Status: Every Day

I Blame This All Boy's Boarding School!

Chapter Two

"Moooom, it's five thirty in the morning," I complained as she pulled the sheets off of me.

"Your plane leaves at eight fifteen. You'll arrive in Ontario, Canada around eleven or something like that. I don't remember what your father said. A limo will pick you up and it'll be a two hour drive to the school," she said.

I grumbled, complaining about how they'd chosen a flight so early in the morning. I got up though and went to my bathroom to take a shower. I heard my mother yell a thank you.

After my twenty minute shower I stood in the bathroom, wrapped in a towel, blow drying my hair. Once it was completely dry, I went back to room to find some clothes laid out on the bed. A black/white/gray plaid skirt, a black tank top, and a white button-up.

I stared at them for a while before sighing. It's not like I'd be wearing this everyday. I slipped into my under garments first and then put on the clothes. My four suitcases were already downstairs.

I stifled a yawn as I trudged back into the bathroom. I applied my makeup slowly. My eyes were touched up a little more than usual. I'd put more eyeliner on and some gray eyeshadow. I straightened my wavy brown hair and bangs as well.

When I finally re-entered my room, it was six forty-five. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my bag. It had my phone, another case of make-up, another straightener, my curling iron, and a picture frame holding a picture of me and Todd.

Downstairs, I went straight to the kitchen. My father was sitting at the counter, eating a bowl of cereal. His eyes went straight to my skirt, as I knew they would. "Too short," he commented, but didn't tell me to change it.

I wouldn't have listened anyway... "But don't I look cute, daddy?" I asked, smiling sweetly.

"You always look cute, sweetie," he said.

I rolled my eyes and opened up the fridge, pulling out an apple. As I took my first bit, my mother came in. "Aren't you going to eat some real breakfast?" she asked.

I shook my head. She sighed before snapping at my father to get off his butt. Ten minutes later we were in the car, my apple only one-fourth of the way eaten. I pouted and waved goodbye to my house, not that I wasn't happy to be going.

The drive to the airport would be only thirty minutes. The goodbye to my parents was a slightly tearful one. But, goodness, I couldn't wait to be at the school. I was excited!