Sequel: Warmness On The Soul.
Status: finished

Big Bad Handsome Man

One.

“I know exactly where all my jewelry is Kara. They are marked in their places and if I see one of them even slightly the bit moved I will ground you. Also I know exactly how much money I have hidden, and how much your step sister has. If any of our things are missing you will pay. Also no boys or any of your weird little friends are allowed over.” My Step-Mother Karen barked at me, placing her luggage on the front porch. The butler grabbed yet another bag before scurrying off to the car. I felt so bad for him, he was over sixty and she worked him like a dog everyday. Luckily after he took her to the airport he’d be taking time off. It was my little way of thanking him for everything he had done.

“She’s not even listening, Mommy I don’t want her touching my things!” Jenny whined stomping her foot.

I glared at my step sister before turning back to Karen. “I understand is there anything else you need to tell me?” I asked.

She looked me up and down before shaking her head. “No, wait; I want the house clean when we get back.” She added as Jenny stepped outside. “Otherwise just don’t get into our stuff.”

I nodded my head, pretending to care as she muttered a good-bye, stepped out the door, and locked it. As soon as she left I let out a loud sigh of relief, I had been looking forward to her leaving for weeks. Her and my lovely step sister were going to Florida, something about a vocal trainer for Jenny’s voice. She was ‘trying’ to become a famous pop star, but a dying cat could sing better than her.

Even if Karen was worse than the Step-Mother from Cinderella I had to appreciate that she took care of me after the accident. But than again, it had partly been her fault. She had yelled at him to go to the store and get ice-cream for her and Jenny, and of course my Dad went. I used to think that he put up with her because she was a good person and he loved her, now I think he just wanted to shut her up as quickly as possible. Long story short he got clipped by another car, flipped, and didn’t make it.

I strolled into the living room, plopping down onto the large couch. This house was creepy when it was quiet, and the weather had called for a thunderstorm. I had this annoying feeling that someone was watching me and something bad was going to happen. I gazed out the window, seeing nothing but a few cars parked in the street and dark clouds getting closer.

A frown tugged at my lips when I spotted a black Hummer parked outside. Normally I would’ve over looked it, except for the fact it had been parked there since yesterday. Even when it parked there I hadn’t seen anyone come out of it, or go out to it. A loud crack of thunder made me jump and nearly fall off the sofa. I panted for a few seconds, realizing how paranoid I was right now.

“Gosh Kara, you’ll end up going crazy before Karen goes back.” I laughed weakly to myself.

Unknown POV”

“Do you think she saw us?”

“The windows are tinted, there’s no way she could’ve seen us. Calm down.” I muttered.

“Are you sure we won’t get caught? If we cut the wrong wire the alarm will go off and the cops will be here in a few moments. There won’t be any way for us to take off in time with the girl; we’d have to leave her behind.”

“We won’t mess up, as soon as it starts raining and she falls asleep we’ll go in. Just make sure to keep the Hummer running and bring the tape, we don’t need the neighbors hearing. If I can I’ll open the garage and we can get her in the car through there. Lessen the chance of getting seen by anyone, once we get to the house make sure we have girl shit for her.”

“But dude she’s supposed to be-”

“From what I’ve heard she doesn’t like Karen that much. We’re only using her as black mail; I don’t want her kept in chains half starved to death. Plus if she’s more comfortable she might not try finding her way out or something.” I barked.

Kara’s POV:

I hated the feeling of just waking up, the moment when you’re so comfortable from being asleep and slowly you’re waking up. I groaned, rolling onto my stomach in an attempt to fall back asleep. I was just about to fall back asleep when a loud breaking sound echoed through the house. My eyes snapped open, and for a second I wasn’t sure if I was imaging things.

Part of me wanted to believe it was lightening, but I hadn’t heard lightening sound like breaking class before. A few seconds later my eyes widened as I heard the backdoor opening. I stood up slowly, tip toeing over to the hallway. Poking my head out into the hall I felt my heart drop into my stomach when I saw light in my kitchen. I had turned all the lights off before I fell asleep; I liked sleeping in the dark.

“Jimmy be careful!”

Right after someone said that a loud crash followed the sound of a pot landing onto the floor. Taking it as an opportunity I dashed to the staircase, trying to be as quiet as I hurried up the stairs.

