Broken Hearted

Farewell Party

The weeks went by so fast I hardly realised the date until the alarm on my phone stated it. Tonight was Lukes leaving party. Even though his mother and I hadnt spoken since the instant when Luke announced that he would be leaving, she had seen fit - or Mr Tucker had- to invite me and my family to their's for a goodbye party. In four days he would be gone, for at least six months if not longer. Yes, today was going to be hard, but not as bad as Wednesday will be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kenny and Liam had a ride with us so I wouldnt be on my own in that house with her breathing down my neck and giving me the evil eye. Luke welcomed us in and immediately took my hand and introduced me to the family I had yet to meet. As I entered I was aware of the awkwardness radiating from Mrs Tucker who was perched on the arm of a chair in the corner.

"Baby whats wrong? You seem off?" Luke whispered into my ear. I just shook my head and smiled up at him. The last thing he needed was me complaining when he was about to go off to war.

"Need a glass of water. Be right back." I said kissing his cheek before heading for the door.

In the kitchen stood Hannah. Luke younger sister. She was only eight. She sat on a lagoon venice bar stool, with a glass of quash and a fairy cake.

"Hey kiddo. What ya' doing on your own?" I asked whilst reaching for a glass from the cupboard above the sink.

"Nobody will tell me whats happening. I know Lukey is going away to somewhere bad. I know he wont read me stories before bed. But no-one will say where he's going, when he's coming back or why I cant visit him." She sighed looking into her glass. I slid into the seat next to her pondering how I would respond to that without angering anyone or upsetting her.

"Well baban, you love Luke and want him to be happy right?" to which she nodded. "Well Luke is going away somewhere where he is going to be happy in a way. But he is also going to be doing a very brave job. His job protects us here in a way and he is being a big brother by being brave enough to go away and help out other big brothers cause that's what they do. But it doesnt mean that he loves us any less because he's not around, he loves us even more by going away. And I tell you what, If you want we will record Luke reading you stories and then we can play them to you at night so its like he never left and before you know it he'll be back home. Sound good?"

"Yeah" She beamed then looking over my shoulder, " You'll do that wont you Lukey?"

"Of course kiddo. Can you leave me and Sarah to talk for a bit? Thanks" He paused for a second until Hannah was completely out of earshot. "Your brilliant with her you know."

"She adorable" I smiled. I had picture us one day maybe settling down with a family, but now nothing can be assumed. Luke walked over to me wrapping his arms around my waist, kissing my neck seductively and without thought I moaned quietly. He knew it was my soft spot what was he trying to do?

" There is a private party for two waiting up stairs....if your interested." He said nipping at my neck. With that he took my hand and led me up to his room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lay across Lukes chest in total bliss with his arm wrapped around me, tickling my arm and back. Lifting my head slightly and turning to face Luke, he leaned forward to kiss my lips.

" Your my first and hopefully my only." I said smiling. " That was amazing" I giggled.

" You know I will always loveyou baby no matter what."

The next moment Lukes bedroom door swung open, in the doorway stood a very shocked Mrs Tucker. She looked between me and her son, outraged with the sight that was greeting her.

"You SLUT" She spat. " You disgust me. Get out now. GO!"

"Mum, this was me. I wanted this. I wanted her. I love her and she will always be mine. You have to except that now get out of my room!" He was rather calm but firm at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I know its been ages but let me know what you think please xD xx