Sequel: Just A Dream
Status: COMPLETED!!!!!

The Blind Side (A Naruto Story)

Chapter 22

Zana went first. She’s been practicing since the moment we left. She worked practically morning to night. Only coming home to shower and sleep. All that hard work really did pay off though. Now she can have animals track down a scent for her, or keep an eye on somebody. She also had them go through combat, though she didn’t have anyone to attack, she kept it at a minimum.
And Toni came in handy too. If Zana was sparring, that meant she was too busy to give out orders or to watch the other animals. Toni came in and did that part for her. As if Toni knew what she was doing, she told them, like she was second in command officer or something. Which in a way, I guess she was.
Toni and Zana bonded very closely together over the past few weeks. They made a good team, the way Zana explained their training together. I was proud of the two. Though thinking about teamwork, I haven’t seen Torao in two weeks, makes me sound like a terrible owner.
Lalita came up next. Her way of training was different, in a way. She went to the middle of town, around a big crowd, and played her guitar. She said, her guitar made everyone not talk much from their mouths. Though it made their thoughts go crazy. It was a good idea of how train, in a weird way. She also made money doing it. She held out a bag, it was full of money.
I thought it was pretty cool she was training, playing her favorite guitar, and making money all at the same time. It was crazy with the ideas this girl could come up with.
Getting the basics out of them, Lalita mentions I should go with her to the supermarket in town. I agree to go. Mechifu and Zana wanted to stay home and train a little. Poor Mechifu, she still hasn’t awoken her power yet. I wonder when it will awaken. I wouldn’t know, so I couldn’t worry about it. It was Mechifu’s power anyways…
I got dressed into clean clothing and headed out the door with Lalita. We were going to a supermarket she found a few days ago with reasonable priced food. The thing was, it was a 30 minute walk to get there. And I was sure hungry.
I did my best to ignore the grumbling in my stomach though. “So,” I asked, “Is there some kind of reason we’re walking to a big town to a supermarket just to get food at a good price?”
She blushed, but didn’t say anything. She tug a lock of hair behind her ear. A familiar gesture, yet rare, that she had. I sighed, “Who is he?”
She looked at me in horror, “W-what do you mean? I have no idea what your talking about…”
Right when she said that, I heard, “Hey! Lalita!” and a dog barked.
Lalita frozed, as did I. This voice was familiar. I turned to the direction where the remark came from. Sure enough, it was Kiba Inuzuka riding his dog, Akamaru. I look at Lalita, she was smiling, happy to see him, but kept glancing at me. She had some explaining to do.
Kiba jumped off Akamaru and jogged over to us, “Hey Lalita, W’sup? Who’s this?”
I looked at Kiba, and smiled, “Kiba! It’s finally nice to meet you!”
I was telling the truth actually, he blinked at me, then looked at Lalita. He wasn’t exactly quick on catching things but he was still looking excited, “Hello there! I’m guess Lalita was talking about me.”
I laugh, I noticed Lalita blushed, “You know it. She’s totally obsessed about you.”
“Am not!” She said, turning ten shades of red.
I laughed even harder, even though she was bright red at the moment, she looked pretty cute. Kiba just grins his face off. “Anyways,” I said, “I’m Trinity, one of Lalita’s best friends.”
I stuck out my hand and he grabs it, shaking it, “As you already know,” He says, “I’m Kiba. Lalita’s soon to be boyfriend.”
I laugh, he had a good sense of humor. Though it didn’t stop Lalita from turning even redder, “In your dreams.” She said, sticking out her tongue.
He let go of my hand and puts it in front of his heart, “Oh! Your breaking my heart already!”
I giggled a little more. Then I realized something, “As much as I want to stay here and chat, I have to go…”
Sasuke, I thought to Lalita. She nodded in understanding. I turned to Kiba, “Why don’t you join Lalita on her shopping trip. I’m sure she’ll appreciate it. I have personal matters to attend to so I guess I’ll see you later, Kiba.”
I smiled at him, I started to walk off, Kiba yelled bye. I yelled back, “You two have fun on your date!”
I ran out of earshot before Lalita could respond. I headed toward Sasuke’s house.
My best friend of a little string guided me through the many houses and crazy streets. It didnt take me long to find where Sasuke lived. I also noticed a few presences around. Probably Anbu Black Ops keeping an eye on Sasuke. What a way to welcome somebody home, I thought sarcastically.
I knocked on his door. I felt Sasuke come closer. He unlached the door and swung it open. He looked down at me, and smirked, "What a surprise, Trinity. I wasn't expecting you to come see me."
I mocked a gasp, "I don't think that's how you treat a person that saves you from doom."
He shook his head, "Come on then, savior."
He moved to the side, mocking a bow. He sure has turned cocky since he came home. I stepped into the threshold and stepped into a brightly lit living room. The room itself was huge. It was probably bigger than the kitchen and living room put together back at the apartment. There was some nice looking furniture here and there. There were a few books around the couch, on the floor and on random tables.
Sasuke knew how to use his time.
"You've been reading?" I asked, picking up a book off the ground.
He shrugged, "Well, not much to do when your stuck at home."
I think about the Anbu that were outside. I wonder if he knew about them being out there. If he did, he was one hell of an actor to not show it.
I nodded in response, "Well," I said, "I've been in the hospital in the past week, so I couldn't check up you. Sorry about that." I added.
I saw him shrug, "Nothing personal. Mechifu and Sakura has been coming in your place."
I grinned, "Oh really? I guess they're taking really good care of you if you got all these books... Are you needing of anything else? Anything that I could help you with? Money? Food?"
He shook his head. After a few moments he said, "Well, it would be nice if you could get these Anbu off my back. I'd like to sleep in my bed knowing I wouldn't need to keep my eyes open..."
I nodded, "Alright. I'll talk to the hokage about it tomorrow..." I looked out the window, "It's getting pretty dark. I better head back."
I was getting a little tugging feeling in my stomach. I was hungry.
"Wait here for a second..." Sasuke said, then disappeared into the hallway.
He came back and tossed my something. Reflexivly i caught it. It was a golden apple. My mouth almost drooled at seeing it. When was the last time I've eatin real food? I take a bite through the juicy fruit. I chewed and swallowed. "Thanks." I said, taking another bite.
He shrugged, "Go on home, it's getting late."
I did a salute with my free hand, "Yes, sir! I'll be going then."
He chuckled. I stepped outside from the house. There was still a little light out. Though it will be setting soon, very soon. I started walking home. I stuck my hands in my pocket. It took about 30 to get to the supermarket from home. It took an extra 15 to get from the market to Sasukes. And I still wasn't comfortable getting around town. So that's 45 minutes of walking home, maybe an hour at most if I don't get lost.
I sighed, this sucks. I took another bite of the apple, glad to have something in my stomach for once.
I felt a presense coming near. I froze, I wasn't sure who it was, but I wasn't taking any chances. It might be enemy...
I went behind a stall and stood in the shadow, waiting for the presense to show. I saw him, and smirked. The familiar tall figure walked past me not bothering to glance at me. I stood up, and crept out. I silently ran up to him and jumped on his back.
He did a small 'oof'', but caught me. "Boo!" I said in his ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, next chapter all about Kakashi and Trinity :D Go KakaTrin <3 lol