“What was that?”

“Fuck I think she’s up.”

I hurried towards my bedroom; I quickly opened the door and slammed it shut, without going inside. I was hoping to throw them off as I darted into the hallway closet. They’d be busy looking in my room, maybe they’d think I escaped through the window. Than if they went outside I could run into Karen’s room and use the phone to call the cops.

I sat down on the floor quietly, bringing my knees up to my chest. My heartbeat was echoing in my head, and a sense of fear was finally spreading through me. I was praying that my breathing was as loud and raspy as it sounded to me, otherwise my little plan wouldn’t work at all.

I could hear them going through the rooms, cursing at each other and calling my name. I felt the tears welling up in my eyes; I wanted this to be a horrible nightmare; that was the only explanation. Any moment now I’d wake up, laugh and go and make myself food. This was just a nightmare.

“God damn it Jimmy I swear if she fucking took off I’ll have your balls cut off.” A raspy voice growled.

“Well people shouldn’t be leaving pots right on the edge of the damn counter!” Another voice whined. “She couldn’t have gotten out the Berry’s would’ve seen her!”

“Not if she ran through the backyard.” The low voice muttered. “Check her room, I’ll check down here.”

I let out a quiet sigh and leaned my head back. Only to groan in horror when my head smacked the vacuum and made a loud noise. There went my hiding place.

In a matter of seconds the closet door swung open, a huge body blocking the doorway. I tried to throw myself past them, but of course it was useless. In a matter of seconds their arms wrapped around my waist and hoisted me over their shoulder. I groaned when my ribs slammed against their shoulder, whoever was holding me definitely had some strength. Dazed, I didn’t even notice my ankles had already been tied together until someone grasped my hands together and started tying.

“LET ME GO!” I tore my hands away from them, raising them and striking at them. I managed to knick their fedora, knocking it off their head and onto the floor. I glared at the man in front of me, hoping to look somewhat intimidating.

“Jimmy, Zacky go get some shit she might need from her room, Johnny get the car started and tell the Berry’s we’re okay.” The man holding me grunted, shifting me around. “And cupcake, don’t hit Brian.” He chucked glancing at me.

“You’re not real.” The words slipped from my mouth before I could even think.

“What?” The man asked frowning, all I could see was my reflection in his aviators, and I didn’t even look scared.

“Your not real, I’m asleep, your all just a dream. Any moment now I’ll wake up and be on the sofa, and the TV will have on some stupid infomercial. You’re all just a figment of my imagination, I’m not being kidnapped. I have to say this is the most realistic dream I have e- OW!” My eyes snapped back to the fedora man in front of me.

He had pinched me.
I had been pinched.
It hurt…
IT HURT?

Oh dear god, I wasn’t dreaming…

In a matter of seconds I went from strong to a crying mess. Tears poured from my eyes and I started begging them to put me down and leave me alone. This couldn’t be happening, I never bothered anyone, I was a good student, why the hell was I being kidnapped?

“Kara stop crying.”

I ignored the man holding me and continued to cry, pleading to both of them to let me go. I was willing to do whatever it took for them to let me go. Id’ cut off my own arm if it meant they wouldn’t kidnap me. My chest suddenly started to feel like it was tightening, and my breathing started to come in rasps.

“Fuck, Matt what do I do she’s like choking!” Fedora Man yelled looking at me with horror.

From behind Fedora Man a taller man came running out, holding something that looked familiar. Before I had time to think he had shoved my inhaler into my mouth and pressed down on the top. Right away I took in the medicine, panting between each take.

“Fuck, make sure to bring that with us.” Fedora Man muttered. “Now Kara, if you promise not to cry or bite any of us I won’t put tape over your mouth.”

“You can trust us; we don’t want to hurt you.” Aviator Man said shifting me on his shoulder. “It might sound hard to believe.” He added.

I looked at both of them for a few seconds before bowing my head down and nodding slowly. There was no way I was going to get out of this. I didn’t even know how many guys were in the house, so even if I did get down I wouldn’t get very far. But, if I waited until I was at their place and they were sleeping I could find a way out.

Right?
♠ ♠ ♠
short, but it's the beginning.
comments?