Sequel: Just A Dream
Status: COMPLETED!!!!!

The Blind Side (A Naruto Story)

Chapter 13

So, what should I say. We were walking to no where really. We were surrounded by trees, heading to… well that’s really it, because we don’t even know where we’re fucking going. I didn’t say anything since I left the village. I was scared that I might say something bitchy.

God, my thoughts are even bitchy. We’ve been out in the woods following a river for three days. I my headaches were dull, but they were there. Every time Mechifu tried to start a conversation with me I’d just either ignore her or grunt in response. What can I say? I felt horrible. Horrible and bitchy.

I sighed out loud. Mechifu and Sakura mostly talk to each other. Sometimes Kakashi even talked. Me? I was silent since the time we left the village. Nothing happened yet. Lalita hasn’t tried to call me up yet. When we left the village, that night I tried to call up Lalita through a spirit dream. I realized it only works if I’m sleeping.

I got to talk to her for about five minutes. From the moment I saw I started to tell her what we were doing. I said we were on a secret mission the Hokage sent us on and I couldn’t tell her what it was at the moment. I didn’t like to necessarily lie to her, but I didn’t want her to worry. After quickly telling her about that, I felt the dream closing in.

Lalita didn’t notice it, but I did. I saw the darkness lurking around in the dream. I told her I had to go. The dream ended, but it only ended up with me meeting up with that goddess again. She told me more about the darkness that I was seeing. It was the side effect from using up my power.

She said I wasn’t use to it yet, so I will be going through a few mood swings. Like I didn’t know that already. She told me that it will be soon that I will snap. Snap? I wasn’t sure what she meant, so I asked. She said I’ll loose control of the darkness and it will take over me for a few minutes.

I wasn’t sure what she meant then, but when I think about it now, I’m loosing it. My bitchy moods are coming more and more and I feel myself drifting. I felt like giving up and giving in to the darkness that was lurking my mind. I knew I shouldn’t, so I try to fight it.

I’m successful, for now. I looked up at the sky, I saw parts of pink, orange, and purple in the sky. It was pretty, my mind didn’t agree. I had a major headache coming. The river to my right wasn’t helping much either. It was suppose to calm spirits and such, but it wasn’t calming me. It was more annoying that pleasing. Then I heard Kakashi say, “Let’s go into the woods and set up camp.”

Sakura and Mechifu nodded. I followed them silently through the woods. Once we got deep enough, Sakura and Kakashi left to get wood for a fire.

Me and Mechifu set up the camp silently, “Hey Trin… are you alright?” She asked silently.

I sighed, then I forcefully said, “Yeah, I’m fine…”

She shook her head, “No your not! You’ve been silent for the past three days! Don’t say that your alright. Really, what’s wrong?” She asked.

I dropped the pole I was holding and stood up to face Mechifu. Her face looked deeply worried about me. Her eyes were determined to help me. I sighed again and closed my eyes. I couldn’t look at her because I felt regret. I didn’t like making my friends worry, “I’m sorry, Mechifu. This is something you can’t help me with…”

She comes up to me and picks up my hands and holds them up, “I’m your best friend Trin. I’ll do anything to help.”

I look down at our hands, “Then just forgive me if I say anything offensive to you then. That’s all I can ask of you to do.”

I look back up at her, “This power I have. It’s making me do things I wouldn’t normally do. So just forgive me if I do or say anything to you.”

She nods, “Then do something for me. I will forgive you anyway. I’m just worried for you.”

I nodded, “I know.” I whispered.

Then I heard footsteps coming. I give Mechifu a quick squeeze and let go, “I’m going to get some water.”

She nodded. I picked up the water pouch and headed toward the river. It was starting to get dark now. I finally made it to the river. I sat down at the edge of the river and started filling up the pouches silently. I hummed to myself a little. When I got the pouches filled I just there for a few moments, staring at the river.

I was in a different mood now. During the moment I was talking to Mechifu, I forgotten about the darkness lurking in me. It was starting to come back now. It was dark outside now, that didn’t help much with the darkness inside of me.

I stared at the river, trying to block out that darkness. It only made it worse. I struggle to keep myself sane. But… why don’t I just give in? There was nobody around… Who would notice? And maybe if I give in some of it might go away…

I felt the darkness trying to touch me again, this time I let it. I close my eyes as I started to give myself in.

See Trin? It’s not so bad….

Then I black out. I was still awake though, I felt different though. This was darkness? It wasn’t so bad. Everything still looked the same…

Then I heard a stick break. I quickly stood up and turn around. Something was telling me it was an enemy. I listened in the dark night, waiting to hear something else. I heard footsteps coming closer. I put myself in an attack position. Then waited till the person showed themselves.

I saw her walk out of the trees into the little opening. It was Mechifu, I knew this, but I didn’t hesitate to lunge at her.

She screamed. “Trin! Trinity!”

I had her pinned her to the ground. I knew it was Mechifu. Why was I attacking, I’m not sure. She kept screaming Trinity. “Who’s Trinity?” I said.

“You are! Trin! Snap out of it!” She yelled.

I slapped her, “Shut up! I’m not this Trin or whoever your talking about.” I said.

She wouldn’t shut up, so I put my hand over her mouth, then used my other hand to choke her. She scrambled under me trying to get free.

She was going blue. I smiled. It felt good to do this. Though I knew I was doing this to Mechifu, I couldn’t stop. Then I was ripped away from Mechifu and flung back. Now it was me being pinned.

I looked at my new enemy, it was Kakashi. I struggled under his strength. “Trinity.” He said, “Snap out of it. Your not like this, your not a monster…”

I saw his expression, though it was hard to see with that damn mask on, I could tell he was scared, but determined. I quit struggling, knowing it wouldn’t do know good. I stared at him for a moment. I wasn’t a monster? That seemed to bring me back to myself.

My eyes widen, Kakashi was on top of me. He had one arm to hold my hands above my head, his legs pinned my legs, and his free arm to hold down my chest. Reality hit me, “Kakashi…?” I whispered.

He seemed to smile slightly in his mask, “Glad to have you back, Trinity.”

He let me go. Then stood up. He stuck out his hand to me to help me up. I didn’t take it though, because I saw Mechifu. She was staring at me, scared. Then I remember what I did, “Oh my god Mechifu….” I whispered.

A tear escaped me. I wiped it away, but it didn’t stop. More kept coming. Oh my goddess! I just choked one of my closest friends. And I like it! I made a low noise. I felt a hand go on my head, Kakashi, was trying to comfort me a little. More tears seem to come.

I tried to kill my friend. It’s that darkness’s fault. That darkness in me tried to kill my friend! Then my tears seemed to stop after a few minutes. I swallowed, my throat was a little sore. I looked at Mechifu. She looked at me. She wasn’t scared anymore. She moved toward me then she got on her knees in front of me. “Was it the darkness?” She asked, silently.

I nodded. I swallowed, “Oh goddess, Mech… I’m so sorry…”

She put her hands on my shoulders, then hugged me, “It’s not your fault.”

I put my arms around her. “I’m so sorry. Sorry… sorry.”

We hugged for a while. Then she let me go, “Can you stand?”

I nodded, she helped me up. I was shaking.

Then I realized. The darkness was dangerous. For me and for all of those I cared about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mechifu is strangely calm... O.o! Dude, i'd be freaked out if my best friend tried to kill me o_o!!