Sequel: Warmness On The Soul.
Status: finished

Big Bad Handsome Man

Four.

Val stared at me for a total of five seconds before walking over to Matt and smacking upside the head. An angry look crossing over her small features.
.
“Matthew Charles Sanders! Why the fuck didn’t you guys tell me you were going to do it sooner? I should’ve gone with you dumb asses, you five are scary looking, the poor girl must’ve been terrified.” She landed another smack upside Matt’s head.

I couldn’t help but giggle, the look on his face was like a little boy who got caught stealing cookies. All of the guys had matching faces; it was the cutest yet funniest thing I had ever seen in my life. Val gave them all a dirty look before smiling at me, the anger gone from her face.

“Did the clothes fit?” She asked, sitting down in the chair Brian had just gotten out of.

I nodded slowly, “um… kind of.” I answered, moving the food on my plate around. “One of the um… girl things was two sizes too small.” I muttered scratching at my chest, hoping she’d get the hint.

“Oh… ohh, OH!” She finally caught on. “I’ll take them back and get the right size; I had to guess what size you were from the pictures the guys gave me.” She grinned. "Have they been treating you alright?" She asked giving Matt a wary glance.

I nodded, “Mhm, they didn’t hurt me or anything, they even made sure I had my inhaler all night.” I replied shoving another piece of egg into my mouth.

“All night?” She looked towards Matt, one of her slim eyebrows raised. “Explanation?”

“I didn’t want her to be alone and start crying and not be able to get her inhaler Val.” He replied sending her a glare. “Don’t give me that look; you know I don’t want anything to happen to her.”

She held up her hands, “chill, I was just asking.” She shook her head before turning back to me. “Well, don’t let them scare you; these boys are big teddy bears. Make them food and play some video games and they’ll love you forever.”

“Hey, it is harder than that to win my love!” Jimmy piped.

“Jimmy want my food?”

“Ooooh Kara I love you.”

Matt’s POV:

“Was she even scared last night?” Val asked.

We were both sitting on the front porch, talking about what happened the night before. I had always liked Val, but our relationship never really made it through. I was okay though, so was she, we were more like brother and sister now.

I nodded, “kind of, at first she thought it was a dream. So Brian pinched her and once she realized it was real she started panicking. Good thing Jimmy spotted her inhaler; otherwise I wouldn’t have known what to do.” I rubbed my hands together. “I let her sleep in my room last night, and when I walked in she was crying from a nightmare about her Dad Val.”

She let out a slow breath, looking out on the street. “Matt, are you sure you want to do this? We can take her home right now; it won’t be a big deal at all.”

“I have to do this Val… after everything Karen put us through, after what she did to you…” I looked down at the porch, running my hands over my hair.

“Matthew, I don’t blame you or the guys for what happened. I don’t blame Kara’s Dad either, sure I want to get back at that bitch… but kidnapping her step child doesn’t really seem like the right way to do things.” She sighed. “We didn’t know she tampered with my medicine, it’s no one’s fault but hers.”

“I made you lose your baby Valary.”

She was quiet for a few moments, most likely trying to not get upset. I knew I shouldn’t have brought it up, but I needed her to try and see this from my point of view. Finally I felt her smaller hand rubbing my back, trying to get me to calm down.

“You didn’t make me lose the baby; neither did the guys, Kara’s Dad, or Kara. All of this is Karen’s fault… bad things happen to good people Matt, but if you learn from it, and don’t let it destroy you than you get one small good thing from it.” Val answered quietly. “I know you think this is the right thing to do, and I also know part of you doubts this. But whatever you decide just learn from it, and don’t get hurt. I’ve got to get going home, James is waiting. If Kara needs anything girly just call me, and don’t try sleeping with the poor girl.”

I groaned, “not helping Val.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again it's short, and I apologize.
But after this chapter things will get longer, it'll also have a very small time skip.
These past few chapters have been setting up everything that's happened.

also, please please please!
go read my new story!
It features logan marshall-green, the yummy guy from Devil<3
but even if you don't know who he is please check it out.