Destiny of Camelot; Destiny of a Druid

Confronting The King

Sir Leon and a few other guards carried Ania in on a make-shift stretcher. Ania began to shake a little with anxiety; would she screw up in front of the King? Would he figure out she was a Druid and kill her on the spot? Ania wasn't scared to die, but she knew that she had a greater purpose to serve during the fight with Borsinmor so she could not risk being caught out so soon. They paused at the doors and Merlin grabbed her hand, Ania jumped but smiled across at Merlin.

Don't worry, Gaius and I will make sure everything's OK

Thank you

Ania smiled and they walked into the hall. The bouncing of the guards hurt Ania but not too much. They stopped at the King's Throne and the front guards knelt down. Someone took over for Sir Leon and he took his place next to Arthur who sat alongside his father.

"I understand you have some information of a certain Sorcerer that wishes to attack Camelot?" King Uther started.

Ania nodded, taking a deep breath.

"Yes" She whispered.

Clearing her throat, the King watched her and saw her shaking.

"You have nothing to fear in this Courtroom"

"Yes My Lord. We live on the outskirts of the lower town. We owned a farm there; my father and I. One night there was a knocking at the door, my father answered and a man came in. My father and him were friends, or they used to be before the man had disappeared from Camelot. Borsinmor had been talking with my father drunkenly, they got along well and I thought him to be a nice person, but his words became dark and his intentions for returning to Camelot came out. My father tried to make him change his mind and make him see his foolishness...but he didn't. He had told my father his plans and asked my father for help doing so and my father refused. Borsinmor killed him...he...he...used magic"

The Knights that where lined up on either side of Arthur and Uther's throne moved to see each other as they all chattered with the news. King Uther raised his hand in silence, Arthur leaned forward to speak.

"Do you know when he will launch his attack?" Arthur asked.

"I'm afraid not Sire. However, I know he will want a proper fight and will not use magic. His dream is to see your blood run down his sword, he will not kill you with magic and he will not kill the King; he wants him to watch."

Arthur's eyes opened and Ania bowed her head in respect.

"I'm sorry Sire, that is the grave news"

"Thank you. If it wasn't for you we would not know anything and not be able to prepare any sort of defence against the attack." Arthur said.

Ania nodded at him.

"Why didn't he kill you?" Uther had asked after a while.

Ania looked up into his eyes and could see the suspicion, the Knights started to stare at her too; in wonder. Ania blushed and hid her face in her shoulder.

"Forgive me. In his drunken state Borsinmor threw himself upon me...I managed to get him off me but he grabbed a sword and managed to pierce my side. He laughed and took the opportunity to get up and clear a space, I grabbed a broom and hit him hard over the head, I managed to make him fall and he fell unconscious; then I escaped here"

Uther's eyes widened in shock; all distrust gone. Arthur stared with his mouth open.

"I'm sorry you had to endure such sufferings, you can stay in the castle until you have everything sorted and you have healed to full health"

"Thank you Sire" She bowed her head.

The Knights carried her back out and Merlin followed her to Gaius's chambers. After the Knights left, Merlin and I waited in his room, listening for sounds of someone coming in.

"Merlin may I ask a favour?"

"Of course"

"Could you please...help heal me a little?" Ania asked sheepishly.

Merlin's eyes shone gold as he held his hand over her wound. Ania watched in awe as his hand started to glow. Ania pulled a face as she felt her wound starting to heal. She reached out and touched Merlin's arm, the magic stopped and he looked at her. Ania smiled kindly and lay her head back.

"Thank you Merlin. That will do for now, if I heal too quickly Uther and the others will figure somethings not quite right"

Merlin smiled down at her and nodded. He got up and looked down at her as she started to drift off. Merlin left her in peace, but couldn't stop thinking about her charming smile and lyrical voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys sorry I take so long updating and such but I will try getting back into the swing of things! This chapter is basically the last but in front of Uther. So more apologises!

The next few shall be better!

Sarah x