Ghosts

Chapter 6

I woke up alone in a dark room. There was no light anywhere and I could barley see my own limbs. I stood up and tried to adjust my eyes to the room but it was useless there was absolutely no light. I fumbled around in the dark trying desperately to find a switch or a lamp, anything that would emit light so that I could see. I found something with my foot but it wasn't a lamp. It was a person and they didn't seem to happy that I had woken them up. I started getting scared because I couldn't see anything and now I was trapped in a room with an unhappy person... hopefully a regular person.

I felt something grab my ankle and it pulled me down onto the ground. I tried to let out a scream but they had put their hand over my mouth.
"Do not scream" they said and removed their hand and weight from me. The lights clicked on and I realized I was in a pretty decent apartment. I propped myself up on my elbows and looked around. I turned back to the person and it was Blue Eyes.
"You?" I asked pointing at him. He just looked at me.
"Ya? What?" he said looking at me hands out.
"Well how the hell did I get here. You pretty much left me to be eaten by whatever the fuck those things are out there. And another thing... What the fuck are those things out there?" I said my voice becoming increasingly louder. He put his finger to his lips,
"Shhhhh." I just stared at him. I started to get up and looked down at myself I was covered in blood and I had cuts all over me. Not to mention bite marks in my shoulder and neck. I took my hoodie off which left me in a plain gray cami. I threw it on his floor and looked back at him.
"What the hell do I do about these?" I said pointing at my wounds. He walked over to me and examined them. He shook his head and walked into his bathroom. He emerged carrying a large blue bottle.
"What's that?" I asked pointing at the bottle.
"Do you want an infection or not?"
"I just want to know what it is?"
"Why does it matter?"
"Why can't you just give me an answer?" I asked grabbing the bottle out of his hand and reading the label.
"For serious Dark wounds only. Do not use on regular wounds. If the Light is gone this will not help" I read out loud. I looked up at Blue Eyes then back at the bottle. I handed it back to him and took a step back.
"It won't hurt, it's just going to prevent you fr-" he started to say.
"No. Get away from me. I don't know what's going on but this whole thing is really
weird. I really don't want any of this, I just want to go home" I said cutting him off. He
reached out for me but I moved away.
"Listen I know this is a bit freaky but unless you wanna end up just like one of those things out there you'll let me help you" he said calmly but firmly. I just looked down at the floor arms crossed over my chest.
"Please. Let me help you. You gotta help Katie" he said. My head snapped up eyes to meet his. I walked over to him.
"How is this gonna save Katie she's already dead" I asked him. He opened the bottle and poured some onto a paper towel. He gently pat my wounds, it didn't sting it just felt very cold. I let out a sigh and looked at the floor. We were really close to each other and I didn't want to look up for fear of our faces touching. After he finished I looked up at him.

He was skinny but muscular, not to muscly and not sickly skinny. Toned I guess you could say. He had shaggy blonde hair and his eyes now had tones of green in them. They weren't glowing or as bright as they were earlier. He had pretty pale skin but not white. He was really handsome actually. I realized that I was staring at him after he did one of those uncomfortable coughs.
"So I think you should stay the night here with me" he said putting the top back on the bottle and returning into the the bathroom. My eyes widened and I just looked at him.
"What? Um. No" I said walking back over to my hoodie that was laying on his floor. I turned around and there he was.
"Jeez you're just like a ghost" I said walking away from him towards the door.
"I am a ghost" he replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment:subscribe