Sequel: Warmness On The Soul.
Status: finished

Big Bad Handsome Man

Five.

I was so content right now, one arm over Matt’s chest while my head rested the crook of his neck. I had just woken up from a nap, and didn’t want to move. I wanted this to last for as long as possible. I knew it wasn’t right since he was the person who kidnapped me, but I couldn’t help it.

It had been a week since they had taken me, and I was having a better time than I would have at home alone. I didn’t ask if they had talked to Karen, or how things were going. I didn’t want to think that I’d have to go back home to her, I was hoping Matt would keep me around. I liked being here with the guys, and especially with him.

Matt started to stir, his grip on my waist tightening on reaction. I smiled softly, snuggling closer to his chest as he started to wake up. He yawned before looking down at me, a sleepy smile on his face. He leaned down and pressed his lips to my forehead, making a blush spread across my cheeks.

A few days ago he had pecked me on the forehead. It ranged from my hand, forehead, or cheek, but never my lips. The guys would tease me afterwards, because my cheeks would be redder than a tomato.

“How long have you been awake?” He asked quietly, his words laced with sleep.

“Not long, I was comfortable and didn’t want to move.” I answered resting my head back down on his chest. “Did my creepy staring wake you up?”

He chuckled, “No, I like waking up to you staring, it’s cute. Especially after I kiss your forehead and you blush, it’s a great thing to wake up.” His hand rubbed my arm. “You’re freezing… I hogged the blanket again didn’t I?”

I looked up at him, “for once no, I was hot and kicked it off. I still feel hot.” I answered with a frown. “I don’t think going swimming with Jimmy and you last night was a good idea.” I finished.

He frowned, “wait here.”

Before I could protest he had gotten out of bed and disappeared into his bathroom. I frowned and pulled the blanket over me, grabbing his pillow and cuddling with it. I was getting attached to Matt, and I wasn’t sure whether I should be or not. It was wrong, but at the same time it felt so right.

Matt reappeared a few seconds later, holding a thermometer in his hands. I grimaced and pulled the blanket over my head, I did not want to be sick. I also hated thermometers. I always managed to stab the underside of my tongue with that annoying rounded metal part.

“Kara, don’t hide.” Matt whined.

“I don’t want to get my temperature taken.” I pouted. “I’m fine I just need to warm up for a little bit Matt, id I was sick I’d be sneezing and coughing.” I poked my head out from under the blanket. “I’m fine I promise.”

He groaned, “Don’t give me that look.”

“What look?” I asked innocently.

“That one, with the big eyes and cute pout.” He whined. “You know it’s not fair, I can’t resist that look,” He groaned, “if I hear one sneeze I am making you take your temperature.”

I rolled my eyes, pulling the blanket over my head. “Yes Mother.”

I heard Matt scoff, “pssh, if I was your Mother I would not approve of you sleeping in bed with your kidnapper.” He teased.

I uncovered my head to flip him off, “I’ll gladly sleep in a bed alone.” I offered.

Matt’s eyes widened, “no, no I didn’t mean it like that!” He said frantically, “you’re too comfortable, I wouldn’t be able to sleep without you.” He whined.

I giggled, seeing Matt whine was like seeing a kid beg their parent for a toy they were dying to have. I smiled at Matt, patting the bed next to me. “Lay down with me. I don’t want to get up today; I just want to stay in bed.”

He smiled, “alright, I’ll be right back though, I’m going to go ask the guys something and bring up some food. You better not to be sick Kara.” He warned before turning and walking out of the room.

Matt’s POV:

“Someone must’ve been up late if their barely coming to get food.” Brian snickered when I walked into the kitchen.

“Kara was having nightmares.” I grunted glaring at him. “I needed to talk to you all about Karen, have we heard back from her?” I asked walking over to the fridge.

“Yes, earlier. We didn’t want to wake you up so we handled the phone call.” Brian answered. “She’s willing to comply with us, as long as we make sure that no one can ever find out what she did.” He paused for a few seconds, causing me to look over at him. “I don’t trust her Matt; the way she just gave in seems fishy. I mean come on, she should’ve put up some sort of fight… but she didn’t. How do we know that she won’t turn things around on us at the last moment?”

I looked back into the fridge, “I’ve already thought about that. Once we give Kara back we book it to the airport, Jason set up a flight for us to Europe, and once we’re there we’ll go to the cabin they found. We’ll wait it out and once its safe they’ll call us and let us know we can come home.” I answered grabbing some pizza from the shelf.

“We’ve been wondering… you’ve gotten really close with Kara Matt… are you sure you’ll be able to give her back to Karen just like that?” Zacky asked.

