Status: Just getting this started! *Updates might be sketchy school. and working on my draco one*

An Eye for an Eye and a Lie for a Lie

Deseption

I sat on a stool in the kitchen nibbling on some toast and sipping coffee as I opened the newspaper. I skimmed through the paper, and a smirk made its way on my ruby red lips upon seeing my article on page seven. The caption read “Batman, Hero or Just wants the Town for Himself?” As I sat there reading through my article a very unhappy looking Bruce walked in.

I put down the paper and put on my best innocent face, “Good morning, father.”

“Amelia,” he sighed, while pinching the bridge of his nose, “what am I going to do with you?” He walked over to the paper and pointed at the pictures I had taken, “how’d you get those.” The pictures showed Batman fighting some of the biggest villains.

“I kind of snuck out on one of Dick's old motorcycles and followed you.”

He ran his fingers through his hair and gave an exasperated sigh. “Why are there so many of the Joker, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Well he is the most famous villain of them all. And, how many times a week do you fight him,” I asked.

“Amelia, darling, you need to stop following me before you get hurt. It’s too dangerous,” he said before I opened my mouth to protest.

I sighed loudly, “Fine, I’ll just go back to boring articles, "Schools lunch poisoning kids". I can se it now, dad" I said gesturing with my hands, but the look he shot me made me knock it off. With another sigh I said, "fine, I'll stop. This article pretty much guaranteed me a spot on the paper when I graduate in May.”

He kissed my forehead, “That’s grea-,” He was interrupted by the phone ringing. “I’ll get it Alfred,” he said making his way to the phone.

He went into the other room and I went back to what I was doing until I heard my father yell. “You’ve been out of her life for seventeen years, Louise. You haven’t come to see her since the day you dropped her off.”

I got up and crept up to the room he was in.

"Well, I don't give a damn what Clark wants, Louise, she's mine. YOU made it very clear that you never wanted anyone to find out." He paused as the person on the other end spoke to him. "So now you want to be in her life," He said sarcastically. "To bad, I've raised her, because you made a mistake, and it was the best mistake you ever made. But, the real mistake you made wasn't having her, it was giving her away." After a minute he spoke again, his voice sounding gentler. "I'm sorry, Louise. I didn't mean to sound mean, but it is a little unfair for you to ask me to hand her over to you, she's my daughter not some trading card you give someone and then take back. She's a journalist like you, Louise." He paused once more, "I told her Vicki was her mom." "Yes, Vale. Who else?" "No, I haven't seen Vicki in years. I told Amelia she was dead." "Yes, I got it. Good bye, Louise."

I heard the phone being placed back into the holder, and walked to the door. I would've had to been stupid to not know they were talking about me, but what did dad mean? Who was Louise? I walked up the door my eyes slightly watering, "D-dad, what was that all about?"

He turned around startled to face me. "Amelia, that was nothing just an old friend."

My voice rose on its own accord, "Like shit that was nothing. 'I told her Vicki was her mom'. What the fuck is that suppose to mean?"

His eyes got wide as he heard me cuss. Pinching his nose, like he did whenever he got agitated or flustered, he said, "Amelia, I haven't told you this in your best interest."

I nodded. "I get that, but dad I'm seventeen years old, don't you think I'm old enough to know? And, I don't care what you say, you're my dad and that'll never change."

He sighed, "Ok, Amelia. I'm not your biological father, and Vicki isn't your mother. Your mother was a journalist though, her name's Louise Lane."

"Isn't she the chick that did all those pieces on superman?" He nodded. "Why did she give me to you," I asked my voice barely above a whisper.

"She cheated on her fiancé and didn't want him to find out."

"How would he have figured out I wasn't his?"

"Let's just say Clark has an ability that would have been passed down to you."

THIRD POV: JOKERS WEARHOUSE

The clown prince paced back and force in his “office” muttering to himself.
“Tsk, tsk, tsk I’m going to have to put a stop to this little snoop now aren’t I?” He slammed a knife through a newspaper; page seven to be exact, through the initials of A.R.W .
♠ ♠ ♠
EDITED! Please note the other two chapters aren't edited and don't fit the way I want them to right now.
~Sammi