They Say True Love Would Never Leave...

Hot and Cold

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew Gerard was gently shaking me awake. I opened my eyes and sat up slowly with Gerard’s help.

“I got you some water,” he said. He handed me a glass filled with cold water. I took a few small sips and then set it on the table beside me. I was now also feeling really hot so I threw the blankets off of me. “How are you feeling?”

I didn’t say anything; I just shrugged my shoulders. Gerard placed a cool hand on my forehead.

“You’re really burning up,” he said, pulling his hand away. “Do you want to take a cold bath?”

“Yeah,” I said. Gerard nodded his head.

“I’ll be right back,” he said. He left my room. He came back a few minutes later. “I finished filling the tub. Can you walk?”

“I think so,” I said. I got up carefully from my bed. Gerard came over to help me to the bathroom but I stopped him. “I need to get clean pajamas.”

I carefully made it to my dresser and got what I needed. Then I started towards the bathroom and Gerard was instantly at my side, helping me there. He helped me inside the bathroom.

“Can you handle the rest on your own?” Gerard asked.

“Yeah,” I said. I smiled weakly. “Thanks.”

“No problem,” he said. “Yell to me when you’re ready to go back to your room.”

I nodded and Gerard left the bathroom, closing the door behind him. I quickly and carefully got undressed before lowering myself into the cold water in the bathtub. I shivered as the cold water touched my hot skin. Once I was in, I closed my eyes. I was glad Gerard had stayed behind. It felt good having someone take care of me. I stayed in the tub for about 15 minutes before getting out. I grabbed a towel and dried myself off and then I got dressed, putting on my clean pajamas. I just left my dirty one on the bathroom floor. I made it to the bathroom door and opened it. Instead of calling for Gerard I decided to head back to my room on my own. I walked slowly to my room and entered it. When I got to my bed, I stumbled a bit and bumped my table next to my bed. The glass with water in it fell. It hit part of the table near the bottom and broke.

“Shit,” I said. I heard footsteps in the hallway.

“Allie?” Gerard said. I had gotten down on my knees and was picking up some of the glass. I heard Gerard come into my room. “What happened?”

“I accidentally knocked the glass off the table and it broke,” I said.

“Let me get it,” said Gerard, coming closer.

“No, that’s ok,” I said. Gerard got down beside me and took the pieces of glass I was holding carefully out of my hand.

“I said I got it,” said Gerard. I sighed quietly and sat back. Gerard quickly picked up all the pieces of glass and threw it in the small garbage can I had in my room. He then left the room and came back with a towel to clean up some of the water that got spilled. By the time he was done, I was shivering again. Gerard looked at me. “We should dry your hair.”

I nodded my head. Gerard offered me his hand and he helped me up. He brought me back to the bathroom and had me sit on the lid of the closed toilet. He grabbed a brush and my hairdryer. He ran the brush carefully through my hair before starting to dry my hair. When he was done he helped me up again and brought me back to my room. I quickly got into bed and got under my blankets. I continued to shiver, the blankets not bringing me any warmth.

“Are you still cold?” he asked.

I nodded my head.

“Yeah,” I said.

“Move over,” he said.

“What?” I asked. He lifted my blankets a little and started to get in my bed. I moved away from him as he got into my bed.

“Come here,” he said. I didn’t move and Gerard sighed before wrapping an arm around me and pulling me close to him. I started to feel slightly warm and my shivering lessened. “Is that better?”

“Yeah,” I mumbled. I yawned loudly before falling asleep in Gerard’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait. But I wrote a long one. :D I want to start writing another story soon. But don't worry, this one isn't ending soon. Hopefully. My goal is to make this story longer than usual. So hopefully that works out. ; ) Feedback?
~Sally