Sequel: Just A Dream
Status: COMPLETED!!!!!

The Blind Side (A Naruto Story)

Chapter 20

I hurried along beside the river. The string was still in front of me. It didn’t look like it was going to thin anytime soon, so I picked up my pace. I was taking a full sprint on ground doing my best not to tire our and hurry along. I sure hope the others are okay, I thought.
Sasuke was with them, although I believed he wasn’t going to do anything, I hope nothing too awkward will happen. I slowed my pace down to a jog, then stopped. I bent over trying to catch my breath.
“There’s got to be a faster way to catch up to them.” I muttered.
I’ve been running and jogging for an half an hour already. It didn’t look like I was going to catch up to them as fast as I thought.
I looked up at the sky, then sat on my bottom. I was too tired to run anymore. I knew that the ninjas used chakra to run quickly and stuff, but I didn’t have chakra, I had only muscle and feet. Not that it didn’t help.
I crawled to the river and cupped my hand in it. I pulled my hand out and drank the cool water. I sighed, I better hurry now.
I got to my feet. I kicked my legs out, hoping to chill the cramping forming in them. I groaned, “Alstarte,” I said, looking at the blue sky, “Please help me, is there any way to travel faster or something? Maybe even locate where how far the others are?”
I didn’t get a reply, but I felt her close. Knowing her, she’d probably say, “Use your head, Trinity.”
I rubbed my temples, I was starting to get a little headache. I looked at the clearing in front of me. I wonder if there is anyway I could sense them somehow…
I usually only used my blind eye to see a spirit. I wonder if I could use my another sense to contact it. I closed my eyes, I tried to open my senses more, my hearing, the feel of the breeze on me, my smell, and taste.
It was a few moments later, I felt them near. I smiled, proud of myself, and practically started skipping to them, ignoring my cramping legs.
It was about ten minutes later I saw them walking. They were all side by side. Going from left to right, I saw Kakashi’s tall figure, then Mechifu’s red hair, then Sasuke, and lastly Sakura. I noticed they were all quiet, and alert. It must be pretty awkward up there.
I jogged the distance to them. I wrapped my arms around Mechifu’s shoulders, “I am so exhausted…” I muttered to her ear.
She jumped, “Trinity?”
“No one else is here is there?” I asked.
I felt her head shake, “No… are you alright?”
I unwrap my arms from her shoulder’s. “Yeah, I’m fine I suppose. Just a little exhausted.”
“I’m glad to see your okay, do you have any injuries?” Sakura asked, coming up next to me.
I shook my head, “Nope. Though I would say I have a few cramps-”
I bent over at my waist, falling to my knees. I hissed in pain, “Dammit…” I muttered.
I felt a pair of hands on my back, “Trinity!? What’s wrong, are you hurt?”
I shook my head, “I don’t know. I was fine when I was coming toward you guys…”
I coughed. I put my hand in front of my mouth. I threw a coughing fit for a few minutes, then when I stopped I drew my hand back. There was red on my hands. I clenched my hand into a fist. What the hell?
“Did that Akatsuke guy hurt you?” I heard a male voice say, Kakashi.
I shook my head, “He never landed a single blow on me.” I gasped.
My body started shaking, what the hell was going on? I thought. I fell to my side, curling up into a ball. Alstarte, I thought, is this some other side effect from that darkness?
She never answered back, but I knew the answer. It was, while I was fighting Kabuto’s little puppet, that darkness was fighting me. I tried to keep control of it, but it was hurting my body.
I felt someone pull me until I was laying on my back, then they placed their hands on my stomach, “Internal bleeding,” Sakura said, “We better hurry back to the village, it’s pretty bad…”
She started healing me, then said, “Mechifu, there’s a white liquid in my back pouch, get it for me.”
I heard some shuffling, then I guess she gave it to her because I heard, “Open you mouth, Trinity.”
I obeyed, then some soft, tacky liquid landed in my mouth. I swallowed. I gasped in the pain it took do so. I started coughing again, some more blood came up. After a few minutes the pain went away, and my mind was foggy and tired. I heard a “Rest well.”
I fell into blackness.

The next time I woke up I was still half asleep and noticed the trees around my. My head was on something soft and somebody was rubbing my head. “Nnn…” I muttered, then tried to turn on my side, I winced.
“Are you awake Trinity?” I heard Mechifu asked.
I made a little noise of response. I was too tired to speak and to sore to move. “Is she alright?” I heard a male voice ask.
I felt a hand on my head, “She has a small fever, and she’s healing quickly, and probably sore, other than that she should be fine.” I heard Sakura response.
I muttered, “We need to get back to the village.”
“What was that?” I heard Mechifu asked.
A little louder, which was a small whisper, I repeated, “We need to get back to the village…”
I coughed, winced to the pain, then went still. I was a little more awake now, “How far are we from there?” I asked.
“A few more miles, more or less.” I heard Kakashi response.
I tried to sit up, Mechifu helped me pull up. I was slouching, and clutching my stomach. “We should hurry back. Where’s Sasuke?” I asked.
“I’m right here.” I heard to my left. I tried to turn my head, but I saw a figure standing a little away from me.
I nodded, “Alright,” I clutched my stomach, “Let’s get going…”
“But your not well enough to move,” I heard Mechifu exclaim.
I shook my head, “Someone carry me or something. Sasuke, don’t do anything stupid.”
I knew he wouldn’t, but he muttered a response. I felt a pair of strong arms pull me to their chest. I looked up to see Kakashi. I muttered something unintelligible, but didn’t say anything.
“What was that?” I heard Kakashi asked in an amused tone.
“I said, if it wasn’t for the fact I was hurting all over, I’d kick your ass.” I said a little louder.
It didn’t sound like much of a threat, but I felt him chuckle. Perverted weirdo.
Since he was too busy carrying my bridal style, he couldn’t read. I looked over his shoulder to stare at Mechifu. She stared at me back, I saw a twitch in her mouth as if she wanted to smile. I smiled at her amusingly, then tried to point down at Kakashi’s back pouch, where his book was located.
She got the message, she unclasped the pouch and drew the book out, “Hey-”
Mechifu started laughing, handing me the book. I opened to the first page, and started reading. I heard a huff of breath, but Kakashi didn’t say anything.
I heard a few chuckles behind us. I looked at the others. Sakura and Mechifu were striking a conversation with Sasuke. He didn’t have that evil look about him, he seemed more relaxed and open.
Even if I was hurt, I’m glad to see that things are getting back to where they were suppose to be.
I was reading, then I heard, Trinity?
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol, i love Kakashi to death! He's just so funny in many wierd ways. Yeah, i have a bad memory too, so i'm not sure if i said this. Oh well, if i said this once, i'll say it again. I have no idea what's in Kakashi's little book besides porno. So i'll just leave to y'alls imaginations to think of what she's reading :)