Status: On hold until Fall/Winter; latest chapter being rewritten

Falling is Easy

Oddity

Ailyn stares wide-eyed at the male in front of her as she takes in his features: blue eyes, blond hair, tall, and well-built. Where had she seen him before? She thinks back, catching a fragment of a memory. A decently sized office, a doctor, questions, this man and... a name. Mr. Collins? No... Heath. Realization dawns on her as she remembers what Mia told her before the forceful switch. Heath must be her boyfriend...

"Mia?"Ailyn glances up at him, her gaze meeting his. A smile forms unbidden on her face as she utters his name, not thinking twice before rushing to him. She throws her arms around him, holding tight. Heath laughs, returning the hug and smiles down at her. "Are you ready to go home?" He pauses, waiting for her response.

"The apartment?"

"Well, if this means you'd like to move in tonight, then of course. I'll take your apartment keys to your landlord tomorrow morning."He walks past her, picking up the bag he brought after the accident before turning to face her again. "I've already signed the release forms, so all that's left is for you to get your shoes and your purse." Ailyn smiles up at him, taking a seat on the edge of the bed so she can put on her shoes. She stands up moments later, grabs her purse from the nearby chair, and walks out of the room with Heath.

-

"This is my apartment," heath says, gesturing to the door in front of them. "I'll have a key made for you tomorrow as well, so that you can get back in without me." Heath unlocks the door and allows her to go inside first, before following. "Feel free to explore, you haven't been here in quite some time." Ailyn watches as he disappears down the hallway with her bag, taking a look around the apartment as she does so. She wanders out to the living room, her gaze landing on a chair that looks extremely out of place and very un-Heath like.

"Mia?"

"Is that my chair?" She asks tentatively, eyeing the large, overstuffed, hot pink monstrosity that's placed near the corner of the coffee table. Ailyn walks towards it, picks up a magazine from the table and pokes the cushion as if expecting it to bite her. Heath laughs as she pokes it again, then abandons the magazine and sits in the chair. He laughs even more at her expression when the cushion proceeds to sink three inches.

"It was the first thing you bought for the apartment when we decided to move in together. It's quite comfortable, actually." He pauses, glancing at the clock before addressing her again. "Are you hungry?" Ailyn nods in response, and Heath disappears into the kitchen after asking her if there's anything in particular that she'd like.

Her smile fades as she climbs out of the chair, looking more startled than ever. She carefully makes her way over to the kitchen peeking around the corner to see what Heath is doing. Upon seeing that he's quite busy with something on the stove, she turns away and proceeds down the hallway in search of the bathroom. An office and two closets later, she finds the bathroom, steps inside and shuts the door behind her.

Her heart pounds as she slowly makes her way toward the mirror, dreading what she'll see. Perhaps the mirror at the hospital was a trick? Maybe this was all a dream? Her heart sinks, when she gains the courage to look into the mirror and sees Mia staring back at her. "Great, it's not a dream." She jumps, looking at the mirror once more. Her words, her thoughts, but Mia's voice.

"Mia?" Ailyn whirls around, hurrying out of the bathroom and down the hallway. "There you are, I was just about to tell you that dinner's ready. Are you alright?" He asks, looking concerned at her scared expression.

"Of course, Heath." She says and hugs him, glancing up at him with a smile. "What's for dinner?" Heath smiles and shakes his head, telling her that she'll have to come see. "I'll be along in a minute." She calls heading down the hallway once more.

Ailyn blinks, looking around and finds herself in a walk in closet with no clue how she got there. The last thing she remembered was hearing Heath call for her while she was in front of the mirror. What was happening to her?
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for such a late update and for the shortness of the chapter. I hope you all like it and can bear with me as I'm slowly getting back into writing when I'm not in class.

Comments are welcome, as always, and I hope you''ll all stick around for the next chapter.