I Ain't Waiting For The World To Change

Chapter Twenty-Two

„So I wonder ... Why did the guys made such a show while you're sitting here and don't complain? Please tell me you're not fainting,“ Tracey said and I laughed. She was tattooing me – one of the pros to have an artist on tour with you.

„Hey, we did not,“ Zacky complained from the chair in front of me.

„Don't you have to go?“

„Still have some minutes,“ he said with a smirk on his face.

„What about shopping after that?“ Tracey asked. The guys had an interview today and I would have stayed alone at the tour bus, but I had asked Tracey if she would spend the night with me and she had agreed.

“I'm not really into shopping,” I admitted and thought about the shopping trip I had with Gena and so on. It had been awful!

“Me neither, but come on this will be fun. You'll see, shopping with me is different,” I could hear the smirk in her voice.

“Alright,” I finally agreed. I mean we would have the whole evening for us and an hour of shopping couldn't be that bad. And maybe they'd have a hot topic there, so I could buy some stuff myself.

“How long do you think you'll need for the rest?” I asked as soon as Tracey switched the place and now sat in front of me to do the front side of my tattoo. We had decided that we would go further with my cherry blossom tree than it had been before.

“Give me twenty minutes and I'll be finished,” she said and I relaxed again.

“Entertain me, Zacky, I'm bored,” I complained like a kid.

“Sorry, no time for a strip,” he smirked and got up from his chair. I made a disgusted noise and told him I was glad he would leave now. He chuckled and pressed his lips to my forehead and wished me fun tonight.

Sometimes it was pretty irritating with the guys. They acted like they were my fathers or big brothers sometimes – so annoying! I mean they were only 6 years older than me. Except Johnny – and I was glad he didn't act that way. Speaking of the devil he just came through the door. We were in a hotel room that we had to check out in some hours. I had decided I didn't need to sleep in a hotel, it would be fun to be alone in the bus.

He gave me a goodbye kiss and turned to Tracey who had stopped her work. “Keep an eye on her,” he said playfully.

“Maybe she should have an eye on me,” Tracey said in the same tone and held out her cheek so he could peek it. He rolled his eyes and left the room.

She was right, she didn't even need twenty minutes and when I looked into the mirror I had to admit she was pretty good. It was better than the rest of my tattoo and I loved it!

“Let us clean the mess and get our things in the bus, so we can check out,” she said and that was exactly what we did.

And she was right – a shopping trip with Tracey was nothing you have experienced before! We had so much fun, tried stupid clothes on and stuff like that. We earned a lot of attention from the people around us. It went so far, that we were almost kicked out of the mall. So we walked our way home and passed a liquor shop. Tracey grabbed my hand and dragged me into the shop.

“What do we want? Jack, Tequila?” she asked.

“The same old stuff we have at the bus, if the guys haven't taken advantage of it. I vote for something special,” I said and looked at the bottles in front of me.

“We go with Malibu cherry, I haven't had that in ages,” Tracey decided and grabbed two bottles Malibu rum and two bottles cherry coke.

“Don't we need more coke?” I asked and grabbed another bottle. We paid for it and made our way over to the tour bus. As we didn't know anything here we decided to take some Chinese food with us before we would be starving, 'cause we didn't know a phone number of a delivery service.

There weren't that many people, the place where the huge bus stand seemed very desolated. We walked towards it and weren't even asked who we were. Very unusual! I shrugged it off and was glad when we were inside the warm bus. It had been pretty cold out there and my light leather jacket wasn't the best thing to save me from the cold breeze.

“I make myself a home, okay?” Tracey yelled and I could her some stirring of glass.

“Sure,” I said and grabbed past her to get some plates. She looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

“Alright, no plates,” I shrugged it off and walked into the sitting area and watched while the other woman filled our glasses.

“Isn't that too much Malibu?” I asked when I saw that half of the glass was filled with it.

“You only live once,” she said and sat down next to me. We clinked and then took a sip.

“I will not live long after more of that,” I said and grabbed into the bag to take out my food. “So what will we do today except getting hammered?” I asked and smiled when I smelled the good scent of the food.

“Let's watch a movie,” Tracey suggested and we decided to put in one of Zacky's horror movies. I only agreed 'cause I knew that we would rather talk and drink than watch it.

“Sooo, you and Johnny uh?” she said to start the conversation.

“Yeah,” I tried to hide it, but I smiled at my food just that she didn't see how happy I was.

“That's kind of cute and was just a matter of time,” she said and I knew without looking up that she stared at me.

“Why's that?” I still looked at my interesting food on my plastic fork before shoving it in my mouth.

“Oh I saw you two at the wedding, it was kind of obvious for me that you two had a thing for each other. Actually I thought you were a couple then,” she admitted and finally I looked at her.

“Really?” I asked and grabbed for my glass to take a sip.

“Yeah, you're cute together,” she said.

“I hope it's not too much to ask for with this whole... uh how to name it? Fake a date thing?” She laughed when I named it and I even had to chuckle a bit.

“No, it's not a problem at all. I like Johnny, as a friend and I don't mind spending time with him,” she said. “Hope it's not a problem for you.”

