Status: Active :)

I'm No Superhero; Just Your Ordinary Freak

Traitors Can Be Allies

I decided to take a tour of my house, after finally changing into comfortable clothing. There were four bedrooms, each one decorated and accessorized, as if someone was actually going to be occupying them. Blue, white and grey. How lifeless. Where was the red? And the green? And the colour?
I made my way from room to room, admiring the highly priced furniture and debating on whether or not to even stay in the house.
I smiled as I heard the faintest sound of air sweeping through the room. I listened for the sound of the front door clicking shut, but I knew it would never come. I wondered if he had even used the door.
“We both know this place is bugged, Amelia,” a familiar voice spoke from behind me, in the living room.
I spun around and faced him. “You should know better than to sneak into my house.” I couldn’t help the small smile that formed on my lips.
“Miss me?” the corner of his mouth quirked up in amusement, but I knew he wanted an answer. He took a step towards me, standing only a meter away. He looked good, in a Damon Salvatore type of way. He was all blacked out from head to toe; boots, jeans, and leather jacket.
Instead of giving him an answer I flashed an implying smile. “Are we assassinating someone tonight?” I asked as I circled him, running my hand along the collar of his jacket. My boots clicked against the marble tiles as I moved, the only sound in the house.
“Maybe,” Peril smiled, his red eyes lighting up enticingly. “First we need to decide on whom.”
Same old Peril; always up for an adventure, regardless of what it is.
I stopped walking around him once we were face to face. “Why are you here, Peril?” my tone was like but filled with authority.
He grabbed a lock of my hair and twirled it between his fingers. “Why are you wearing those silly contacts? You’re eyes are magnificent. You should be flaunting them.”
I could smell his familiar scent; pine wood and sea water. So odd, yet so undeniably fantastic. “Peril.” I sighed as I moved his hand away from my hair. “Why.”
He stared at me for a long moment, his eyes boring into my fake brown ones. Eventually I got what I wanted.
I felt Peril’s mind brush over the border’s of mine. I slowly let him in, one layer at a time, until he could give me what I needed.
A million images flashed through my mind in a second, like the first flash of a strobe light. But it was enough, and I saw everything I needed to.
Peril retracted and stared at me expectantly.
“So.” I couldn’t help my victorious, spiteful tone. “I won.”
Peril’s face twisted into a distorted expression. “You know I like fighting for the winning side.” At least he was honest.
“Then you should have sided with me to start with,” I turned and made my way to the kitchen.
Peril followed slowly as I pulled out a bottle of red wine. “Want?” I asked nonchalantly as I dug my nails into the cork and pulled it out effortlessly.
Peril gave a brief nod, his eyes transfixed on a tiny wooden turtle that sat on the granite counter. “You know that’s a mic, right?” he took a closer look at it.
“Yeah, I spotted it when Billy was over earlier. Figured they’d get a kick out of listening to twenty-four hours of All Time Low when I’m out.” I poured two glasses, to the brim, and slid Peril his.
We both took a sip, eyeing the other skeptically.
“You need me,” Peril all but purred, turning his charm on. Soon he’d be twisting his thong-clad body around a stripper pole; he’d do anything for a victory.
I took another sip of my wine, letting it swish around my mouth before I swallowed. “We both know I can win without you,” I eyed him over the island that separated us. “As you just showed me.”
“Imagine how much easier it will be with me on your side,” he leaned forward, setting his glass down, his breath tickling my face slightly.
“We both know I don’t like easy victories.”
In a second he was behind me, his arms around my waist and his head on my shoulder. “Is that why you like my so much?” he whispered into my ear.
I threw my head back and gulped the rest of my wine down, letting the cool liquid run into my throat. I smiled as I set the glass down, and in an instant I had Peril pinned to the floor, my foot resting heavily against his adams apple. “You’re forgetting how untrustworthy you are.” I narrowed my eyes.
Peril smiled at me from where he lay, before swinging his body and knocking me off balance.
I let my body fall for a split second, enough time for Peril to stand to his feet, before setting my arms down to hold my body upright, and throwing my legs out in a spin. My feet connected, one after the other, with Peril’s face.
I shot up, my body burning with adrenaline. I knew my contacts had been dissolved by the immense heat I had given off when connecting with my monster.
Peril slowly turned his head towards me with a loud snap. He smiled through his blood, his wounds already healed to a state of nonresistance. “Point made, Amelia.”
“Was it?” I placed a hand on my hip and raised an eyebrow.
“Well, what was your point, exactly?” he asked as he dragged his sleeve across his mouth, only smearing the red liquid even more.
“That I can,” I took a step towards him. “And will,” I grabbed the collar of his shirt and yanked him down until hit face was level with mine. “Kick your ass if you ever double-cross me again. Understand?”
Peril just smiled wickedly at me. “I love it when I’m on your team.”
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback? :)