‹ Prequel: Shooting Stars
Status: working on it

Rookie

Pop! goes more than one thing

The season quickly passed by and before I knew it the playoffs were here. We won the president’s award for the best record in the NHL with only 20 losses and three ties. We had the best overall record in the history of the NHL. The tabloids all said that I was the key to the cup and the fans believed it too. And for that, I was given Rookie of the Year.

Sid and I were still going strong, but we are scheduled to play Pitts the first playoff round. The only times we played in regular season, we beat them both times. We were set to play the best of seven, starting in Chicago. Sidney and I decided that our communication wouldn’t change since it helped our game. So things continued as normal when Pittsburgh came to Chicago for the first round.

“Hey, baby,” Sid said as I saw him come up my driveway from the cab at the end of it.

“Hi,” I gave him a hug and a kiss before we escaped the June heat into my house. Ava was out with Corey for the day, so it was just Sid and I.

“Are we staying in? Where’s Ava?” he questioned quickly after we got inside.

“Yes, and Ava’s with Corey and his mom for the day.”

“Is she like Grandma?”

“Yes, she loves Ava to bits. And spoils her rotten too, not that Corey doesn’t.”

“It’s nice to see that she has someone to call Dad even though they aren’t related.”

“Technically, she’s his daughter. He adopted her so she could be covered on insurance before I got my spot on the Hawks.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I had no insurance and no way of getting any so he did that for me.”

“Do you ever think about getting married?” he suddenly asked.

“Why?”

“It’s just a question, Soph.”

“You aren’t getting ideas, are you, Crosby? I’m only 19.”

“You have a two year old daughter and play professional hockey, don’t you think about the future?”

“Of course, but mine included going to college and getting a job to pay for my daughter’s life. Not marriage, at least for a few years.”

“Marry me,” he suddenly blurted.

“What?”

“Marry me, we’ve already talked about my trade to Chicago since I’m a free agent next season. Why not get married?”

“Because I do have a daughter to think about, Sidney, it’s not just me!”

“I have a compromise. You have until the end of the series to give me an answer.”

“Our series or the playoffs?” was my question.

“One of us is going home, so our series.”

“Fine, there is one thing to know if I’m even going to think about marrying you.”

“What’s the question?”

“Can you wait to have kids until I want to retire from hockey?”

“If you are happy playing hockey, than yes, I can wait.”

“Come on,” I dragged him upstairs where we undressed each other for the first time. Being with Sidney was much different then being raped. He took his time and tried not to hurt me. He knew it was my first time other then the rape and he wanted to be gentle. It was very gentleman like of him and for that I was grateful. Afterwards, we just laid there. “Thanks for making me change my mind about sex.”

“Not a problem,” he kissed me and got ready to go.

“I hate to run, but coach will kill me if I’m late to practice first thing in the morning,” he came to kiss me. I held him there for a short make out session before I finally let him go.

“See you tomorrow at the rink,” I waved goodbye from the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh well, I figured that as long as it's written, might as well post even though there are no comments!

Sophie's outfit