Sequel: Just A Dream
Status: COMPLETED!!!!!

The Blind Side (A Naruto Story)

Chapter 12

So we finally made it to Tsunade’s office. Me and Mechifu stood close to her desk with our arms crossed, hearing out the mission.

“Kakashi, you’re the leader. You will lead the three girls to wherever destination Sasuke Uchiha is. Then when you get close, those two girls,” She pointed at Mechifu and me, “they will take over, understood?”

He nodded. I looked at Sakura. Her face was blank, though I could tell she was shocked to have this mission… again. The first time was a fail. And previously she tried to kill him… which failed too. Now that she was being sent out to get him on our side to kill Madara. Or well just get him to help kill Madara, it was going to be tricky.

Though I know she’s not stupid. She kept glancing at us from time to time. I bet she’s wondering what it is that we’re going to do to get him back. Complete strangers. I smiled, I had the upper hand here, and she knows it. Though I was still pissed Naruto wasn’t coming, it didn’t matter. Sakura will do.

“Now, do you girls know where Uchiha is?”

I nodded, my face turning all business-like. I didn’t hesitate to glare at her a little. “He’s in a cave at the moment. And with a little time, we’ll reach him.”

She nodded, ignoring my glare, she said, “Do you to explain what your going to do to get Uchiha?” she gestured at the other two.

I sighed, “I’m sorry but no, not at the moment. We’re wasting time right now. We need to leave ASAP.”

She nodded, understanding. Apparently she knew those four days of waiting kind of pissed me off a little at her. What took her so long?

“Alright. You’ve got an hour to get your stuff and meet at the front gate. Kakashi and Sakura, your dismissed.”

They left in a blur. I didn’t hesitate one second to say, “Why the hell isn’t Naruto coming?”

She sighed, “He has to be protected at the moment. He’s one of the last Jenkuriky of the two. He’s with the other one, the eight-tailed one. You should know what would happened if he caught with Madara.”

I nodded, I did know. It would be pretty either.

Then I softened a little. She knew that he had to be for two main reasons. One, if he was captured by Madara, he’d be dead due to the huge ass monster thing he has that will, like, come alive if he had them. And the second reason, just to be safe.

I sighed, then let it go. It wasn’t like we really needed him. “Sorry…” I muttered.

She waved the comment away with her hand, “Doesn’t matter.”

She stands up, “Follow me.”

We followed her out of the room and walked silently in the hallways. I looked at Mechifu, she looked at me. We gave each other silent glances and looked ahead again.

We ended in front of double doors. Tsunade opened the doors and stepped inside. From what I saw, there was a few headbands here and there and a room full of weapons. And some other necessities.

“Pick out what you want. Pouches are over there,” She pointed to our left, “You got an half hour to get what you need.”

At that she closed the door. I started walking around. Touching some of the stuff. I sighed, “I’ve never been good when it came to weapons, what about you Mechifu?”

She did a wide grin, “Doesn’t hurt to try.”

We started packing our weapons. I stuck with a kunei and a few throwing blades. The pouch wrapped around my waist and laid on my left hip.. I stuck a kunei in a small case and wrapped the case on my right leg. Then I grabbed the light backpack with the other stuff in it. Sleeping back, some matches, flashlight, water, and so on. It only weighed about 5 lbs. It was that heavy at all.

For once I was proud of how the Shinobi lived in the constant company of danger. “You ready?” Mechifu asked.

I sling on the backpack, “Ready as I’ll ever be.”

We were out a little earlier than the Hokage expected. “I see you ready, you want to go ahead to the gate?”

We both nodded, then I said, “Can you not tell the other two what we’re doing?”

She nodded, understanding who the ‘other two’ were. “What if they start to worry?” She asked.

I shook my head, “Don’t worry about it, I’ll take care of it later.”

She nodded. We were in front of the Hokage building now. “Head straight up north. If you hurry, you may be a little early.”

We nodded and started walking away. “Thanks for your help, Tsunade.” I shouted.

She just waves some and steps back into the building.

Mechifu coughs. “Well, looks like this is going to be one interesting… mission.”

I smile, “I pray to God that we get him.”

She shakes her head, “I wonder what the other two are going to think…”

I shrug, “I’ll contact Lalita later, or vise versa. If she contacts me, I’ll tell her we’re on a mission. I won’t tell her what the mission is though.”

She nodded, “It’s better if they don’t worry so much. They should be safe here in the village.”

I sighed, “Lalita and I can update each other I guess. I sort of have a plan to get to her…”

She looked up at me, “What’s the plan exactly?”

“Well,” I started, “There’s a book I read. And they talked about these people having the Spirit power. They talked about having a Spirit Dream…”

She gaped at me, then she regained her self, “That’s not a bad idea, but will it work?”

“We won’t know until we try. Come on, let’s make a run for it, we’re going to be late.”

I started to jog ahead of her, then I slowed down for her to catch up. She was never the take your time jogging type. She was more of a sprinter. I was the opposite.

I swear, I wonder how the hell we’re going to get through this mission together.

We made it to the front gates about ten minutes later. I stopped and breathed slowing. Mechifu was holding her side, panting, She says, “You know… the time we were staying here before, I tried to exorcize a little. Man, a big pain.”

I laugh, “Poor you, I guess.”

She shrugs and sits down on the dirt, “We got another ten minutes till we’re suppose to leave.”

She lays down and puts her arms behind her head for a pillow. I remain standing, with my arms crossed, “I wish they would hurry up so we could leave…”

Sakura comes up about five minutes before the hour was up. I smile at her, “Hey.” I said.

She stares at me, “Hey…” She said.

There was an awkward silence for a while. Then I frown, this was Sakura for heaven’s sake! I rub my head. I was starting to get a headache.

After meeting that spirit a few days before, my head’s been aching a little. Not to mention I was getting bitchy sometimes. I sighed.

“Where’s that Kakashi,” I heard Mechifu say.

Sakura nods, “He was never the type to be on time. When I first got into his team, he’d always be late. Hours late usually.” She laughs, then her face turns annoyed, “You’d think after three years of that I’d be use to it, but honestly it still pisses me off.”

“Hey now, Sakura,” A new voice chimes in, “That’s not a nice way of taking about me.”

I looked to see Kakashi coming up. I was about to scold him, but let it go. I forgot it was normal for him to be late. I made a face, what the hell does he do that make’s him late. I saw that he was reading that book again. Must be that damn book.

I made a note to myself to grab a hold of it later and take a peek at it. I was always curious of what that book held. Then I thought twice, do I really want to know? Knowing Jiriya, it was probably nasty… uh, rated R stuff. I take that back, Rated XXX.

I sigh, oh well I won’t know until I read.

“Let’s go.” I said, sticking my hand out to Mechifu for her to grab.

She grabbed it and I pulled her up.

We started out the gate and away from the village. No going back now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gotta love Kakashi ;) lol Sasuke Sasuke Sasuke... I actually don't hate him in reall life! A lot of people do hate him but... poor guy! He's always been manipulated :( and it's not right... lol well that's my opinion anyways <3 keep on reading!