Someone To Save Me

Pain.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was the first game of the season and I looked like a beached whale, no joke. I can’t wait for this kid to get the hell out of me, Sid’s excited though, he’s going to be a great dad I can already tell. Somehow I had managed to talk him into letting me come to the game, they were playing my Chicago boys and I really wanted to see them, ok so everyone besides Kaner, kidding I love that annoying bastard, but Sid up until 5 minutes before he had to leave was adamant about me staying home. So here I sat with Mario and Nathalie in the box watching my super hot hubby kick my friends asses. It was a good feeling.

“So Katie, are you excited for the little one to arrive?” Nat asked me placing her hands on my stomach.

“I wish they’d just come out already, I’m so uncomfortable.”

“I remember those days.”

“I hate these days” I replied adjusting in my seat slightly, feeling the pressure in my back building. “It’s so uncomfortable!”

“Not too much longer sweetie” Nathalie said patting my knee. “Then you’ll miss this.”

“I don’t know how . . . Ouch.”

“Are you alright?”

“My back is killing me, it’s been like this for the past couple of hours.”

“Oh. Well if it gets worse we might want to call your doctor.”

“I’ll be fine, I just want to be able to watch Sid’s first game of the season, and I want to watch them kick my friends butts. Damn it!” I winced placing my hand on my lower back.

“The second is almost over . . .” Mario said looking at me in a fatherly way, honestly I had almost forgotten that he was there watching the game in his usual stoic manner. “If you’re in this much pain maybe I should make a call down and have Sid take you to the hospital.”

“No! It’s not labor pains it’s just back pain . . .”

“Sweetie, I had this with my youngest and we had to rush into the hospital and deliver without drugs . . .”

“Ok, I’m going to want the drugs” I said nodding my head vigorously letting Mario help me up and out into the hall, where a wheel chair was sitting. “I am perfectly capable of walking to the elevator, Mario. With all due respect of course, but I will not look weak.”

“It was just in case it was needed” he said with a soft laugh before walking with me and Nathalie down the hall.

“How you doing sweetie?”

“I’m clam and collected, but on the inside I’m freaking out Nat. Seriously freaking out here. What if I’m a horrible mom? What if I do something wrong?”

“This is normal Katie” she said wrapping her arm around my shoulder as the elevator descended just as the doors opened a sharp pain spread through my body, making me scream out in pain. Mario picked me up bridal style and walked towards the locker room, and through the doors to where the guys were sitting.

“Sid, get cleaned up you’re not going to be able to go back out for the 3rd” he said setting me on the bench, “I’ll let Dan know.”

“Katie?”

“I’m scared Sid” I said as he walked over to me.

“It’s ok.”

“You smell please shower so we can go . . . Owww.”

“I’ll be 5 minutes, ok?” I nodded, looking directly into his eyes, instantly calming down slightly. “Stay right here. Guys, watch her ok?” They all nodded or said yea looking over at me.

“Sid it’s too early. Peanut isn‘t supposed to be here for another month, what if something is wrong?”

“It’s going to be alright” he said firmly.

“Okay. I believe you.”

“I’ll be right back.”

“I’m going to be an uncle!” Max said sitting next to me in the stall.

“Ewww Max you reek. And yea you’re all going to be uncles. Lucky kid.”

“If it’s a girl we’ll scare away the boys and if it’s a boy well . . .”

“You are not teaching my son how to be a player Max, no way in hell will he turn out like you. Dear God . . .” I winced grabbing a hold of Max’s hand squeezing for dear life. “If I make it through this I will kill your captain.”

“Please wait until the season is over” Kris said rubbing my back.

“Fine, for you Kris I’ll hold off until June.”

“Thanks Katie.”

“Eww what is that?” Max said looking down at the pool of liquid by my feet.

“Her water broke you idiot” Kris said hitting Max hard on his shoulder.

“SIDNEY PATRICK CROSBY HURRY UP!” I yelled as he walked out of the shower to get dressed. “Not the suit, something comfortable it’s going to be a long night.”

“Ok, jeans then.”

“Holy shit, this is really happening isn’t it?” I asked half to myself, half out loud.

“Yep, you’re going to be a mommy” Max said with a smile.

“Did you just say mommy? Geeze Max man the fuck up” I said looking up at him incredulously.

“Yea, Max man the fuck up” Sid said offering his hand to me. “Let’s go Katie.”

“Time to meet baby Crosby huh?”

“Yep.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll probably post later tonight again. PLEASE comment. =)