Sequel: Just A Dream
Status: COMPLETED!!!!!

The Blind Side (A Naruto Story)

Chapter 11 (Part 2)

I remember on that night, I put Takinushi’s book on my beside lamp. That night I put I couldn’t sleep. When I tried to force sleep on me, I get to the point where I doze off, then I feel like I’m falling and I jerk back awake. Each time I felt like I was falling, I felt something to grab at me. It took all that I had to push it away, which was probably why I was jerking awake each time.
I gave up that night just staying up the rest of the night. I got bored, so I turned on my beside lamp and read some of the Naruto books. I only manage to get through one book because I saw brightness starting to come through my window.
I put the book down and got up. I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower. I changed into some clothes and grabbed Takinushi book and stepped outside. The air was cool. I started lurking around the village for a little bit. There was a few people up, mostly old couple and Jounin getting ready for work or whatever. I help Takinushi book to my chest and kept walking.
I’m not sure why, but after seeing Takinushi last night, I was scared. It was weird. I wasn’t used to talking to… to ghost. I let out a little groan, I sure hope talking to ghost won’t mess up my mental stability. I mentally smack myself. I have a power, Trinity, it’s Spirit, of course I can see ghost. Grow up and deal with it.
I sigh, but why Spirit? First I meet Itachi, he tells I’m getting a power, I thought I had it when I came, but really I didn’t? It just happens I have a dream about some woman who was the goddess of the Spirit World. Then she said something about Another Dimension… Where other souls go before they to the actual Spirit World.
I frown. At the time I thought I was dreaming about the woman, but I wonder, did she somehow bring my soul out of me to go to the Other Dimension? All I know she touched me, I saw blinding light, and I ended up waking up in my bed. Did I wake up because of the shock of returning to my body?
I rub my head, so many questions, so little answers. I was starting to get a headache. I saw a nearby bench and sat down on it. Wow, me and my weird bench coincidences. I lay back into the back rest and rest my head back. I close my eyes, just trying to get a hold of myself.
I reopen my eyes and look up at the sky, just staring at the clouds. I watched as some started to drift across the sky, “Nice clouds, huh?” I heard a voice say.
I looked from the sky to the Jounin standing in front of me. It was a young man. He was probably a few years younger than me, but for some reason he looked familiar to me. With his hair in a ponytail and the back of his hair kind of spiked back. He had a lazy grin. Man, if only I could place him…
I gasp, holy shit, it was Shikamaru. “Y-yeah…” I said, trying to get over the fact it was lazy-ass Shikamaru.
He nodded, then looked up, “Yeah. I love looking at them. I could do it all day if I could. But since I’ve become Jounin I’ve never had time for it,” He scratches the back of his head, “Man, what a drag…”
I giggled, yep it sure was Shikamaru, he looked at me weird, noticing I was giggling at him. I quickly shut myself up, “It’s such a shame,” I said, shrugging, “Must be hard to be Jounin…”
He nodded, then takes a seat beside me. He puts his arms in the back of his head, then looks back up in the sky, “I got a little time now. I think I’ll join you to cloud watching.”
I smile, oh well, it was something to do to get my mind of things. “Alright, but I’ll tell you this, I’m a complete stranger you know…”
He shrugs, “Doesn’t matter, cloud watching is fun, whether it’s with a complete stranger or friend.”
I smile, then look at the sky, I sure hope I’ll become friend with Shikamaru, “By the way, the name’s Trinity.” I said.
“Shikamaru. Hey look, that cloud looks like a moose.” He said, pointing at the sky.
I laugh, “Yeah right. Looks more like a cow to me.”
He shakes his head, “I’ve had more experience than you, I would know.”
I stick my tongue out at him, “Whatever. Still looks like a cow.”
He smiles and shakes his head. We sat there for a few moments while we pointed out a cloud here and there. Shikamaru and I became quick friends. Then he had to go. He was almost late for a meeting he had. “See ya,” he said, giving me a little wave.
“Bye!” I said.
I stood, I figured it’s way past time for me to go to Haru. I started walking in the direction of his house. There were more people out now. Not that I minded, everyone looked so happy. I was in a good mood and almost skipped the rest of the way to Haru’s place.
I finally made it. I was at his door. I took a deep breath, then knocked.
A few moments later the door opened. It showed an old man, he looked to be in his sixties. “Yes? Can I help you?” He asked.
I swallowed, then asked, “Are you Haru?”
His eyes widen in question, “Yes, that’s me. Is there something you need?”
It was more like the other way around. But anyway, I held the book out to him, then smiled a little, “Haru, sir, I believe this belongs to you.”
He looked at the book in question. Then he takes it out of my hands, then he stares at the old leather bound book. He took out a pair of reading glasses and put them on. Then his eyes widen when he read the title, “No way…” He whispered.
Immediately he started to open the book, carefully, “T-thank you, you have no idea how long I’ve been waiting to receive this for a long time.”
“Yeah I know,” I said, smiling genuinely, “Forty years almost, correct?”
He nodded, then looked at me, “H-how did you know…?”
“It’s a long story, but let’s not worry about that now. I was told to give this you. My job is done. All there is left now is for you to read it. The lady wanting you to read it has been quite desperate for you to have it.”
“I-I don’t understand though… the lady? Who was she?” He asked.
“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you, for now go read the book. I can tell your wanting to read it.” I said gently.
I stepped down his porch steps, “Have a good day, sir.” I bow a little then started to walk off.
“Thank you!” I heard him say, I respond by waving my, not looking back.

