Someone To Save Me

Mystery Guy.

“You better have a good reason for waking me up, who ever you are” I grumbled when someone nudged my shoulder.

“We’ve landed.”

“Sweet!” I said stretching. “Well hello Mr. Towes.”

“Hi. You’re the reporter who is going to be following me I’m guessing.”

“That’s right.”

“You’ve been around though before.”

“Yeah I’m normally at the home games” I yawned as we walked to the waiting bus.

“Doesn’t Kaner have a huge crush on you?”

“Unfortunately.”

“Ha, sorry this must suck for you.”

“So far yea. But that might be because I hate flying and I really just want to sleep” I explained as we sat on the bus. “So just so we get this out of the way. I’m not here to be in your way, seriously just pretend I’m not here most of the time. I’m a silent observer and I’m not going to send in anything that will portray you in a negative light. If at anytime you want to be alone or would rather not to have pictures snapped let me know. I’m not some creepy paparazzi, I‘ll let you be if you want.”

“Good to know.”

“Awesome. We won’t start officially until tomorrow, so enjoy the night without me. I will be sleeping, like hardcore sleeping” I said turning my phone back on, smiling when I saw the picture that Sid had snapped of the two of us this morning.

“Sweet” he said turning to look out his window.

New Message- Al: Have you gotten there yet?

Reply- Al: Yea, we’re on the way to the hotel right now. I can’t wait to sleep!

New Message- Al: Just don’t forget to call Sid.

Reply- Al: How do you know that I’m going to call him?

New Message- Al: I’ve known you for a very long time Katie, and I know that what I saw this week was you falling for him. And judging by his reaction when you walked away he’s fallen for you too.

Reply- Al: Fine I admit that I like him a lot. But it won’t work as anything more than friends. We’re both really busy and don’t live remotely close to each other.

New Message- Al: You don’t know that. Just give it a chance. Alex says the same thing.

Reply- Al: Well tell Goose that I will but still am doubtful that anything will progress from this.

New Message- Goose: Yes they will!

Reply- Goose: How the hell do you know that? The only way it would is if he came to Chicago - which isn’t going to happen ever. Or if I go to Pitt.

New Message- Goose: Then move to Pitt! Problem solved!

Reply- Goose: If only it were that easy, Goosey.

“Alright everyone be out here to catch the bus at 10:30” the coach said before everyone stood getting their things. “Ms. O’Callaghan.”

“Hi, Mr. Quenneville.”

“Please it’s Joel, I just want to make sure you’re all set and that the guys are treating you well.”

“So far so good. I’m sure the paper already filled you in on the concept.”

“Yes they did. We got you a room on the same floor as the guys at each stop so you’re close to the action. Just be on the bus when the guys have to be and we’ll be good.”

“Thanks. And like I told Towes on the bus if at anytime you need to me just leave or set down the camera just tell me, I’m not here to make things difficult.”

“Sounds good. Now get some sleep. They’re tiring, it’s kind of like babysitting, even with the older ones.”

“Thanks for the warning.”

“Katie, you going out with us?” I heard as I got to my room, Seabrook.

“She probably has to call the guy she’s in love with” Sharp said.

“Why? I’m right here” the distinctive voice of Patrick Kane said.

“Yes, Kaner I’m so in love with you. I want to marry and have lots of children with you” I said sarcastically turning towards him as I placed a hand on his shoulder. “Dumb.”

“Ouch baby” he said kissing the air.

“Hmm, I’m going to sleep. Goodnight boys” I said walking into my room locking the door behind me. I set my things on the table and pulled my phone from my pocket.

“Hello?”

“Hey Sid.”

“Katie, you’re there huh.”

“Yep. I figured that you would be sleeping when I called.”

“Why would I be sleeping? I knew you would call.”

“Well when you say it like that, I don’t know why I would think that.”

“It’s weird not having you here.”

“I know. I got used to having you and everyone else around and not worrying about anyone hitting on me, now I have Kane to deal with.”

“Do I need to come up and show him who’s the boss?”

“You’re going to bring Tony Danza? I know you have money but seriously that would be a waste. Oh wait were you referring to yourself?” I chuckled.

“Never mind I revoke my offer.”

“You can’t anyway Sid, you have a game tomorrow.”

“Yea this is true.”

“Sid” I said after neither of us said anything for a little bit.

“Yea?”

“I’m just making sure you didn’t fall asleep on me. I know you can pass out unexpectedly.”

“No I’m awake.”

“Ok . . . This is crazy Sid.”

“What is?”

“I shouldn’t miss you this much already. We just met a week ago.”

“I know what you mean.”

“I feel stupid for missing you.”

“I miss you too though. Too much. You’re the only girl that I’ve met who treats me normal. You must be tired” he said quietly.

