Sequel: Warmness On The Soul.
Status: finished

Big Bad Handsome Man

Eight.

My heart felt like it had completely stopped when Matt’s lips pressed against mine. For a brief moment I was frozen, not sure whether I wanted to kiss back, or slap him. This was wrong on more than one level, this man had kidnapped me, shot someone in the head… oh god.

I felt Matt’s lips press against mine a bit harder, probably trying to get some reaction out of me. If this was so wrong, than why did it feel so right?

I let my eyes close as my fingers tangled themselves in Matt’s short hair, my lips pressing back against his. I couldn’t help but giggle when his lips curved upwards into a smile, ending the brief kiss. His forehead resting against mine, his hands rubbing up and down my back slowly.

“We should get back to the house… the guys are probably worried sick.” Matt murmured pecking the tip of my nose. “I never wanted you to see me hurt someone like that Kara… it’s why I didn't tell you anything, I’ve been trying to keep you from that side of me.” He added quietly.

I pecked his lips again, feeling my cheeks heating up when I pulled away. “Let’s just get back to the house Matt; we don’t have to talk about this.” I finished with a smile.

He nodded and stood up; picking me up bridal style before walking up the small hill I had slipped down. I wrapped my arms around Matt’s neck, beginning to realize how cold from the rain I really was. Luckily I hadn’t gotten to far away from the house, but I knew I’d probably end up sicker now. At least I got a kiss from Matt out of everything.

“When we get back to the house, you’ll be sleeping in my room again.’ Matt looked down at me with a smile. “But first you need to shower, than eat something. Val’s probably worried sick right now, plus I need to go find Zacky and Brian. Hey took off looking for you too right behind me.” He added.

I bit my lip, “I didn’t mean to cause so much trouble…”

“You didn’t, they understand how scared you got by all of that. I think Brian doesn’t want you to find him scary like me.” Matt answered shifting me around a bit. “Plus Zacky needs the exercise.” He added in a joking voice.

I giggled, sighing in relief when I saw the cabin. The front door was wide open, and I could spot five people standing on the front porch. It took me a few moments to notice that Brian and Zacky had started walking over to us, an umbrella covering both of them.

“Fuck Kara, what did you do try hiding under the mud?” Brian laughed when he spotted how dirty I was.

“She fell down that little hill over there.” Matt explained as they covered us with the umbrella. “Everything alright Zacky?”

“Yeah, we got a phone call though.” He stated glancing t me for a few moments.

Matt set me down on the front porch, sending Zacky a worried glance for a moment. “Val, show Kara where my room is, and give her a towel so she can shower.”

Val nodded and grabbed my arm gently, pulling me away from Matt who had turned to Brian and Zacky. I partially wanted to resist and urge Matt to let me know what was going on, but I didn’t want to push him any farther today. I had already tried to escape after seeing him shoot someone; I didn’t need to annoy him.

“Next time, I can go without olives.”

*

I had never taken a shower that felt so good in my life. I had asked Val to stay in the bathroom with me so I could talk to her about Matt. I was confused on what to do, and talking to her made me feel better about things. I wasn’t sure whether I should have told her that we kissed, but when I did she literally fell off the bathroom counter and onto the floor.

I nearly panicked and jumped out of the shower to help her, I probably would’ve if she hadn’t had been cracking up.

Her advice was plain and simple, but just thinking about it scared me.

If you like Matt, just tell him, trust me.

“Something wrong?”

I jumped from shock when Jimmy’s voice broke me out of my trance. I hadn’t been aware I had been standing in the hallway for so long.

“Yeah, I was thinking.”

“I could tell, but I bet you were thinking about Matt.” He smirked.

My eyes widened, “no I wasn’t!”

“HA! I was joking but I knew you had to be!” Jimmy grinned jumping up and down. “Kara you like Matt don’t you?” He leaned close to me, a huge smile on his face.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Jimmy.” I frowned. “You’ve finally gone insane.”

“I may be insane but I know you like him. Every time he comes into the room or we say his name you get this dopey smile on your face and you blush. That seems like a crush on someone to me,” Jimmy stood up straight, “it’s alright if you like him, I wont tell anyone.”

“I don’t like him, and I didn’t like the kiss, I mean-”

“He kissed you?! Holy fuck I didn’t think he had the balls to ever try it, fuck I just lost money to Johnny…”

I frowned, “Excuse me?”

“Nothing, nothing at all.” Jimmy grinned.

“Did Matt kiss me over a bet?” I asked as my heart started to sink.

Jimmy’s eyes widened with horror, “what no that’s not what I meant! I just thought Matt would never have enough courage to finally make-”

“Jimmy.”

Jimmy froze, a nervous look coming over his face as he glanced over his shoulder. He coughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. “Night Kara!” He sent me a wide grin before hurrying past me, muttering under his breath.

“I was bringing you food…”

I looked forward again, finding Matt standing there nervously. He looked a little flustered, and almost like he wanted to go punch Jimmy. I sent him a grateful smile before taking the plate from his hands; I didn’t realize how long I had been standing in the hallway day dreaming.

“Thank you Matt, are you okay?” I asked tilting my head to the side.

He nodded, “yeah… just ignore Jimmy, and no I didn’t kiss you over a bet. I kissed you because I wanted to.” He finished by kissing my forehead, his lips curved up into a smile.

I blushed, “was I taking to long to come downstairs?”

“Sort of, we were worried you tried escaping through a window… everyone’s down stairs watching a movie now, well except Jimmy, and I was waiting for you.”

I frowned, “I’m sorry I took so long… I got caught up thinking; we can go watch the movie with everyone downstairs if you want.” I offered, forcing a smile for him.

Matt shook his head, “No, I was thinking we could just maybe watch a movie in the room together…?”

I smiled, “sounds perfect Matt.”
♠ ♠ ♠
short but I thought it was cute :3
thank you for all the comments, I appreciate them so much<3

also I've got a new zacky story up ;D
read :3