They Say True Love Would Never Leave...

"Don't lose her"

Mikey’s P.O.V.

My brother had just told my girlfriend he still loved her. I don’t know what to do. Damn them for not closing the door all the way and the fact I’m nosey. I couldn’t see Allie’s face, seeing as her back was to me. I held my breath, waiting for her response. But it never came. Then Gerard was at the door and pushing it open. Gerard looked at me. He looked slightly hurt. Gerard passed me. I looked at Allie who had watched Gerard and she saw me.

“You heard?” she asked. She sounded sad. “Don’t be mad at him, please. He can’t help how he feels.”

“I know,” I said. I turned around and went more inside the house. I decided to go see Gerard.

I went upstairs and to Gerard’s room where I assumed he would be. I knocked twice on the closed door before opening it. Gerard was sitting on his bed, looking at the floor. He looked up at me as I entered.

“I’m sorry about that,” said Gerard quietly. I moved to the bed and sat next to him.

“It’s ok,” I said.

“No,” he said. “I shouldn’t have told her that. I just complicated things.”

I didn’t know what to say.

“I think I’m going to break up with her,” I said after a minute. Gerard’s head shot up and looked my way.

“What?” Gerard asked.

“I can tell she still loves you,” I said, quietly. “Plus, ever since Allie and I got together, I don’t feel like we’re as close as we used to be.”

Gerard nodded his head and looked down. I stood up and looked at Gerard.

“I’m letting Allie get you back by breaking up with her,” I said. “Don’t lose her this time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, I'm going to post the prologue to my new story in a few minutes. It's called "Holding Onto What I'm Feeling" It's a Jeph Howard fanfic. Check it out if you want ; )
~Sally