“No I’m not” I yawned.

“Bull shit” he laughed. “Go to sleep Katie.”

“You too. You better not suck tomorrow.”

“How would you know if I did?”

“I have my ways, Mr. Crosby, I have my ways.”

“Goodnight. I’ll talk to you soon.”

“Good night Sid” I said quietly before hanging up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“What are you wearing?” Towes asked me as I walked past him and Kaner in the hall. I looked down at the yoga pants and Penguins t-shirt I put on this morning before heading to the hotels gym.

“A shirt” I said plainly.

“A Penguins shirt” Kane said raising his eyebrow.

“Good Job you can read!” I said sarcastically.

“Umm you realize that you’re here doing a piece on a member of the Blackhawks right?” Towes asked.

“Again, yes. My favorite team just happens to be the Penguins.”

“What!” they both shouted.

“I did just spend a week there with my friends from college” I reasoned making my way back to my room to shower before grabbing a quick breakfast.

“So, question” Sharp said walking up beside me as I waited to get my coffee from the hotel’s coffee shop.

“Answer.”

“Were you really wearing a Penguins shirt this morning?”

“Yes, what’s the big deal, huh?”

“Well that it had Crosby’s number on it, and that you are with us on this trip.”

“Your point is what exactly because I don’t see a problem with wearing a shirt from the city where I just spent a week with my friends.”

“And the boy. Who I think might be a high profile.”

“You think huh?”

“Yes, that might be why you won’t tell me who he is.”

“You really are nosey you know that Sharp.”

“If you just told me who then I would leave you alone.”

“See I don’t think that you would actually. It would for sure make things worse for me” I said grabbing my hot coffee from the counter. “And him.”

“So he is a well known guy.”

“Sharp seriously you need to drop it. We’re not together we’re just talking. That’s it. Nothing more than that.”

“Alright. Whatever you say” he said with a smile. I sighed shaking my head before turning to head out to the bus, my camera bag hanging on my shoulder along with my purse. I sat down and pulled my sunglasses over my eyes before taking a sip of my addiction, a large medium roast coffee with French-vanilla creamer.

My phone buzzed in my jacket pocket .

New Message- Sid: Are you really gone or were you kidding and I’m going to see you at the arena?

Reply- Sid: Unfortunately I really am gone. And I’m getting razzed for wearing a penguins shirt this morning as I worked out.

New Message- Sid: The one with my number on it?

Reply- Sid: How did you know?

New Message- Sid: I’m just that good.

Reply- Sid: Freaky . . . Sharp is pressing me to know who I’m talking to all the time.

New Message- Sid: Oh really? What did you tell him?

Reply- Sid: That I wasn’t going to tell him, and that he needs to drop it. He somehow thinks that said person is a well known guy.

New Message- Sid: Well I mean I am. . .

Reply- Sid: He also is saying that I have some pretty strong feelings for said person.

New Message- Sid: Oh? Do you?

Reply- Sid: I’m not going to say because I don’t know how said person feels. Wouldn’t want to get my heart broken.

New Message- Sid: Said person really misses you and wishes you never left to begin with.

Reply- Sid: I miss you too. Lots.

New Message- Sid: Come back.

Reply- Sid: Soon, I promise.

New Message- Sid: Not soon enough.

Reply- Sid: Getting a tad clingy there Crosby ;)

New Message- Sid: Is that a wink O’Callaghan?

Reply- Sid: Maybe. Too bad my assignment isn’t in Pitt.

New Message- Sid: I know. You should just move here.

Reply- Sid: You and Goose have said that in the past 12 hours.

New Message- Sid: Goose is a smart guy.

Reply- Sid: What about my job? As in it’s in Chicago. Not Pitt.

New Message- Sid: It should be in Pitt.

Reply- Sid: Or you should be in Chicago . . . No never mind I like the Penguins too much.

New Message- Sid: That’s what I thought.

Reply- Sid: Well I have to go we just got to the arena . . . Time to go all stealth and become invisible behind the camera.

New Message- Sid: Alright, I have practice anyway. Talk to you later.

Reply- Sid: Miss you. Talk to you later!

“You realize that you were texting him for a solid 30minutes” Sharp said before walking off the bus.

“Shut it Sharp!” I said running to catch up with him. “I hate you.”

“Ouch. A, what, 5’4” girl hates me - I’m so sacred.”

“You should be” I said adjusting my camera bag. “You have no idea what I’m capable of. You could call . . .”

“I could call who? The mystery guy that you won’t tell me who he is.”

“Never mind! I will get my revenge on you Sharp, just you wait.”

“And I will find out who he is, just you wait.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So no comments yet? Really? =(