“Katie” she said sitting down next to me.

“Charlie.”

“You’re bloated, your boobs are a good 2 cups bigger, you’re not drinking, you sleep a lot, and I’m pretty sure every time Jordan comes home he mentions that Sid is looking quiet satisfied which would mean that you’re putting out a lot.”

“Spit it out Charlie.”

“Are you pregnant?” she asked in a whisper. I smiled looking up at Sid- who had a huge grin on his face- before nodding. “OH MY GOD!”

“Shhhh” I hushed her placing my hand over her mouth before everyone looked over at us. “Charlie, we don’t want everyone to know right now, it’s still in that risky part where we could loose it unexpectedly.”

“Holy crap Katie” she smiled. “How far?”

“Two months.”

“Well at least you won’t be huge for the wedding” she said with a shrug before hugging me tightly. “I’m happy for you sis. You and Sid deserve this, to be happy and have a family.”

“Thanks Charlie, and just because I’m not drinking doesn’t mean you can take all of my drinks for me. Nonie’s going to freak out about this as is - don’t need to throw another great-grandbaby into the mix.”

“Point taken” she said with wide eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a little short but I'll post more tonight =) Comments please!