“Uh no, that's alright. I'm not the jealous type of girl. And if I were I think I would have a problem with dating a famous guy,” I said.

“Yeah, with all these teenage girls after him,” came her reply and I don't know why, but I had to laugh at that comment and she soon joined it.

“What do you think, should we hear their interview? I think it starts in about fifteen minutes,” she said and I raised an eyebrow.

“How should we do that? They have traveled down I doubt we can get the sender.”

“You have a laptop, don't you? We can watch it via internet and if we're some lucky girls, we can see the famous M. Shadows via webcam,” she said and her voice got high so she sounded like a teenage girl.

“Alright I'll get it and you make us another one of this,” I pointed at my empty glass right in front of me.

“Sure thing,” was her reply before she got up.

We sat down again and when it was about time the interview started and we both had some more alcohol in our veins than before. We sat there with crossed legs, the laptop on the table and our glasses in our hands.

“3...2...1... and here the fun begins,” we yelled excited. Well don't blame us for being lightly drunk. We had killed one bottle in less than an hour and haven't even eaten all of our food.

“This is soooo boring,” Tracey complained after some time.

“You're right, we need more booze,” I yelled and got off and walked to the counter and had to grab the wood so I wouldn't lose balance. I filled our glass with Malibu and took the coke from the counter but realized the bottle was empty. “We're out of coke, I think we have only some rockstars in the fridge,” I said out loud.

“Then we'll drink it how it is,” Tracey said and at this moment the interviewer said that right after the song you had the chance to talk to Avenged Sevenfold and ask some questions. “Where's my phone? Where is it?” Tracey jumped up and searched under the pillows on the sitting area until she found it.

“What are you doing?” I asked and tried to make my way back without spilling the good stuff on the carpet.

“This will be so much fun,” she yelled excited. The song ended and there was a girl who made a bit small talk with the guys and told them how much she loved them and stuff like that. The guys smiled and assured her that they really appreciate her support. “So who's the next one? Hey, what's your name?” I heard the interviewer say.

“Uh, Tiffany,” I could hear Tracey saying next to me and my eyes widened. I could hear her voice also through the speakers. This was kind of a joke, wasn't it? “Oh my gosh I can't believe I can see M. Shadows. I'm such a huuuge fan,” she almost screamed and her voice got so high, I could see that Syn removed his headphones from his ears. I began to chuckle and Tracey had a huge grin plastered on her face while her hand covered my mouth so I wouldn't laugh out loud.

“Hey, Tiffany. Great to hear you,” Matt said and showed off his dimple smile.

“So, Tiffany, do you have a question for the guys?” the interviewer asked and I was curious what she would say.

“Yeah I so have,” she said and I really did hope she wouldn't ask something about me. I swear I would kill her if she made things more awkward!

“And what would that be?” The interviewer tried to keep her talking.

“We don't bite,” Zacky said.

“Maybe I want to be bitten?” I had to laugh again and she shoved a pillow in my face. She wanted to go further but I could hear a loud beeping from the phone and through the speakers. “The fuckers have disconnected me,” Tracey said surprised.

“Oh, I'm sorry to say, but there were some problems with the connection,” the interviewer said and went on like nothing had happened. “Connection my ass,” the woman next to me snorted and dialed the number again.

“So, who's next?” the interviewer went on.

“It's Luke, dude. Actually I have a question for Kay, but she's not with you guys so I wondered where she is.”

I tensed up as this question came. I don't know why, but I was pretty sure, that this wouldn't go that well. ­”Don't look at Johnny, just don't look at Johnny,” Tracey begged. But Brian and Zacky both looked at Johnny, who looked a bit uncomfortable. Matt barged in: “She couldn't make it today, she had some other stuff to do, sorry to say, dude.” Well, to be honest, the radio hadn't invited me.

“You stupid idiots,” I yelled at the guitarist. I mean they couldn't have made it more obvious.

“So, then I wondered... Is it right, you're dating her, Johnny?” Luke asked his second question.

Johnny laughed. “'cause you saw me shopping with her? I mean she's not the only one I visited a mall with. I was one time shopping with Shadz and nobody asked me, if he was my date,” he said and the people in the room laughed. “And before you ask, no, she's not pregnant.”

“Alright, thanks for your call, Luke,” the stupid guy from the radio said and told that they would hear some more music, before they could ask more questions.

“Who had thought the gnome would play so well?” Tracey said, still trying to get in the line again.

“Hey, stop calling my man like that,” I said and shoved the pillow in her face.

“So he's your man now?” she asked giggly and wiggled her eyebrows which just caused me to turn a darker shade of red.

“Oh shut up,” I said and shoved another pillow in her face which turned out into a huge pillow fight. We forgot about the interview and decided to get into something more comfortable after our little fight. As I didn't want Tracey to walk through the dark to the other bus, where she was living with the crew, I gave her something of my clothes. “Gosh, your boobs are about to fall out of that,” I said and stared at her.

