Sequel: Until the End

A Forbidden Love

Romeo and Juliet

"Ellie, I-" Matt started to say but I just stormed passed him and ran up the stairs and slammed my bedroom door shut.

I dropped face first onto my bed and pressed play on my iPod Home, Godsmack's I Fucking Hate You playing right away. It was like my iPod knew what I was feeling. I turned the volume up as loud as it could, making sure Matt was able to hear it from downstairs. Over-reacting much? Maybe. But I'm in a mood and I really don't care right now.

My whole day was going great, I finally got the man I wanted and now this. This thing where I now can't see Brian because my brother is against us being together. It sucks. I felt like I was in Romeo and Juliet. Just without the suicide, of course. I scrunched my face up in confusion as my phone ringed, an unfamiliar ring tone filling my ears.

"On my knees, I'll ask
Last chance for one last dance
'Cause with you, I'd withstand
All of hell to hold your hand
I'd give it all
I'd give for us
Give anything but I won't give up
'Cause you know,
you know, you know
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
and you'll never go
Stop breathing if
I don't see you anymore"

It was Nickelback's, Far Away. I picked up my cell quickly, checking the caller ID. Syn <3. I smiled as I answered, turning down the volume on my iPod.

"Hey, Bri." I greeted softly, biting my lip with a small smile.
"Hey, babe." His soothing voice sent a shiver down my spine. The mere sound of his voice washed away my angry mood. "Are you okay?"
"Shouldn't it be me that's asking you that question?" I giggled. Brian chuckled.
"I'm fine. It's nothing. I'm more worried about you. Did he do anything or say anything hurtful to you?"
"No. When we got home just a few minutes ago, I ignored him and went straight to my room and played Godsmack's I Fucking Hate You really loud." Brian and I laughed.
"Good for you, babe." He chuckled. I heard some weird noises in the background.
"Bri? What are you doing?" I asked.
"I don't know. What am I doing?" He laughed. I giggled.
"Seriously, Brian. I hear weird noises in the background, what's going on?" I laughed. Then Brian hung up on me. "What the fuck?" I stared at the phone.

He really just hung up on me like that?

I could hear Matt and Val arguing downstairs about me and Brian, I just rolled my eyes. It was a worthless argument, Matt wasn't going to listen to anyone. I jumped at the sound of something banging at my window lightly.

Ignoring the voice inside my head that told me to leave it be, I went to the window and pulled back the curtain. I yelped as I jumped back from the window. Brian laughed on the other side. I opened the window to let the laughing goof into my bedroom. He immediately pulled me into his arms once he crawled in.

"That was so not funny." I giggled, snuggling into his chest. "But I'm glad you're here now."
"I'm sorry, but it really was. And I'm glad I'm here too. I was worried about you when you left with him." Brian said as we laid down on the bed, getting under the blankets and snuggling. I smiled as I kissed the edge of his jaw.
"Aw, you were worried about me?" I grinned. Brian smiled and pressed his lips against mine.
"Of course I was, babe. You're my girl and I love you." He whispered. We had to be quiet since Matt and Val were speaking softer to each other. "What are they fighting about?" He asked.
"About us. And how stupid I am for sleeping with you, blah, blah, blah." I rolled my eyes. "It really pisses me off. Why can't he just let us be together?"
"Because of my past relationships. That's why. He's just looking out for you like an older brother should, like I do for McKenna. He just took it to a whole new level." He sighed.

Matt and Val started arguing again, this time only closer. Brian's arms around me tightened slightly.

"Thank you. For being here." I said softly. Brian kissed the top of my head.
"I'll always be here when you need me or not." I kissed him sweetly then yawned. He chuckled. "Go to sleep, babe. We're going on tour tomorrow, soak up all the sleep you can get tonight." I heard Brian say. I nodded, already half asleep.