Sequel: Kids With Guns
Status: Completed

Don't Get Lost in Heaven.

Chapter Nine

November 15, 2005 Tuesday.

I couldn’t believe what had just occurred; my hands are shaking as I wipe up the blood from Danny’s lip and forehead. Oliver had made a clear cut there with his fists and now the two wounds were beginning to purple and swell up. Danny sat in a stupor on the toilet seat as I kneeled before him and dabbed more at his forehead.

“Why 're yeh with 'm, Sierra?”

“Because… because he keeps a roof over me 'ead,” I reply half-heartedly, “He feeds me an' makes me feel safe. I’d be ou' on the streets if it was'nt for 'm.”

Danny rolls his eyes and coughs, “Whateva, I 'ould do tha same if yeh jus' give me the chance. I’m yeh brother! 'M supposed to do tha, yet yeh 'ave this douche bag taking care o' yeh… fuck 'm.”
“Danny! Stop…” I murmur, “I don' wan' this to 'appen eva again. Once is enough…” I squeeze a clear ointment on a band-aid and put it on his forehead wound. The tears were threatening again so I quickly clamber to my feet, “Yeh guys need ta stop.”

My twin brother scoffs and slumps in an angle so he doesn’t look at me. I take it as a cue to leave and that’s exactly what I do. Just because he’s injured doesn’t mean I have to take his neglect.

Oliver is waiting for me out in the hallway and I almost twist on my heel to turn away from him, but I stop myself. Either way, I’ll have to face him eventually, so the sooner the better. He’s giving me a pouty, deserted expression and for some reason I just want to punch him. It only makes me feel worse when I stare into his large brown eyes.

“Wha' is it Oli?” I ask, crossing my arms and leaning on the wall next to me.

“Yeh brother pisses me off,” He growls, tilting his head back so he’s looking down at me past his nose.

I let out a gush of air from my half-parted mouth, “Can yeh jus' try to ge' along for a little while? 'M sure yeh guys will start to get along eventually if you two just try…”

Oliver frowns and pulls me into a hug, “M jus'... bein' jealous an' stupid. M’sorry, Sierra…”

December 2, 2005. Friday
9:45 pm.

"Ey."

Danny walks into the kitchen when Oli and I are standing.

"Uhh, Oli can I invite a friend tonigh'?"

Oli looks at me and I know he want to say to no, I nod my head and he looks at Danny.

"I guess... wo' is it?"

"Is my friend James... E's in tha band I told yeh I was startin up?"

"A'right, tha's fine as long as 'e doesn' steal me things."

"Thank yeh Oli."

Danny runs off down the dark hall.

"E wan's to be nice teh yeh Oli. An' if yeh ask meh e's doin a damn swell job a' containin' imslef."

"Yeah. I still want 'm ou' by Chris'mas eve Sierra."

"Oli! 'E 'as nowhere ta go."

"E shouldn't of fuckin' attacked meh then!"

"Oli... Yeh were being a proper asshole."

Matt walked into the kitchen with a girl I had never seen before. She helping him carry large brown paper bags filled with liver poison.

"Do yeh wan be out ther' with him? Huh?"

"No, bu' i don' wanna be throwin' 'm out on the street either, yeh jus being rude Oli an' yeh know it and yeh still don' care."

He laughed.

"M no' bein fuckin rude honey. If yeh wan' meh to be rude I'll give yeh rude."

"Oli... Leave 'er be a'right calm down we gon' 'ave fun tonigh ey??"

Matt interrupted smiling at us; he was good losing the room up a bit. Soon Tom and Curtis walked into the house with two paper bags each, Curtis also had a backpack, most likely filled with drugs. I still didn’t want Danny around anything but I guess I couldn’t say what goes and what doesn't.
Matt hugged me from the side and pulled Oli into the hug, we all smiled and Oli calmed down.

11:36 pm.

People had started to arrive and Danny and Tom are putting away the Xbox and the games. Matt walked up to Danny and handed him a full bottle of grey goose vodka. Danny immediately drank from the bottle smiling at Matt and saying something that I couldn’t hear over the music.
Danny came running over to me.

"I want yeh teh meet James."

"Yeh, a'right."

Danny led me over to a boy who was definatley around our age of younger, he was tall and slim.
There’s a dreamy look in this guy’s eyes and I can’t quite figure out why.

"James! Is me sister Sierra."

"Uh.. Hi."

He said looking very nervous rubbing the back of him neck, he smiled at me and went over to the couch to sit down.

Since Danny introduced us, James has been doing is staring dreamily at me and it’s beginning to give me the creeps. Though I do try to brush it off, guys staring like that really isn’t anything unusual for me. So why should it bother me now?

I was outside with Matt for a few hours and Oli came outside to sit with us.

"Sierra, Danny is lookin' for yeh."

"Where is he?"

"Yeh won' be 'appy. E's doing shit with Curtis at the kitchen table. 'E wanted you to do it with 'm"

"Oh."

I stood up and walked into the house finding Danny at the kitchen table with Curtis, Tom, and his friend James. I sat down next to Danny who was very happy to me.

"Sierra! I was lookin' fer yeh!"

I smiled at how happy and quirky he was.

"I 'eard."

He looked up at me and slid a piece of foil that had two lines on it, my hands got sweaty and I smiled at him. He moved one line over a bit scratching his head.

"I wan' yeh ta do it with meh, don' say yeh aven't done it I know yeh ave."

"Okay..."

I shrugged. He handed me a cut straw and he took a piece also.

"On three?"

He asked smiling at me.

"On three!"

"One two three!"

Hello insanity.