Status: active :)

Untitled

I'm not to young to party, but you're to young to play daddy

When I arrived at my house Casey was waiting in the driveway. “Come on! Move faster, we only have one hour until we have to leave for the party!”
“Sorry, I just needed some air.”
“No talking, we’ve got to get to work.” She grabbed my wrist and hauled me into the house and upstairs to my room. She whipped off the black trench coat that she had been wearing, revealing a short, red, strapless cocktail dress. “What do you think?” she asked gesturing to the dress.
“Well,” I started,” I think that its 40° outside, and your boobs might fall out of the thing.”
“Well, I was going to ask you for black long sleeve shirt, so I don’t look like a total skank.” She said as that was obvious and I was completely obvious.
“Why would you even want to look a little skanky!” I asked as I searched for the long sleeve shirt in my closet.
“To get Tanner’s attention, duh!”
“Wait a sec, so you like Tanner now? You told me like two days ago that you liked Matt.”
She placed her hand on my shoulder and gave me a look that said ‘oh you sweet, innocent, pathetic little girl. You’ll never understand.’ Then she actually said,” The only reason said I liked Matt was because I thought Lindsey liked Tanner, but I talked to her and she told me to go after him. So I am!!” she squealed and I pretended to be excited for her, but in reality I just didn’t get this whole thing……..at all.”Now that Im ready, it’s time to fix you up!” Oh Lord, help me.
Within thirty minutes she had my makeup done and my hair completely straight and not frizzy (a miracle). She pulled a dress out of her gigantic purse for me. First she put me in a green long sleeved shirt, and a blue satin strapless dress identical to hers with the exception of color. She put me in lacy black tights and high heeled ankle boots. She threw a coat over me and pulled me out the door, before my mother could see what I was wearing. Casey threw me in the passenger seat of her car and started up the car. The benefits of being friends with a girl whose parents went through an ugly divorce. They gave her a hardship, so they wouldn’t have to see each other. Yeah, it was that ugly.
When we arrived at Tanner’s house there were cars everywhere. Casey could barely find a place to park. ‘Strange,’ I thought,’for a freshmen party.’ Inside the house the music was blaring and the rooms were full of people I didn’t recognize, until Tanner appeared right in front of us. “Hey Case,” he smiled as he winked at her, totally ignoring me. “Can I take your coats?” he asked acknowledging me for the first time.
“Sure,” Casey giggled and handed over the black trench coat, revealing her almost skanky outfit. Tanner stared, I could actually see his draw drop, that was not an expression in this case. He pulled himself together and I reluctantly gave him my coat.
Just then there was a voice behind me,”Paige?”
I turned and in the doorway stood Austin, Melanie, Jake,and Jaci. “Uh……” was all I said before Cody stepped in behind them. His eyes widened taking in my clothing and I had the urge to snatch my coat back from Tanner. “What are you doing here?” Austin questioned.
“Well I think it’s obvious I’m at Tanner’s party. What are you doing here?”
“I’m at Cameron’s house because she invited us.”
Tanner cut in,” Well, my sister’s upstairs.”
“You need to go home. You shouldn’t be out partying, you’re too young.” Austin said ignoring Tanner completely.
“Well, you’re a bit to young to be playing dad.” I said turning around to look at Casey.” Come on Case, let’s have some fun!”
“I like the pissed you.” she whispered in my ear, hooking our arms together at the elbows. We set off towards the living room, well I thought that’s where we were going until Casey pulled me through the party in the living room and onto the back porch. It was warm on the deck due to all of the portable heaters placed all over the railing of the deck. “Ok, spill.” Casey pulled me in front of her.
“Huh?” I asked wondering what on Earth she was talking about.
“Come on,” she griped.” do not play dumb with me. Shaggy brown hair, blue eyes. I know something’s going on between you two.”
I was dumb founded. Was it that obvious or did Casey have superhuman relationship-seeing powers. “Uh…..” was all I said.
“Why didn’t you tell me?!!!”
“Tell you what?”
“That you liked him! Come on, give me the details!”
I grabbed her arm and dragged her to an empty corner of the deck. “Now is not the time to have this discussion!” I hissed.
She started jumping up and down. “Omigod omigod omigod!!!! I knew something was going on!! I must be psychic!! I want to know everything…NOW!!!”
“What about Tanner?” I asked in a useless attempt to distract her.
“Nope, Tanner can wait.”
“Fine, but no one can know. Like, you cant even tell God.”
“Gosh, fine!”
Reluctantly I said,” Well you know those snow days we had last week?” she nodded.” Well he stayed the night and we hung out, then he kissed me.” Casey gasped, but I pretended not to notice. “And he took me on our first date earlier today.”
“Wait so are you guys like having a secret romance! Omigod! That’s…. well I don’t know whether it’s hot or romantic!! You are spending the night tonight, and you will tell me everything!” I nodded because there was no point in arguing with Casey. She took my hand pulling me back into the party.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't be a silent reader........ Can I at least get one comment before my next update!
Love, Claire