“Yeah but other than that, it fits perfectly,” she said and pulled it a bit more up to cover her breasts more. We walked back to our place and snuggled up down the sitting area. We decided we wouldn't want to watch the interview further and just sat there and talked.

“So, you know that I had this huge crush on Matt, when I met him first?” she asked.

“No way,” I said. I couldn't imagine Matt with someone other than Val.

“Yeah, I didn't know that he was with Val and I was a bit bummed when I found out he had a girl. So I decided I would hate her when I meet her, but you know her. She's such a sweetheart I couldn't hate her.”

“Does she know about that?” I asked curious.

“Yeah, I told her. And I'm pretty sure, that Matt also knows that I had a thing for him. But that's alright, 'cause as soon as I saw the two of them together I knew that no one had a chance with him,” she winked at me. “Maybe you and Johnny will be the next couple like that,” she said.

I laughed out loud. “I really do doubt it. We're not the normal people,” I said.

“Yeah we know, but who's normal?”

“You're not. I mean you called your friends at a radio station and acted like a teenage fan,” I laughed again.

“And got kicked out,” she pointed out.

“Yeah, that too. So what about watching a movie, and this time we'll really watch it.” So this is what we did. For hours. Well we still talked about things but it was 7 a.m. when the guys came back and we were still lying on the sitting area and watching a stupid movie.

“Gosh what happened here?” Matt asked when he entered the bus.

“Uh?” we both made and played dumb. Well it looked bad – really bad! At one point in the night we had painted our nails and all the items lay there – with the empty alcohol bottles. Oh and Tracey and I had become bored and made ourselves tattoos – only with ballpoints.

And now the two of us were cuddling on the sofa and I think we looked pretty bad.

“Have the two of you slept at all?” Zacky asked while he looked around and found the cans of Rockstars on the counter.

“Nope,” I said and popped the p.

“When will we be on the road again?” Tracey asked groggy.

“Thirty minutes,” Matt answered and Tracey got up and almost fell on her face as she stumbled in the blanket. I laughed when I could see her back and the most beautiful tattoo which was ever drawn – not. Have I mentioned before that that was something I couldn't do at all?

“Stop laughing,” Tracey said and shoved a pillow in my face.

“Oh not again a pillow fight,” I said and held my hands up in defense. “I'm tired.”

“Yeah, me too. See you later,” she said and kissed my cheek. “I'll borrow your jacket,” she said and took it to cover herself when she walked to her own bus. “Bye boys, see you later,” she said and left me with the mess and the boys who still looked like they couldn't believe what they saw.

“I'm taking a shower before we're on the road,” I said and got myself up. When I walked past the boys Matt grabbed my arm and looked at it before he cracked up.

“What is it?” Brian said and looked over Matt's shoulder to see why he was laughing. Tracey had drawn a big heart on my upper arm with a 'Short Shit' in it.

“Hey Johnny, look at this,” Brian laughed and Matt stepped aside so Johnny could look at it. He also laughed and I finally managed to get my shower. I stepped outside and went down the bunks to see that the curtains of Brian, Zacky and Matt's bunk were closed. I changed into a top and some shorts and went back to the living area to clean up the mess before I would also go to bed.

But as I entered the room again I saw Johnny who put some pillows on the couch. “Aw, you did it for me? You didn't have to do it, you know,” I said and walked towards him.

“I know, but I thought you should sleep a little bit,” he smirked at me and put his hands on my hips and kissed my lips softly. I grabbed his hand and dragged him with me as I lay down on the comfortable leather couch. It was big enough for the two of us laying there and there could easily be another one.

He wrapped his arms around me and I laid my head against his chest and breathed in his scent. “Why don't we have more of this time?” I mumbled in his shirt.

“I dunno,” he sighed and pulled me closer. “If you would have my real name in it, it would be a huge turn on,” he said and his hands traveled over my upper arm where I had tried to scrub off the painting.

“I would never tattoo someone's name,” I mumbled. “You never know what will happen and I think it's kind of stupid. I mean I know how the ones I love are called. See I'm happy I didn't have Bryans name tattooed and instead my Soulmates tattoo. I would have regretted anything else,” I mumbled sleepy.

“I know what you mean. You had fun with Tracey?” he changed the topic.

“Yeah I had, it was really good spending some time with her,” I smiled. “But I wanna spent time with you, you know. We have to think about something, when I have rested a bit.”

“Yeah, at least we'll have time for ourselves around Christmas,” he said and kissed my head.

“Uh, I won't be in Huntington for Christmas,” I said awkwardly and tried to look in his eyes. “I told you, I'll be in Sacramento to be with my family again.”

“But you'll be back for New Years Eve, right?” he asked hopefully.

“If you want me too, I'll come back then,” I said and he smiled at me before kissing my lips.

“Of course I want you to be with me,” he mumbled. “And now sleep, don't want you to fall asleep on your drums later,” he chuckled and I put my head back against his chest and closed my eyes. His hands were on my back and he rubbed it lightly while my arms were around his waist and I kissed his chest before falling asleep. It felt good being with him so near at my side and I knew that I have these huge feelings for him. I was glad he returned them – at least I hoped so.