Status: Active :)

I'm No Superhero; Just Your Ordinary Freak

Don't Make This Easy

"You're awfully far from home."
I froze at the sound of a thin, raspy voice that raked over my ears like nails against a chalkboard. My muscles tensed in recognition and anticipation. "Mixi," I spoke with feigned pleasantness. I turned my upper body, glancing at her over my shoulder casually. "Long time no see. How've you been?"
Mixi was leaned against a wall casually. She twirled a silver blade between. Her fingers with uncanny experience, and she looked at me with crystal blue eyes; a dull, ordinary blue. She was short, a child really, with rosy cheeks and locks the shade of sunlight. "Cut the bull, Amelia," she spat in her rancid tone, raising her eyebrows disappointingly.
I tutted at her and spun around, hand on my hip. "Mixi," I fake gasped, causing her to stop spinning the silver sliver. "That's no way for a young girl to speak." I quirked up the corner of my mouth mockingly and was rewarded with an infuriated scowl.
In a flash the blade was flying at me, slicing the air effortlessly, too fast for the human eye. I waited for it to near my face before I caught it. The metal felt awaitingly cool against my fingers.
I grinned back arrogantly, happy to have ridded her of her defence and to have played her so easily. "You rats are all the same; its no wonder everyone hates you," I wagged the blade at her lecturingly.
She hissed a profanity under her breath and tried to be subtle about the blade she was reaching for in her boot.
"Don't," I warned, holding up the blade threateningly. She understood and stopped, staring at me with hate filled eyes.
Mixi wasn't an original in the same way Peril and I were: she was a rat, a snitch. She was someone used to manipulate the tests; I had endured years and years of her torture. Her only ability was to invade minds and create mental illusions; pretty weak considering how easily all the experiments found guarding their minds. Mixi had been one of the few that had yet to be retired.
"So, there must be a reason for your visit." I arched an eyebrow expectantly.
She looked around hesitantly, but her angelic features didn't take anything away from the heartless monster I knew her to be. "I came here to kill you." Her voice, painful to any ears, made the words sound heavy with honesty, but I didn't buy it for a second.
I ground my teeth together. "Like they'd send you to kill me. Tell me the truth."
She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms, staring at me through plain eyes, re-enforcing my statement; she was nothing short of ordinary. "You won't like what I have to say."
"When do I ever?" I retorted, growing impatient. I stretched out my mind, feeling around for anyone one else's psyche and stray thoughts, in case I was being trapped and Mixi was just stalling. I made sure to hold my walls up, to ensure she didn't leek her way through any cracks.
Mixi stared at me with innocent eyes and then smirked. "I'm here for the boy?"
"The boy?" I echoed humouredly, but I could feel my blood beginning to rise and cool at the same time. My mind raced with horror and I sought out for Chris' mind, somewhat happy when I couldn't find it.
"Yes," Mixi breathed, watching my face for any hints of emotion.
"Why?" I kept my tone hard and my face blank; she didn't deserve the satisfaction of watching me self destruct.
She shrugged casually. "He's important."
"Why?" I gritted my teeth, letting my eyes narrow into slits.
She shrugged again and slowly smiled, enjoying my visible anguish. "Not nice being the one in the dark, is it?" She spoke smugly with false superiority.
I chucked the blade to the ground violently, forcing the metal into the tar mercilessly. I took two strides forward and pulled my psyche together like stretched elastic.
Before Mixi could so much as twitch I had ripped a gaping hole into her mind. I slid into it effortlessly and waited, suddenly overwhelmed with the patience only the desire to torture could surface.
Mixi whimpered as her legs gave out beneath her. Her mind began to mend itself, enclosing me in it, but I knew getting out would be simple.
"The difference between you and me," I spoke both verbally and mentally, letting my voice echo menacingly in her eardrums. "Is that my abilities evolve. So, I'm going to ask you one last time," I took a few steps until I was hovering over her sprawled form. "Why is he important?"
Mixi's fragile body shook violently, and I half expected to hear her dainty bones to start rattling. Her breathing became heavy and her pupils became dilated.
An image popped up into my mind, but it was one I had had many times of me, standing in a desert, awaiting the arrival of the battle. But where had Mixi gotten it from.
I retracted from her mind quickly, slipping through a minuscule crack. I frowned down at Mixi's body. "Where did you get that?" I didn't disguise the urgency in my tone.
Her chest heaved up heavily with each mouthful of breath she inhaled, but she managed to string together a coherent, ear piercing sentence. "The boy, he sees thing."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its been so long. Feedback? :) its encouraging, and ensures updates!