I popped the pizza into the microwave. “Yes, she’ll want to go back. Once she finds out what we did she’s going to hate us, I doubt she’d want to stay with the people responsible for her Father dying.” I answered. “Don’t worry, I’ve got everything planned out, nothing will go wrong.”

At least I hope so…

*

I couldn’t help but laugh when Kara jumped f or the fifth time next to me. She had sworn up and down that horror movies didn’t affect her, yet she had been jumping ever since the movie started. I mean it was only Texas Chainsaw Massacre, it wasn’t that scary.

“Shut up Matt.” She muttered glaring at the TV screen. “I was cold so I jumped, I’m not scared.” She added crossing her arms.

“And that explains why you’ve grabbed onto me a few times?” I teased nudging her.

“You’re warm, so you warmed me up. End of story, now shut up.” She grumbled.

I chuckled; I had to admit the fake angry look on her face was adorable. I had tried reminding myself that she was my hostage almost; I shouldn’t be treating her like a visiting friend. I wanted to lock her in her own room so she could start hating me, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I couldn’t sleep at night knowing that eventually she’d find out that I was the one who killed her Dad.

“Matt, everything okay?”

I snapped out of my thoughts to see Kara looking up at me a concerned look on her face. I managed a smile and nodded my head, rubbing her shoulder. “Just thinking, where you saying something?”

She nodded slowly, “I was going to ask if we could change this…” She mumbled. “It’s kind of… scaring me…”

“Oh? I thought it wasn’t scary Kara.”

She frowned, “it’s scaring me alright, proud now?” She crossed her arms over her chest again, glaring down at the blanket covering her lap. She opened her mouth to say something, but instead of talking a sneeze escaped from her lips. “That was nothing!”

My eyes narrowed, “thermometer time.”

Normal POV:

“GET HIM AWAY FROM ME!”

I jumped down the stairs, sliding slightly as I ran away from Matt who was chasing me with a thermometer. I was not going to have him take my temperature, never. Brian stared at me as I ran by, bolting into the kitchen and sliding underneath the table.

“Kara, you will get your temperature taken!” Matt groaned looking at me. “It’s only a thermometer, it’s not that bad.”

“Yes it is it was just a sneeze Matt I don’t need my temperature taken!” I protested. “I am not sick, I just needed to sneeze, everyone sneezes!”

“What’s going on?” Johnny asked poking his head into the kitchen.

“Yeah what’s going on?” Jimmy’s head poked into the kitchen too, right above Johnny’s.

“She might be sick but she won’t let me take her temperature.” Matt answered throwing me a frustrated look.

“I told you swimming at night wasn’t a smart idea Jimmy.” Johnny snickered.

Jimmy smacked the backside of his head before strolling into the kitchen, a determined look on his face. Before I knew what was going on Jimmy had snatched my legs and pulled me out from under the table. I went to yell at him but as soon as my mouth was open Matt shoved the thermometer under my tongue.

“HA! If you spit it out Kara I’ll just hold you down later and take your temperature.” He warned.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms across my chest. This was not fair, it was one little sneeze and Matt was acting like I had the black plague. Even if I was sick I’d get over it soon, I never stayed sick for long.

“See, you have fever!” Matt exclaimed once he took the thermometer out of my mouth. “Up to my room right now, you’re staying in bed and I’m having Val go and get you medicine.

“Your lying let me see the thermometer!” I protested, stomping my little foot on the ground.

With a proud smile on his face Matt held it in front of my eyes. I mentally groaned when I saw the numbers 101 on the small screen. Knowing there’d be no way he’d let me stay out of bed I turned and walked out of the room. At least this gave me an excuse to sleep in as much as I wanted.

“If I’m stuck in bed all day than you’ve got to come keep me company!” I yelled over my shoulder before going up the stairs.

*
*

“Can’t we watch something else?” Matt whined for the second time.

I had somehow made him agree to watch ‘The Notebook’ with me. I had never seen it, so when I saw he had it I had to watch it. I also had to tease him repeatedly for having this movie; it wasn’t the manliest movie to own ever.

“No, you agreed.” I smiled, “now shut up and enjoy the movie.” I answered cuddling closer to him.

Even I was sick I had to admit Matt made me feel better; he had come up to the room with more pizza and movies. So we had cuddled up on the bed and put them on, and I had to admit I liked spending time with just him. Don’t get me wrong I liked the guys, but there was just something else about Matt that I liked.

He made me feel happy, and I hadn’t felt that in a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts?
the next chapter will continue this day :3