Someone To Save Me

I can't hate your guts!

“OH DEAR GOD WHY THE HELL AM I DOING THIS?”

“What do you mean baby?”

“Why am I trying to climb up the freaking coliseum? I’m 5 months pregnant this isn’t going to work!”

“It’s our last full day before we head back to Pittsburgh, what do you want to do instead?” he asked wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

“I wanted to see the coliseum, but I’m fat and can’t do these stairs.”

“You’re not fat, our little peanut is in there” he said letting his hands travel to the front of my stomach. “Beside I’m not complaining.”

“You Sir are full of crap” I replied turning towards him.

“And you Mrs. Crosby are unbelievably hot. Baby does a body good in my opinion.”

“You’re ridiculous” I said smiling up at my husband. “Let’s just see where we are yea? Maybe I made it farther than I think. Then we should go back to the hotel and . . .”

“Practice?”

“No, I haven’t even had the first kid and you’re hinting at the second one. No” I said shaking my head in fear. “Sid let’s try and not screw up the first one before we decide on having another.”

“Why are you scared? You’re going to be a great mom.”

“How do you know I’m not going to fail EPICALLY?”

“Because I’ve seen you with my teammates kids and they love you.”

“Yea well little Rhys is adorable.”

“Peanut will be way cuter. Think about it, their genes are freaking awesome!”

“We’ll see . . . I mean it could be really good or really bad.”

***************************************************************************************************************

“FRENCHIES WE’RE HOME!” she yelled walking into our house, Max and Tanger were over crashing at the house after dropping off the wedding gifts.

“Holy Shit Katie you got bigger . . .” Tanger said giving her a hug.

“There’s a baby in there” Max said placing his hands on her stomach.

“WHAT!?!” she yelled sarcastically before laughing. “I missed you damn French-Canadians.”

“We missed you too Mrs. Crosby” Max said hugging her tight.

“Max breathing is kind of important.”

“Sorry.”

“Damn it why did you have to go to Philly? I can’t hate your guts Max it’s not fair!”

“I’m sorry Katie. Meg isn’t to happy about it either.”

“Well duh you idiot. She likes Pittsburgh not Smelly Philly” she said giving him a hard time.

“I know.”

“So is it ready?” she asked looking at Kris then back at Max, they nodded before jogging upstairs.

“Is what ready Katie?” I asked confused.

“A surprise for you” she smiled taking my hand and walking up the stairs. “I had the boys do a little decorating while we were away.” She stopped in front of what was going to be the baby’s room and opened the door. The walls were the colors of our Winter Classic jerseys and there were penguins every where. “Ta-da!”

“Wow, you guys did this?”

“Yep” Tanger said simply.

“I figured that no matter if it’s a boy of a girl this would work. The blues are a lot more calming that black and ‘Vegas Gold’” she said wrapping her arms around my waist.

“It’s perfect. Thanks guys” I said kissing the top of my wife’s head. “Now how about you guys give us a little time to get settled in eh?”

“10 minutes enough Sid?” Max asked with a wink.

“Not nearly enough time actually Maxie” she said shoving him out of the door. “I know you guys are crashing here but can’t you go away for a couple hours?”

“Sure thing Katie-bug” Kris said kissing her forehead followed by Max before they gave me high-fives and left the house.

“Sid, do you love it or what?” she said turning towards me.

“I love it. It’s perfect baby. You’re perfect . . “

“I am not perfect” she said firmly.

“Well, you are to me” I replied kissing her softly. “I love you Mrs. Crosby.”

“I love you too” she replied yawning.

“You’re tired” I stated.

“No” she said yawning again. I gave her a pointed look. “Ok fine I’m sleepy. Carrying the first kid of a hockey stud is tiring.”

“Well we have a couple hours to nap now.”

“You don’t’ want to . . .”

“Oh I want to but it can wait. You’re tired.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Was no one excited that they got hitched?

This part of the story is almost over, probably only 1 or 2 posts left BUT good news! I'm working on the squeal!

Are you stoked now?