Status: Active--updates will be slow.

Ghost Of You

Letters

Julie pulled to a complete stop in front of the grocery store where she worked at. She had just dropped Eva off at her house because she had to be at work early in the morning. Exhaustion was seen clearly on Julie's face. She didn't know if it was because of her channeling Ryan's ghost or what, but after today all she felt like doing was crawling in bed and going to sleep. Ryan stepped out of the car following after her. He had a whole bunch of family and friends that lived in different states and he wanted Julie to write them letters. So here she was getting tons of paper along with envelopes and stamps to mail them out.

She also decided on getting some of her groceries out of the way. By the time she finally got home and unpacked it was almost eight at night. They had stayed at Angie's house for nearly three hours. Angie told Julie that she was going to call a few of Ryan's friends to let them know what was happening so they wouldn't freak out like she did. Julie was unsure at first; what if the media started coming to her asking her a whole bunch of questions? She didn't want to look like a fool in front of everybody. The only people she wanted to know about this were the people that Ryan needed to say goodbye too and Eva.

"What's it like?" Julie asked as she began to make herself something to eat. "Being dead, I mean."

Ryan smiled. "Being this isn't what I thought death would be. I feel no pain, I'm not hungry, or thirsty. It's a weird feeling. I'm not really sure how to explain it. It's like I'm here talking to you, but I'm not here."

"Do you not have anyone else to go stalk? I mean I don't mind helping you out, but I just feel extremely tired channeling you."

Ryan chuckled. "I can't. I've tried. It's like I'm stuck here with you now. You can go to sleep and I'll see if I can write what I want you to write to everyone."

After Julie ate she grabbed herself some wine before heading into the bathroom. She made sure the door was completely closed and locked before she started the bath water. A bath sounded amazing right now. She waited until the tub was filled up before slipping herself into the water. A loud moan escaped her lips. After a long stressful day this was exactly what she needed.

"Fuck."

Julie jumped when she heard Ryan's voice. She quickly covered herself up before glancing over to see him standing in the bathroom.

"This is the second time you've tried to see me naked. I think you're doing it on purpose." Julie chuckled.

"Sorry, again. Shit. I just think about you and I appear."

"It's not like it's a big deal. You're a ghost. What is the big deal if you see me naked. We can't really do anything about it."

Ryan nodded before taking a seat on the tile floor. He had to admit that Julie had a lovely body. He averted his eyes the moment she turned her head to look at him.

"Did you finish the letters?" she asked.

"I finished the one to my parents, my siblings, one to preston, and one to Phillip."

"Phillip?"

"Johnny Knoxville's real name is Phillip John Clapp."

Julie nodded.

"Thanks, for helping me out. I know you're still a little confused about all of this-hell so am I."

"Ryan, I'm glad to help you. I would want someone to help me say goodbye to my family is I died in a tragic accident. Will you tell me what exactly happened-when you're ready I mean?"

Ryan rubbed his beard thinking about it. He knew he had to tell her eventually what had happened that night. It was still a little fuzzy, but starting to come back to him. How could he have been so fucking stupid? Ryan was responsible-if he was shit faced he would've had Zach drive or someone else drive them.

"Yeah, when I'm ready. I'll let you get back to your bath. I'm going to see if I can visit Bam for a bit."

Ryan closed his eyes and before Julie knew it she was alone in the bathroom once more. She sighed to herself. Once the water started getting cold she got out of the tub and wrapped a robe around her. She headed into the living room to see a stack full of pages written in Ryan's handwriting. She picked up the first page and began to read.

Preston,

Traveling the world with you has been an honor my friend. I never got the chance to say goodbye to you so now I am getting the chance thanks to Julie. I know you will think this is crazy, but she can see my ghost. Even if you don't-it's okay. Just know that I love you man and I always will! Do you remember in Norway when you stuck that tootpaste filled with mayonaise up my ass when I gave you the Jim Carrey bit bare assed? I told you that, 'things like that happen all the time in Scandonavia!', man that was a great memory. Don't be sad for me, I'm happy and I'm glad I get the chance to finally tell you goodbye. Julie is re-writing this for me so her handwriting will be a girly and shit. I will never forget the laughs we shared. And just know that I will be in heaven waiting for your sexy ass one day. So live life how I want you to live it; have fun, break shit, and find a beautiful girl who will be stupid enough to marry you. I love you man; forever and always! Oh, and I'm sorry about Lantz your friend who passed away in the Joplin, Missouri tornado. Whenever I get my unfinished business done we will both be up in heaven and I'll teach him some crazy bike jumps!

Random Hero aka Ryan Dunn



Julie read the other letters to his parents and his siblings. They were all so heartfelt and beautiful. He had told them the same thing he told Preston; that Julie could see him. She felt tears slide down her face; how could someone so wonderful as Ryan have this happen to him? He was loved by so many and Julie hoped that she could carry on his legacy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for my lack of updates. Just been extremely busy with work and life. Hope you like this chapter! If any of you have any ideas please feel free to let me know. Any help with my writers block right now will help!