Status: Will try hard. No promises.

Snakes and Secrets

Therapy

THERAPY

There was a Brightside to being an outcast Draco told himself desperately. His grades were higher than they’ve ever been. He’s top of every class rivaling Hermione Granger. His teachers don’t treat him differently even though he sits in the back and doesn’t speak. Well except for his godfather Snape. He seemed a little unnerved by Draco’s pink hair with black highlights. He probably wasn’t used to anything s bright and cheerful in his classroom.

But now in the old unused bathroom on the 7th floor the only thing Draco saw was Red. He clutched the quill pen in his hand.

He hasn’t spoken once in 3 weeks. He was quiet, out of sight. Vulnerable. And he’d learned even if he cast a rather nasty hex on the bullies it was the witnesses’ word against his. And he always lost.

He had been teased, harassed, bruised and beaten. And he had no one. He wouldn’t be surprised if someone else in the school was gay too. But they were afraid of the abuse Draco had suffered.

He’d stopped seeing Madam Pomfrey after awhile. He’d started to like the pain. Every injury just proved how worthless he was. Like his father had always said. He wasn’t a Malfoy. He was a freak. And now Mrs. Zabini, someone he’s always considered family had shunned him too…

Draco was at breakfast nibbling on some toast while reading a book. If there was no one to talk to why sit there bored? Besides IN THE MINDS OF TEENAGE MUGGLES was really interesting.

But then he’d heard Blaise’s groan of dismay. Blaise had tried his best to defend Draco. He’d pulled Nott off when the punches were getting too harsh and shouted ‘TEACHER!” to get them to go away. They’d meet in the Room of Requirement and talk. Blaise would sneak potions from professor Snape to make the bruises fade. But Draco didn’t consider him a friend anymore. A friend would help him and risk social suicide with him.

Only now Blaise was about to get chewed out by the red howler on his plate sent by his charming mother. With a roar the Howler ripped open and screamed loud enough for the entire castle to hear: “BLAISE MILESTROM ZABINI!” Blaise gulped and glanced at Draco. “If you know what’s good for you boy you will have dropped that good-for-nothing-freak of a Malfoy!”

Draco kept his face blank.

“Do you understand me son!? He is nothing but trouble and is a disease!! I will not have my son be friends with a Queer! Oh yes didn’t bother to tell me did you? I had to hear it from the Nott’s! The Nott's Blaise! And you know what happens then!

What self respecting boy, what Slytherin dyes his hair pink!? It’s bad enough his mother was a whore! It must run in the family! I always knew that boy was strange! His head isn’t screwed on right!

But I’m warning you Blaise. If I hear one word, one bloody word then you’re going to be out of this house and disowned with your slut of a sister by Christmas! Do you hear me young man!? You better stay away from Draco Malfoy or you’re going to be begging on the streets of Paris faster than you can say Queer!”

The Howler burst into flames and Blaise sat there shocked.

Draco by that time was already in the bathroom wondering for the first time if good grades were worth living for. The book he was reading though told him a new form of therapy. An Escape. Draco new he was a tad mental and what he was reading wasn’t therapy but a drug. He knew in the back of his mind that it was dangerous but… he was desperate. For something, anything to stop the hurt inside.

He craved it now. And he even knew, as he slid the quill across the inside of his wrist and watched the beads of red flow that he wasn’t going to be able to stop.

He didn’t want to anyway.

© Copyright; 2011, PantherStrike All Rights Reserved

*********************************************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
HA! Who got an update while in the middle of packing? I did! okay okay so Draco... is the true defenition of angst. wow. Blaise is trying! he really is! but what use will he be to Draco if Blaise is disowned too? a pair of underaged wizards on the run = bad. But! there shall be a unlikely hero next! If you don't get it today...you have to wait a month. Sorry! ~kyle