Now, four days later, I couldn’t help but think back of Takinushi and Haru. I felt like crying at the moment. The poor couple had an unfinished relationship. All I can hope is that Takinushi moved on to the Spirit World and Haru was reading her book. I pray they will meet again in another life or in the afterlife.
That was my first encounter with a spirit and their goals. I will never forget it. Oh, and Shikamaru, he was one of the first Naruto character friends I’ve ever made. I frown, I really shouldn’t think of him as a character. He was real, breathing, person. Just in a different world from what I was used to.
I bring myself to the present. I was sitting in the living room with the others, with Torao in my lap, watching TV. We were watching some Nation Geographic show. I didn’t pay much attention to because I was too busy scratching my baby tiger’s nose.
I heard her motor going, “Your just adorable,” I cooed.
She did a low ‘meow.’ I smile at her.
Then I heard a knock at the door. I looked up startled. Lalita stood up and walked over to the door and opened it. I got a glimpse of a green jacket, a Jounin, at the door. “Lady Hokage is wanting two ladies of the name of Mechifu and Trinity to come to the Hokage building immediately. I was sent to escort them.”
The voice sound familiar. I stood up, as did Mechifu. We headed toward the door.
As I passed Lalita, she gave me a confused look, Mechifu gave me one of her warning looks. I sighed, how much stress could one girl take. I’ll explain later, I said mentally. Lalita got my message and nodded.
I looked at the Jounin who was to escort us to Tsunade. I frown, oh great, it was Kakashi. I blush at the memory of when we first met.
When I think about it now, I probably looked like a dork then. The Jounin looked at me and looked surprised. He must be shocked that it was the girl he ran into almost a week ago that the Hokae’s wants.
I sighed, “Let’s go.”
We followed Kakashi out the door and he led the way to Tsunade’s building. I frown, how the hell can he freaking read and watch where he’s going at the same time. Especially with one eye? I shook my head, that guy was full of mysteries. I still don’t know that much about him even if I read the Naruto books.
“You know,” Kakashi says, to me, “It’s quite the coincidence that we’re meeting again to see the Hokage…”
I shrug, “I guess. I wonder what she wants.”
“You’re a little different from the first time I met you,” He said, not looking up his book, he flipped a page in the book.
I sighed, “People change.” Man, was I right.
“Some do.” He commented.
I frown, he’s sure a weird one. I look at Mechifu. She’s smiling at me, wagging her eyebrows.
I scrunch up my face at her, confused of what she’s trying to say, “Love.” She said, in English.
My mouth gaped opened, “Shut up! I thought you said we shouldn’t speak English?” I said, in English.
She shrugged, in Japanese, she said, “Not my fault you’re a dud to stuff like that. Remember the last time you tried?”
I stick my tongue out at her, in Japanese, “Whatever. And yeah, I know, it was a complete failure.” I scrunched up my nose remembering.
I tried to get a boyfriend a few years back. I fell in love, for a little white. But the guy was a douche and he cheated me on over half the time we’ve been together. “That was years ago, though…” I comment, “Not to mention he was a douche.”
She laughed. Then I heard, “Um, mind if I asked what foreign words you just spoke a few moments ago?”
I looked at him, “It’s a language we made up to communicate together.”
“I still don’t understand why you bother to do that thought,” He said still not looking up from his book.
What does he want me to say? That it was a language we were born to know. No, surely not that. Then Mechifu says, “It’s just a language we made so that people won’t know what we’re talking about. Like just now, if you heard, you’d probably laugh.” Then she laughs.
I frown, then blush, “Shut up, Mechifu. That was years ago…” I rub my face.
Then I noticed Kakashi staring at me, “What?” I said still frowning.
He just simply looks back to his book, “Nothing…”
I shrug. Then I thought of something, “Hey, uh, sir,” I couldn’t say Kakashi because he doesn’t know that I know his name, “Why are you to escort us to Lady Tsunade’s building?”
He shrugs, “She says there’s a mission for us.”
My eyes widen, then I looked at Mechifu. She was shocked too. After four long days, it was time go save Sasuke. “Us?” I asked, “Who’s us?”
“Me, you, Mechifu, and Sakura.” He says, flipping a page in his book.
I frown, “Sakura…?”
“She’s a sweet girl, you’ll like her. Just don’t make her mad…” He said.
It wasn’t exactly like I didn’t know who she was. I thought I asked for Naruto. I frown, then looked at Mechifu. She was frowning also, clearing caught what I did.
Later on me and Miss Hokage are going to have a long~ talk…
♠ ♠ ♠
O.o!! Such a quick turn of events! What's going to happen!?