Sequel: Until the End

A Forbidden Love

Let Them Be

"Zacky! Get your damn nose out!" I scolded him, hitting him lightly with the wooden spoon in my hand. He chuckled, closing the lid to the meatballs that were cooking on the stove.
"Damn, Val. I'm fuckin hungry!" He whined. I shrugged.
"There's food out there." I pointed outside.
"But I want meatballs!" He whined. I sighed, he could be such a child.
"I hear Zackers!" Came Ellie's happy voice, then the sound of the front door shutting.
"I hear Ellie Bellie!" Zacky grinned, pulling her into a hug as she entered the kitchen. Pinkly and Bella jumping around them, barking.
"Ellie, can you help me take the beers out?" I asked her once Zacky set her back on her feet.
"Of course." She nodded, grabbing as much of the beers she could carry. I did the same and headed out back, where the guys were hanging around the grill laughing.
"Beer's here!" I announced as Ellie and I set them in the coolers. I felt someone wrap their arms tightly around me from behind, kissing the back of my neck. I giggled as I leaned back into Matt's arms. "Hey, babe." I kissed him.
"Hey." He smiled, showing off the dimples I loved so much. He reached around me and grabbed a beer, taking a swig.
"Brian!" I heard Ellie yell playfully.

I looked over to see her in Syn's arms. He held her from behind, trying to lick off the chocolate that was on her face. He obviously smashed the cupcake in his hand onto her face. She giggled as she tried to wiggle her way out of his arms, but I saw his muscles flex as he held her tightly. Not wanting to let her go. I smiled. They looked beyond perfect for each other. Matt's arms around me tightened, I looked up to see him glaring harshly at them.

"You okay?" I asked him softly. It took him a minute to stop glaring to look down at me.
"Yeah. I'm fine." He said, anger in his voice.
"Liar." I grabbed his hand and dragged him inside. I crossed my arms. "What's your problem?" I asked, He sighed, glaring out the window.
"Syn's my fucking problem." He grumbled, taking another swig.
"What did he do now?"
"It's what he's doing." Matt growled. "He's trying to hook up with my sister, Val. I don't want his ass dating her. I know him too well, he'll fuck her then leave her right after. My sister does not need a heartbreak, especially one from him."
"Babe, Syn's not trying to do anything with Ellie." I rubbed his arms as I looked up at him. "Just let them be, they are just having a little fun. Syn knows not to cross that line with you. Besides, look how happy Ellie looks when she's around him." I smiled, looking over at Ellie and Syn. She was smiling up at him as he smiled down at her, holding her close to him. "You want her to be happy, don't you?"
"Of course I do." Matt sighed, looking at them. I placed both my hands on either side of his face, he looked at me now.
"Then just let them be. They probably don't even have a connection like that. They could be good friends, just like she is with Jimmy."
"Rev's different, though." Matt grumbled. "Rev knows how to treat a woman right. Syn...he doesn't give a damn. You and I both know how he is." I looked away, thinking of all those girls that he left with a broken heart. Calling me up crying over him and what he either did or said to them. I frowned. "See? He's no good for her."
"But you never know. He may change." I said softly. Matt chuckled.
"Syn? Change? I'm sorry, hon. But where have you been all these years?" Matt chuckled, shaking his head. I heard a door open and turned to see Ellie skip inside with a huge smile.
"Hey, guys." She grinned.
"Hey, Ell." Matt nodded, heading back outside.

I watched as Matt pushed through the back door and sighed deeply, turning to give Ellie a quick smile before following after him. I moved out of the way as Syn started to come inside, I could hear just a little bit as Syn and Ellie whispered amongst each other. I could be going insane, but I swore I heard a soft moan. I for sure as hell wasn't turning around to see that shit. Some things were just better off unseen and unknown.